+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default concealer and hats post fue

IM currently two days out from a 2500 fue and im going well out of my mind with boredom sitting in my house by myself.

Any one offer me any advice as to when i can go out the house for extended periods with a cap or woolly hat on even if its just to go on a walk for an hour or so?

Also at what point is it safe to use concealers? All my head was shaved down to 0 the day of the procedure so i imagine it will be a couple of weeks before its long enough to use but any time frame i would appreciate

Joely,

Congratulations on your recent surgery.

Yes you can go out the house with a hat for a couple of hours just make sure the hat is clean. Some fresh air will do you good at least and to stretch the legs. As for concealers you should refer to your surgeon as all clinics have different post op instructions. It is important to follow your clinics instructions if there is a problem with growth in the future you want to be able to say you followed the post op instructions to the letter.

As you mention though it will be several weeks before the hair is long enough is you have been shaved all over for concealers to be able to provide any benefit.

Good healing and growth to you.

Thankyouu Garageland,

How long before I can start using aloe vera and sitilled witch oil to reduce redness?

You can use aloe vera gel around 10 days post op best to use that as distilled witch hazel is too strong post op.

Thank you for the advice sir

Looks like we're in the same boat, I've just had day 1 of my 2 day procedure and am currently sitting at home feeling like I'm watching paint dry.

Should've bought a PS4 to help pass the time!

You know I have read countless posts from patients going through the post-op dull drums. It's like "hurry up and wait!" And I know the feeling having been through four procedures myself.

Yet many of us have spent countless days researching the dynamics of the procedure, carefully researching surgeons, and on and on.

All I can say is that the wait is worth it. The body will repair itself and thank goodness that does not take months on end.

I like wooly hats because they allow the scalp to breathe. Just be sure to keep your scalp covered while outside in the sun because spring is now here and summer fast approaching where the UV rays are intense.

Got to protect those precious grafts...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Gilenator,

Thank you for your post, Im just six days out now and have been able to wash my hair normally for the first time since the procedure and id say 80% of the scabs have come off in the shower and it looks so much better.

I must admit I am more of a woolley hat wearer than caps but im not mssivley fond of either unless its keeping my head warm,

Would you recommend a wolley hat 6 days out of surgery?

I can't remember exactly where I read it but I'm fairly certain day 9 the follicles are 'locked on' and won't be going anywhere no matter what you have on your head! I'll be embracing the beany hats for quiet a while after mine in 2 weeks! .. Thank god it is still mild weather and not the middle of July!!

Joely, You will be fine 6 days post op to wear a wooley hat just make sure it is washed and clean.