Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chimera
    • Aug 2012

Have any of you guys seen the dermaroller thread at ***...?

Damn... I remember that used to be the dermaroller thread...

But now it has become a deranged den of psychos and fanatics... it's just sad.

Comment

• fred970
      • Nov 2009

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that about the *** forum.

Comment

• saintsfan92344
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by chimera
        Have any of you guys seen the dermaroller thread at ***...?

Damn... I remember that used to be the dermaroller thread...

But now it has become a deranged den of psychos and fanatics... it's just sad.

Yes there are a lot of fanatics over there a lot of good info also, if you do happen to mention anything negative god help you
        one of the fanatics/ quacks that used to be there may have gotten chased off recently hopefully, although I did get some enjoyment in messing with him a little

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by saintsfan92344
          Yes there are a lot of fanatics over there a lot of good info also, if you do happen to mention anything negative god help you
          one of the fanatics/ quacks that used to be there may have gotten chased off recently hopefully, although I did get some enjoyment in messing with him a little
          Its really just ONE guy thats the fanatic at ***; squeegee. The dude insults everyone and anyone that says something that goes against his theories/opinions. The amount of bullshit he posts is overwhelming and is the #1 reason why that thread gets derailed. Everyone else is normal. Though he does post relevant stuff as well.

Comment

• chimera
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
            Its really just ONE guy thats the fanatic at ***; squeegee. The dude insults everyone and anyone that says something that goes against his theories/opinions. The amount of bullshit he posts is overwhelming and is the #1 reason why that thread gets derailed. Everyone else is normal. Though he does post relevant stuff as well.
            You are completely right. From time to time he may post important information. But his personality is completely toxic, and it has spread to some of the other guys as well. That guy just does not allow any kind of debate.

Comment

• bigentries
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Chromeo
              Sounds to me like you just don't have the stomach to keep up with this, but good luck to you dude.
              I've been almost 5 months on this.

The study claimed results in 12 weeks

People later started claiming the pics were 8 month pics, after the discontinuation of the treatment.

No one has gotten results even close to those in the study, the best ones have been just decent minox results.

People had the benefit of the doubt at 12 weeks, but right now, it is pretty obvious something is wrong, either the study is fake or everyone has been doing this thing wrong.

Comment

• LongWayHome
                • Nov 2012

Amen.
                Squeegee thinks he's the "Gandalf" of ***, a wizard or something, and everyone else are hobbits.
                Doesn't matter what they think, cause he's here to decide for them.
                One day he wakes up, reads something about derma-rolling, and says:
                "Are you ready for an adventure?" while all the hobbits yell "YES!!".
                At start it was actually interesting, but now they became zombies that look for blood. Everyone's trying to show Squeegee that they're "cool" as he's, and the few that say anything else, get ambushed by him.

Comment

• Chromeo
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
                  I've been almost 5 months on this.

The study claimed results in 12 weeks

People later started claiming the pics were 8 month pics, after the discontinuation of the treatment.

No one has gotten results even close to those in the study, the best ones have been just decent minox results.

People had the benefit of the doubt at 12 weeks, but right now, it is pretty obvious something is wrong, either the study is fake or everyone has been doing this thing wrong.
                  Yeah, could be. We'll just have to wait and see. Suppose it's good to have people bailing out, could prove whether or not you need to keep on rolling after that initial period. I believe it would have to be an ongoing thing to stop fibrosis creeping back in, but that's just me.

Comment

• Borealis
                    • Mar 2013

Lost track of how many rolls I've done. I think this is my 14th or 15th maybe. (I do it every two weeks).

Honestly feel like my hair is thicker, and my hairline is recruiting more and more vellus hairs but there is literally no cosmetic difference from when I started so far.

Comment

• bigentries
                      • Dec 2011

Yeah, could be. We'll just have to wait and see. Suppose it's good to have people bailing out, could prove whether or not you need to keep on rolling after that initial period. I believe it would have to be an ongoing thing to stop fibrosis creeping back in, but that's just me.
                      People that claimed the pics were 8 at the 8 month mark also claimed it was after discontinuation from the treatment

We don't have to "wait and see" this is the kind of attitude that makes bald guys an easy target for charlatans. People brought up the inconsistencies in the study, like the time length of the pics, from day one and people just chose to ignore it.

Hope I get a miraculous regrowth in 3 months of doing nothing

Comment

• saintsfan92344
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by LongWayHome
                        Amen.
                        Squeegee thinks he's the "Gandalf" of ***, a wizard or something, and everyone else are hobbits.
                        Doesn't matter what they think, cause he's here to decide for them.
                        One day he wakes up, reads something about derma-rolling, and says:
                        "Are you ready for an adventure?" while all the hobbits yell "YES!!".
                        At start it was actually interesting, but now they became zombies that look for blood. Everyone's trying to show Squeegee that they're "cool" as he's, and the few that say anything else, get ambushed by him.
                        Not everyone over there bows to squeegee, I roll till I bleed and am trying different things as people come up with them. I have had to call squeegee out a couple times and yes he can be a major a$$ at times but he is not afraid to try new things and jump into them so I will give him his props on that. most of the studies he posts are relevant to hairloss and I take what I want from them and what everyone else has to say not just squeegee and apply them as I see fit.
                        my take on rolling is I am doing the 12 weeks, then going monthly or 6 weeks, my reasoning is I get a decent shed 4 days after rolling due to what I believe is shockloss, during rolling I cut/pull so many hairs it is very noticeable when I finish so I need a chance for my hair to basically catch up to see if anything is happening. I have 4 more weeks to go

Comment

• Pentarou
                          • Apr 2013

Yeah, very true, that's stopped me registering an account at *** to join the rolling thread(s), that guy's odd and nasty. Some good, intelligent contributors like princess Rambo have been chased away, sadly. At least some guys are posting before/after photos though, sadly lacking elsewhere.

Comment

• Chromeo
                            • Dec 2012

People that claimed the pics were 8 at the 8 month mark also claimed it was after discontinuation from the treatment

We don't have to "wait and see" this is the kind of attitude that makes bald guys an easy target for charlatans. People brought up the inconsistencies in the study, like the time length of the pics, from day one and people just chose to ignore it.

Hope I get a miraculous regrowth in 3 months of doing nothing
                            Unfortunately you do have to wait and see, as there is no way of telling at the moment how things will be at the 8 months mark.

I also hope you get a miraculous regrowth in 3 months, but it seems unlikely. If you haven't seen anything of note by 20 weeks when others are reporting hair thickening and new hairs coming through, then you're probably not doing it right or perhaps you have other underlying issues you need to address.

Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

• bigentries
                              • Dec 2011

If you haven't seen anything of note by 20 weeks when others are reporting hair thickening and new hairs coming through, then you're probably not doing it right or perhaps you have other underlying issues you need to address.
                              Anecdotal reports don't work. People also claimed hair thickening in two weeks with indomethacin this year, look were it lead

The only photographic results I've seen look like pretty average minox results, nothing to brag about

Comment

• Chromeo
                                • Dec 2012

Anecdotal reports don't work. People also claimed hair thickening in two weeks with indomethacin this year, look were it lead

The only photographic results I've seen look like pretty average minox results, nothing to brag about
                                True, I try to take most things with a pinch of salt. Regardless of whether anecdotal accounts work for you or not, I'm hearing too many positive reports of this working to personally discredit it. Don't remember hearing much about Indomethacin besides one guy posting a few questionable pics and not much else. I tuned out pretty early, sensing it was BS like most expensive topical treatments tend to be. I'm seeing improvements myself with rolling which I guess is the best evidence one can see. Sorry that it's not working for you at the moment, but I'll be sticking with it. Hope you see improvements or find something else that works for you.

Comment

Working...