+ Reply to Thread

Default Intro and long term Propecia user experience

Short story on me. Started thinning at 24. Got on Propecia 1mg daily and been on it for 11 yrs. Had great results at around the 1 1/2 year mark as all thinning went away. Stayed pretty much about the same until about year ago when thinning started back up slowly.

Sides included definite decrease in libido which eventually went away after a few months of starting. Also less firm erections in my opinion. Even as recently as a few months ago when I stopped taking it for a month they got better it seemed. So gives me hope that if I do stop taking it any potential effects should go.

Tried adding Rogaine foam for a few months once daily (I refuse to put that stuff on and go out in the morning) with little results.

Now at 35 have noticeable thinning on the top of my head and am trying to supplement with new things. Been taking Biotin and Vitamin B complex with all the suggested extra stuff (insitosol, PABA, etc.)

Thinking of stating on Maxahair supplement to help boost Propecia and also adding Revivogen for natural topical growth stimulant.

Eventually will need to decide on pulling the trigger on shave head or HT.

HT is scary though since if it doesn't go well we all know you cant go back.

FYI plan on posting some pics to get opinions on if adding the other two items Maxahair and Revivogen might help.

thanks

Hey man, I just came across this post. Looks like it's been a while, but I'm in the same place you were at the time you posted this. Any luck with supplemental treatments? How has your experience with Propecia been since then?
    I am going to be 35 next month, I've been on the Fin since '02 . I started noticing a little bit of thinning in my crown this year. I buzzed my hair off to try it out, but I think I want to keep what I have and grow it out a little bit as long as I can spray it in place.
    I don't have any sides from Fin. The only time I get depressed or have libido issues is when I start freaking about my hair, or when I think about quitting Fin.
    What are your plans with regard to buzz vs. HT? Do you plan on taking the Fin forever?
    Just curious how you've progressed. Hope everything is working out for you so far.
    Be well!