Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chimera
    • Aug 2012

Minoxidil+dermaroller

Hi, I haven't see this already posted in here, so here I go (if this has indeed already been posted in here then please delete this thread):

It is an study about the use of dermaroller along minoxidili as a potential treatment against aga. It looks awesome.

It is new, it was published just a week ago.
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

Just started using one a week ago!

I must say, it stings a bit but overall makes my hair feel a bit better. Not sure if it will do much as Ive been on Minoxidil for like two years now without the dermaroller.

Comment

• bigentries
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by rdawg

I must say, it stings a bit but overall makes my hair feel a bit better. Not sure if it will do much as Ive been on Minoxidil for like two years now without the dermaroller.
      It shouldn't sting, read the study, participants didn't apply minox the day they used the dermaroller

I don't think this has anything to do with absorption like many always thought, this has to bee more along the line of what Follica is studying

Impressive number, hope people take this seriously

Comment

• JDW
        • Mar 2012

rdawg whereabouts did you purchase this from?
        thanks

Comment

• chimera
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
          It shouldn't sting, read the study, participants didn't apply minox the day they used the dermaroller

I don't think this has anything to do with absorption like many always thought, this has to bee more along the line of what Follica is studying

Impressive number, hope people take this seriously
          Yeah, you're right, in the study there's no mention about absorption, it talks about release of platelet derived growth factor, activation of stem cells, and inducing overexpression of or, B catenin, Wnt3a, and Wnt10 b.

Comment

• JDW
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by chimera
            Yeah, you're right, in the study there's no mention about absorption, it talks about release of platelet derived growth factor, activation of stem cells, and inducing overexpression of or, B catenin, Wnt3a, and Wnt10 b.
            Ok what does this mean for the Layman? It's a different way of absorbing the minoxidil?

Comment

• rdawg
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by JDW
              rdawg whereabouts did you purchase this from?
              thanks
              just got one off ebay bud, it was around 10 bucks

I'd say it's worth the purchase just to add to what could work for us.

Comment

• Borealis
                • Mar 2013

Could someone clarify this method for me? Seriously considering it. Can it be done with hair on your head or do you have to be shaved?

Comment

• chimera
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Borealis
                  Could someone clarify this method for me? Seriously considering it. Can it be done with hair on your head or do you have to be shaved?
                  I don't think you have to shave your head. They shave the head of the participants in the study at the beginning but it was just to ensure that everybody started with the same hair length so they could make a better evaluation and comparison between both groups.

Originally posted by JDW
                  Ok what does this mean for the Layman? It's a different way of absorbing the minoxidil?
                  No, it is not a different way of absorbing minoxidil, dermaroller is supposed to work through a whole different route than minoxidil. According to the study, in healthy scalps the transition of telogen follicles into anagen is mediated through the activation of wnt/beta-catenin/lef1, shh, and STS3 pathways. In people with AGA, dihidrotestosterone enters the follicle through the dermal papilla capillaries and binds to the androgen receptor within the dermal papilla cells supressing stimulary pathways (the ones I mentioned before) and, at the same time, up-regulating suppressing pathways (dkk1, BMP 4) which promote premature transition of hair follicles from anagen phase to telogen phase and follicular miniaturization.

Dermarollign then, would work increasing the "good pathways", the one that promotes hair growth.

Comment

• JDW
                    • Mar 2012

just got one off ebay bud, it was around 10 bucks

I'd say it's worth the purchase just to add to what could work for us.
                    Thanks man

Originally posted by chimera
                    No, it is not a different way of absorbing minoxidil, dermaroller is supposed to work through a whole different route than minoxidil. According to the study, in healthy scalps the transition of telogen follicles into anagen is mediated through the activation of wnt/beta-catenin/lef1, shh, and STS3 pathways. In people with AGA, dihidrotestosterone enters the follicle through the dermal papilla capillaries and binds to the androgen receptor within the dermal papilla cells supressing stimulary pathways (the ones I mentioned before) and, at the same time, up-regulating suppressing pathways (dkk1, BMP 4) which promote premature transition of hair follicles from anagen phase to telogen phase and follicular miniaturization.

Dermarollign then, would work increasing the "good pathways", the one that promotes hair growth.
                    Nice one man, thanks for the summary. So these results look encouraging? I wonder why more people aren't making a fuss over this?

Comment

• bigentries
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by JDW
                      Nice one man, thanks for the summary. So these results look encouraging? I wonder why more people aren't making a fuss over this?
                      I've always felt baffled at this kind of scenarios

BNP-32, topicals with proven anti-androgen action, and now this thing get overlooked but people choose to experiment with chemicals from dubious sources and no trialing or speculate and fight about their favorite shaman-doctor/company

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
                        I've always felt baffled at this kind of scenarios

BNP-32, topicals with proven anti-androgen action, and now this thing get overlooked but people choose to experiment with chemicals from dubious sources and no trialing or speculate and fight about their favorite shaman-doctor/company
                        Your grammar... I can't quite figure out what it is you're trying to say.

Comment

• Buster
                          • Jul 2012

So using a Dermaroller without Minox may help too?

Comment

• chimera
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JDW
                            So these results look encouraging?
                            I really think so. Of course this is far from a cure but, if this works the way the study suggest, I believe this would be a great addition to the big 3 (in fact, I say this would put ketoconazole to shame) . Yeah, the number of participants was not massive, but I think it was big enough and the results were (according to the study) consistent enough to let us catch on some very encouraging patterns.

Not only that, but also it is cheap, easy to get, easy to use, and side-effects free.

Comment

• Buster
                              • Jul 2012

Comment

Working...