+ Reply to Thread

Default Rogaine Foam Alternative - Dark under eye circles

Hey Guys,

I'm 29 have mild/moderate thinning all over the top. Tried Rogaine Foam for about 2 months and it seemed to be working. I went through about a month period where my hair looked its worse ever but then it got better. I had a couple people comment that they really liked my new hair style which wasn't really much of a change from my original but my hair quality had just changed. But anyways I have started to get these dark cirlces under my eyes. People have commented that I look tired or worn down. I am pretty into fitness and health and my sleeping schedule and routine hasn't changed.

So my question is, has anyone had this side effect from rogaine foam before? Also could any of you recommend a different type of Minoxidil, that doesn't have this side effect I know some hair transplant docs that have their own mixtures?? I also am not a fan of the smell of the foam so if these is an alternative that doesn't smell I would really like it!

Thanks!

The foam is the best you can get at this point, it helps make your hair thicker as well as with the growth. In my case when I first started using minoxidil my eyes got red. It lasted for a while but then it went away, I am not even sure if it was from the minoxidil or not but now that you mention dark circles under your eyes perhaps it is connected. Anyways, what I wanted to say is that after a little while it went away. And that stopping the minox now that you have started with it is not worth it and that the foam is the best you can get these days.

i had them, they stopped once i stopped using minox. it is a side effect of minox that isnt documented but alot of people suffer it. It is a vasodilator drug and dilates the small capillaries under the eyes which means more blood to under eye region which makes it appear darker. There are some creams/lotions people use to make them go away but u will have to research that as i cant remember their name.

I think dark circles are a minoxidil side effect. Also water retention in the face, bloated face, makes you look older, makes you look like you smoke after using it for a while.

I have hereditary dark circles to begin with, but not like this. Sometimes I am asked if I was in a fight. Doesn't matter how many hours I sleep, the dark circles will stay there.

I'm 22 but strangers often think i'm a teenager, i'm afraid that will not last long with the way Minoxidil is messing up my face, making my face look fat and unhealthy. And i'm a fairly slim guy who works out, so it can't be that i'm eating wrong.

I'm not a doctor but the best I can recommend is:

1. Use a facial cleaner like Liquid Neutrogena or other one's. Google around for the best facial cleaners. Use it everyday or as directed.

2. I use an eye cream for dark circles/fine lines under my eye. It works really well. Google around for what the best eye creams for dark circles are. I use an eye cream from Aveeno.

3. Use a good facial moisturizer everyday after you clean your face. Search around and get whatever you think is the best one, check the reviews and ratings. Neutrogena Men Age Fighter Face Moisturizer is a good one. I also use St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin.

I use all of this stuff everyday, and I know I would have looked worse without them. I never used any of these things before getting on minox. But I can't get off of it now or else I will lose any hair i've gained. So the best thing you can do is just take care of your face some other way, not stopping minoxidil.

Yeah, minoxidil left its scars on me too. My skin tone was separated into different islands of colour (I never, EVER used to have red cheeks, not even at my most dehydrated or drunk), and I still have dark circles around my eyes (although nowhere near as bad as when I started). After stopping in October, my face still looks different - definitely older.

NOT a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    The foam is the best you can get at this point, it helps make your hair thicker as well as with the growth. In my case when I first started using minoxidil my eyes got red. It lasted for a while but then it went away, I am not even sure if it was from the minoxidil or not but now that you mention dark circles under your eyes perhaps it is connected. Anyways, what I wanted to say is that after a little while it went away. And that stopping the minox now that you have started with it is not worth it and that the foam is the best you can get these days.
    Thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity what other forms of Minoxidil have you used? I hear all the time that the rogaine foam is better than the other stuff but don't hear about the 10%+ stuff you can get from transplant doctors. Have you ever tried any of these

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Yeah, minoxidil left its scars on me too. My skin tone was separated into different islands of colour (I never, EVER used to have red cheeks, not even at my most dehydrated or drunk), and I still have dark circles around my eyes (although nowhere near as bad as when I started). After stopping in October, my face still looks different - definitely older.

NOT a fan.
    How long were you on it for? Did you notice results in terms of regrowth at least?