+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 225 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Why are you happy replicel is way back in third....even thou replicel is still in the beginning of their work, they still have the best shot to be the best cure. Histogen is going to be great and i think we all can get histogen treatment with great results until replicel comes out with something that can stop baldness for good.
    Who said I was happy? Maybe in a perfect world Replicel would be first and then Histogen and then Aderans. But right now I don't give a shit.

To be honest I have a bad feeling about Replicel and have a suspicion that they won't be able to make it do what they want it to do.

In my dream world something capable of arresting my hairloss would be available tomorrow :P

Default Bitmopost

Bitmopost any idea of the relase date

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    The problem is, what is stopping people who use for their eye lashes to buy the MPB version - given it is cheaper?
    You think they'll care if they get a viable MPB treatment? I doubt it - the market for longer eyelashes is much smaller than the market for MPB!

There is also the fact the MPB treatment, if it works, will probably be significantly higher concentration. Might not even be safe to be putting that stuff on eyelashes due to the known effects of bimatoprost on the eye itself, so they might still get away with marketing them separately.

Based on the links at the bottom of the post the 2 current Phase II trials will end in July and then the results will be available near the end of 2012. If results are positive, Allergan will gear up for Phase III immediately so they may be able to begin Phase III in very early 2013. In fact, the quote in the CBS link below suggests that Phase III could start to be geared up well prior to the end of Phase II.......i.e. as soon as they "start getting any positive feedback". But as Scott Whitcup (head of R&D) says in the transcript, two Phase III trials will be required. What is not addressed is whether those trials can run concurrently, although I see no reason why they can't as I have read about other companies running trials concurrently. Phase II began in June of 2011 and will end in July 2012 so you would have to estimate at least a year for Phase III. If the two Phase III trials ran concurrently and began in early 2013, it is conceivable that Phase III could be completed in early 2014. Assuming negligible side effects on a par with what they had w/ Latisse which has already been approved, you could probably expect quick approval from the FDA so I would say mid to late 2014 at best or 2015 is a reasonable possibility.

I am not sure what the possible side effects of a prostaglandin analog are in general but I would guess that one of the big safety issues would concern whether when going from 1 drop on each eyelid to coverage of the entire scalp, there might be a much greater chance of a toxic level of systemic absorption. However, it appears that "Bimatoprost undergoes minimal systemic absorption" http://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/bimat...phthalmic.html and since Allergan has already cleared Phase I, this issue may not turn out to be a problem.

ALLERGAN EARNINGS CALL Transcript (August 2011): Larry, clearly, this is a program that we've optimally resourced, given the huge market potential. So the Phase I was just testing the overall formulation, making sure that it was stable, making sure that it was tolerated. So we probably have some of the Phase I data at R&D Day. But it's really the Phase II data that will be proof of concept. That depending on enrollment and feedback probably won't be available till end of sort of, I'd say, latter part of next year. Clearly, we'll be monitoring this and as we start getting any positive feedback, we'll gear up, so that once we get the proof of concept data, we could go to Phase III right away. The good news is that the FDA regulatory pathway is well delineated as there are other products that have been approved. The negative is it's not quick. You've got to go through all of the steps that FDA requires and that will be 2 Phase III trials following a proof of concept study. And as you pointed out, we see a potential market, not only for male-pattern baldness which is a huge market, but the animal data suggests that for female hair thinning, that could be a very beneficial product as well.

See also http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-42849516/allergans-potential-baldness-cure-clears-one-hurdle-heads-for-the-hard-part/ suggesting an earlier possible release date in 2013 or 2014.

Does anyone know if Histogen is suppose to work on DUPA?

Quote Originally Posted by inkt2002 View Post
    Does anyone know if Histogen is suppose to work on DUPA?
    Dupa means arse in Polish lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Dupa means arse in Polish lol.
    arse means ass in American

yeah it should work for DUPA, why wouldn't it?

Im confused, do you want to use histogens HSC to grow a hairy ass?

What ever happened to that interview we were going to get?

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    What ever happened to that interview we were going to get?
    Good point. Deserves a thread of its own though!!