+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I get ACELL/PRP without a transplant?

I am considering an ACELL/PRP procedure, and I am curious to see whether people think this is a worthwhile use of money, given that this still a relatively new treatment. I would be doing the procedure on a standalone basis, without a HT. My goals would be the following:

1. Prevent further hair loss.
    2. Reduce or eliminate my sebhorrea and scalp itch, which so far hasn't responded to medications.
    3. Regrow some of the hair in the thinning areas to create more density.

I am not taking any hair loss medications right now except for Nizoral 2%. I tried Finasteride for about a year, but quit do to side effects. I don't think it did much for my hair anyway. I also did minoxidil for about a year also, but again, it didn't seem to do anything, so I stopped. I am reluctant to get a HT right now, because I'm concerned about my hair loss progressing further, and I'm also concerned that if Histogen or Aderans et al ever develop viable stem cell treatments, that they might not on transplanted scalps. I would like to hear what others think of this.

I wish I can even afford an Acell/PRP injection. If I could, I would do several injections or as many as I need to get to where I want.

I would do it without a HT if I was in your position.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I wish I can even afford an Acell/PRP injection. If I could, I would do several injections or as many as I need to get to where I want.

I would do it without a HT if I was in your position.
    Hey do you really think acell+prp works at all?? Cause there aren't any studies or results showing it works (Mainly for the frontal hairline).

We only have is the before/after pics on hitzig's site which are just crap!!

Also in an recent video hitzig stated it works better in women, and even he's not sure if it will work in men or not??