+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I looked up the side effects the other day and noticed Cordran SP has the awful side effect of excessive hair growth!
    k
    Here is what one Website says:
    "Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: stretch marks, skin thinning/discoloration, acne, excessive hair growth, hair bumps (folliculitis)."

Hair growth, a "serious" side effect?

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiejames View Post
    I read somewhere that your future hairline is more from your mothers side not your fathers side. A lot of people just assume you inherit it from your Dad because he's going to have hair loss and your mum probably won't.
    That's an old wives tale, you inherit mpb for both parents. It is thought to be an autosomal dominant trait

For the record, it would be a lot easier to figure out what's best for you to do (or to do in the future when you're older?) if you showed a picture of your hair

At some point, every guy should experience some loss in the temples which is normal for a 'mature' hairline.

As another 17 year old who's dealing with this shit there are 3 things you can do:

1. Not give a **** and let your hair fall out (which isn't an option for me)

2. cry and moan about a really shitty situation while not doing anything about it (which is what I did for almost a year)

3. OR you could quit bitching about something that you actually can control and start treating your hairloss.

I wish i started treatment straight away. I have been dermarolling and using Minoxidil now for over 6 months and have seen AMAZING regrowth around my hairline, like, the new hairs dont grow very long but they have without a doubt started growing back and will most likely just get thicker because of the minoxidil. I'm going to start with Finasteride sometime in the coming months aswell

I'm 18 and I started losing hair at 16.

Stay away from Rogaine, don't go down that route.

Keep watching your hair and if it becomes obvious you have lost any at all, get a prescription for Finasteride.

Disregard the side-effects, as studies consistently prove that only 2% suffer reversible side-effects.

I went on Finasteride 6 months ago when I was your age. I don't know if I regrew anything, but my hair looks noticeably better. Before taking the medication, my hair actually kept looking worse and worse by the month.

Now that my hair isn't falling out before my eyes, I've had the freedom to live my life without many worries. I have lots of sex.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    I'm 18 and I started losing hair at 16.

Keep watching your hair and if it becomes obvious you have lost any at all, get a prescription for Finasteride.

Disregard the side-effects, as studies consistently prove that only 2% suffer reversible side-effects.

I went on Finasteride 6 months ago when I was your age. I don't know if I regrew anything, but my hair looks noticeably better. Before taking the medication, my hair actually kept looking worse and worse by the month.

Now that my hair isn't falling out before my eyes, I've had the freedom to live my life without many worries. I have lots of sex.
    Why don't you recommend minoxidil? I use it, but at my stage of hair loss I had to throw the kitchen sink at it. As far as your having lots of sex comment, pics or it isn't happening. Just joking, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by capitan View Post
    I don't really understand this comment at all, unless you mean it's annoying to apply it?

The only issue I have with minoxidil is that it is a bit greasy. As far as applying, it literally takes only 3 - 4 minutes, and that is including the time to wash my hands afterward. As long as you are using the dropper and rubbing it in after you place a few drops, then you will be fine. The only way I could see it being a mess is if you are just pouring it on your head from the bottle.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    The only issue I have with minoxidil is that it is a bit greasy. As far as applying, it literally takes only 3 - 4 minutes, and that is including the time to wash my hands afterward. As long as you are using the dropper and rubbing it in after you place a few drops, then you will be fine. The only way I could see it being a mess is if you are just pouring it on your head from the bottle.
    I have not noticed any greasy issue with Rogaine foam. I believe that some minoxidil formulations contain propylene glycol. They put that stuff in car radiator anti-freeze and I would definitely avoid rubbing that in my scalp.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Yeah the foam is definitely not greasy like the liquid. Dries much faster. For some reason I just think the liquid works better because I can see it. The foam dries so damn fast, sometimes I don't know if I am using enough for it to be effective.