+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    \wow you only consider one of these current contenders or a future company that can give full original density and nw1 to be a cure/success?

Im wondering how many people have that mentality because it sure would explain the tirades after replicels latest report. Scorpion those are some serious expectations my friend.
    Hell, I'm surprised Scorpion didn't say it had to bring him to NW 0.5 with twice his original denisty to count. Though I have to agree with him in a way. I wouldn't give something such a gracious name as "cure" until it gave back every hair that I lost. But to answer the question, I'd be perfectly happy with 50% density, with even a heavily "mature" looking hairline.

Personally, I liked the receded hairline look. I thought it looked distinguished. And in nerdier moods, I thought it looked like Vegeta. I'm lookin' closer to Krillian since I started shaving, but that's fine for now. As long as I look like some DBZ character, eh? So yeah, I'd totally settle for that (50% with even a high hairline) and be very happy, but I wouldn't quite call it a "cure."

Quote Originally Posted by WillhasWill View Post
    I agree with Tracy that a real cure would be immunization. Though, I'm not sure I agree that reactivating the dormant follicles of long term sufferers of baldness would be easy.

Though, solving the cause of the problem is the hardest part and once this is complete and immunization is possible then surely it will be much easier job to work on reactivating dormant follicles. Plus, millions of people will benefit from the prevention and halting of hair loss. And in theory all future generations.

For me at my stage, my personal ideal cure would be immunization to halt baldness.

I think the actual real cure of anything would be to go right to the genes that make hair loss possible. Though baldness is very common there are many people who do not experience any signs of it even at the age of 70+. They must still have similar levels of DHT and hair follicles would have been exposed to a lot of it throughout their life but their genes allow their hair follicles to be resistant to it. So it's possible
    Immunization isnt the "holy grail".... did you miss my post? - are we discussing what we define as the holy grail or just throwing in more ideas of what an ideal next step in the fight against hair loss would be?... im confused, according to the original post its the former so why would immunization be the holy grail to someone who's a NW2 onward? You're forgetting probably 90% of the balding population - how is that the "holy grail"??? How does one "immunize" a hair follicle against DHT?.... any suggestions??? ANYONE?? It's like trying to immunize your liver against Vitamin A.

The "holy grail" is am umbrella term that also includes people suffering from AA and AU... not just MPB - how will "immunization" help those people?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    That's not true, castration doesnt regenerate hair...
    Castration does not immunize hair follicles from the damaging effects of DHT. If that were the case, women would not suffer with hereditary hair loss. Yet women do suffer with it as well as men.

You are not looking at the whole picture. I do not know why you are so narrow minded but you need to step back and look at all the pieces of the puzzle instead of just one or two pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I wouldn't normally condone this, but he should consider using some of his widow's peak as donor for his temples.

Immunization isnt the "holy grail".... did you miss my post?
    Did you miss the title of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Castration does not immunize hair follicles from the damaging effects of DHT. If that were the case, women would not suffer with hereditary hair loss. Yet women do suffer with it as well as men.

You are not looking at the whole picture. I do not know why you are so narrow minded but you need to step back and look at all the pieces of the puzzle instead of just one or two pieces.
    Yes it does - if I castrated myself my hair loss would stop indefinately but the hair ive lost would not grow back - so how is immunization a cure? What about the millions of NW 234567 men out there? How will immunization magically grow their lost hair back? LOL

You claim I am not looking at the bigger picture... the HOLY GRAIL would also address people suffering from AA, AU and scarring alopecia - even TE .. clearly, being immune to one hormone wont do a thing for all these people - so how on earth can you tell me I am not looking at the bigger picture?

You're talking absolute horse shit.

Yes it does.
    Castration does not immunize hair follicles. You are absolutely not looking at the big picture. Open your mind. Read valid legitimate information, listen and learn. Start by looking up the definition of of the words "cure" and "immunization".

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Castration does not immunize hair follicles. You are absolutely not looking at the big picture. Open your mind. Read valid legitimate information, listen and learn. Start by looking up the definition of of the words "cure" and "immunization".
    Yes I KNOW it doesnt "immunize" the hair follicles LMFAO *face palm* - did I ever say it did EXACTLY that? I only used it as an example to help you understand that being free from the effects of DHT does not equate to what is often termed "THE CURE/HOLY GRAIL".... You said in your original post that "immunization IS the cure" - SORRY..... but that's utter horse shit - there's people out there suffering from COMPLETE hair loss... there's chemotherapy patients suffering from COMPLETE hair loss - Alopecia Areata patients suffering from COMPLETE HAIR LOSS - to even suggest "being immune to DHT" alone as "THE CURE FOR HAIR LOSS"... is probably the most ignorant and narrow minded statement I have read in the past 3 years on this site. You were talking ABSOLUTE HORSE SHIT in your first post lmfao & now it looks like you're trying to worm out on semantics - pathetic, truly and utterly pathetic.

P.S. I think we forget sometimes that this is a HAIR LOSS site - not a Male Pattern Baldness site.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    I'm with Scoots. 50% of original density is my target.

If I can get 50% of original density with Histogen, and then a drug like CB-03-01 or ASC-J9 to protect both my regrown hair and my original hair, then I will consider my hairloss battle won.
    do you think any of the current companies were watching will be able to hit those percentages? thats upwards of 100 hairs cm2 which is a big leap from where we currently stand.

Im glad a few people have posted some reasonable expectations as for what would leave them happy to finally be done with these forums and start living their lives to the fullest again.

I think I have pretty modest parameters compared to most on here for what my own "personal cure" is. I think I would be happy with anything ranging from 30 - 50 new hairs per cm2.

For me there are two definitions. If you're already bald then it should give you 50% density in a respectable pattern, anything more is just being greedy. If you are not already bald then it should be a simple procedure or treatment that will save your hair forever.