Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Horseshoe
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by goldbondmafia
    hey guys, i was trying to make a thread but i cant for some reason it wont let me. I was gonna ask:

1. Will replicel release photos from their most recent results?

2. Will they give us another update 6 months from their most recent results to see how their patients are doing after a year?

Thanks!
    If the results after one year are cosmetically significant and improves beyond what was reported at the six month mark they will release the photos. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

• sickly_burnt_tree_forest
      • Jan 2012

I bet when they first tested on mice they had a few hairs sprout up and it took refinement, so why shouldnt humans be the same? i think aslong as it works to some degree there is alot of room for improvement in the near future. I just hope they get to keep on going and who ever brings a acceptable cure to this disease is going to be rich as they want to be.

Comment

• 67mph
        • Mar 2010

This thread had masses of posts each day in the run-up to the 6month trail reaults, now there isn't much happening, where's everyone gone?!

Shall i start a 12month results countdown?

5 months and 12 days approx. to go...?

Comment

• gmonasco
          Inactive
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by 67mph
          This thread had masses of posts each day in the run-up to the 6month trail reaults, now there isn't much happening, where's everyone gone?!
          They've gone to the Histogen thread.

Given the six-month results, I don't think many people here have much anticipation for the twelve-month results.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
            • Jul 2011

5 months and 12 days approx. to go...?

somebody should put a highlight reel together of all the funny speculation...

"if they do more than 50% increase its all over!"

"Do you think they'll be able to give me a hairline lower than my adolescent one?!"

"should I invest everything I have in replicel?"

I"m sure there are more

Comment

• 67mph
              • Mar 2010

You know i thought that's what was happening.

We're just all busy chasing tails!

Comment

• sickly_burnt_tree_forest
                • Jan 2012

chasing tails is fine, anything to give hope and take up the time... having hairloss at a young age is worse than cancer...you dont get the concideration of dying from others, but your soul is. these companys are all we have for hope.

Comment

• marginex
                  • Nov 2011

New Update from Replicel

Another update, quite positive in my eyes!

Brett

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                    • Oct 2011

I'd be curious how quickly a *brand new* follicile takes to make a hair. Its first growth cycle probably doesn't succeed its second is probably not complete either.

Think healthy-ly fed babies. Some grow hair like mad in the womb, some have wisps for many months if not longer. But what about the same thing in an adult?

Given proper nutrition, and not boosters, that is.

Comment

• Davey Jones
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                      I'd be curious how quickly a *brand new* follicile takes to make a hair. Its first growth cycle probably doesn't succeed its second is probably not complete either.

Think healthy-ly fed babies. Some grow hair like mad in the womb, some have wisps for many months. But what about the same thing in an adult?

Given proper nutrition, and not boosters, that is.
                      Yeah, I love how some people were so willing to say "see, I told you Replicel would fail" at six months. Most treatments take much longer, and this is a fairly distinct (from current treatments) method.

Jeez, people, Replicel may or may not be a flop, but at least give it as long as you'd give fin.

Comment

• PayDay
                        • Nov 2008

Just saw this tweet.

Further Analysis Reveals Double Digit Hair Growth in RepliCels First-in-man Clinical Trial

Comment

• 67mph
                          • Mar 2010

I've seen the update also today, every little helps and while the i-told-you-so gang are busy smashing up another possible hairloss cure thread, take this time for positivity in this minefield i say.

I see it as the steppng stones are getting just that little bit closer together, before you know it we'll/they'll have a bridge we can all cross and we can then look back, and think, shit, we're here, we made it ...now lets get busy worrying over something else, haa!!

Comment

• mimosa
                            • Dec 2011

I know I'm a woman and this is mostly a male oriented forum, but I wanna give my 2 cents.

I think that this announcement was made in order to make people realize that the previous results released were not all that bad. Of course some people will still think these are bad news, and I get it, 'cause we're all desperate for a cure (I should know, I'm a 23 year old woman with thinning hair, it's devastating)... but I still have faith in Replicel... I think they're on the right track and as has been noted before, these things take A LOT of time. These are new treatments, there's no background to compare them to, so results will vay a lot from time to time. I think that even if Replicel can't grow a lot of hair, if they can somehow make existing follicles immune to hair loss, that would be awesome! Sadly with science and new treatments it's all about trial and error and that takes time... I always remember that famous quote by Edison:

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work".

And that's the way it is... but in any case I'm grateful thatt there are people working on this, and I think at least one out of the four main companies working on this will succeed. Maybe next year, maybe 5 years from now, maybe in 10 years... but some day, someone will make it. I know we all want a cure NOW - when I look in the mirror sometimes I feel very angry that there's still no way to fix such a fundamental part of my image... but I'm sure there will be a cure.

You know what would have been bad results, anyway? If this had somehow encouraged hair loss. Maybe I'm too optimistic or naive, but I'm one of the people who think that 6 months is still to early to judge Replicel's efficacy.

Comment

• NotDyingBald
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by NotDyingBald
                              I know how much we want to hear 500% regrowth guys.

But we need to interpretate the numbers released. We are not talking about regrowth after the use of Minox, Fin, or whatever, where the follicles producing hair are already there, hair strucutures are already formed. Donīt forget that this is introduncing new cells into the scalp, so it takes time for the body to establish them, evolve and finally start working(producing hair)

So, if from Minox we need at least 6 months to start seeing(if they are) results, and 1 year or more, from Fin, i think that having hair growth from new structures only 6 months after injection(and in phase 1), its definitely good news.

Oh, and with that little tiny detail: without having to take the chances of having your dick dead.
                              I just quoted my own reply. Just because it seems to me that is one of the most sense replys about Replicel, and no one noticed it. Or maybe iīm just stupid.

Comment

• krewel
                                • Aug 2011

... and while the i-told-you-so gang are busy smashing up another possible hairloss cure thread, take this time for positivity in this minefield i say.
                                Yes, it's ridiculous. People can't even imagine how complicated alopecia and the hair follicle as an organ itself is. They think they know something because they read some stuff on Wikipedia and Hairsite.
                                Prof.Hoffmann of Replicel has been specializing on Alopecia as a Professor at German Phillips University since 1998(2003). Just check out his cv:
                                Prof.Hoffmann CV

If any of you guys think, you know better than him, all I can do is nothing but laugh.

Comment

Working...