+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regience Japan

Default Regience Japan

So Regience are in preclinical research
    they collaborate with Fujiwara from riken center,Koutaro Yoshimura from tokyo Univ, and with Daisuke Tsuruta , Kouji Sugawara, Katsutoshi Yoshizato from Osaka Univ

"In August 2014, Regience made an agreement for collaboration research with Professor, Daisuke Tsuruta and visiting Professor, Katsutoshi Yoshizato in Department of Dermatology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, to develop regenerative medicine products for the treatment of alopecia and promotion of hair growth."

This last Katsutoshi Yoshizato is involved in this 2015 study:

Enhanced restoration of in situ-damaged hairs by intradermal transplantation of trichogenous dermal cells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25689375

"The present study suggests that conditions causing in situ-damaged HFs, such as androgenic alopecia, in which HFs are damaged and miniaturized, can be restored by functional trichogenous dermal cell transplantation therapy"

they tried DSC alone, DP alone, and the combo DP/DSC, the last being the most effective at restoring damage follicle

Remember that as it's in japan, Regience just need a big phase 1 (1/2 years) or 2 little phases 1 and 2, to have the conditionnal approval and start making some money

So they could be in real competition with Sisheido in term of timeline, and even if Sisheido comes first, Regience could proposed then an even better protocol or another approach with a combo DP/DSC, or any other things that could enhanced the treatment from the work of Fujiwara, Yoshimura, Yoshizato,etc

the team of researchers they are collaborating to built a protocol treatment, are an all stars team regarding dermatology and hair follicle lol they will come out with somehting powerful for sure, let's just hope it will be ready ASAP and that soon we hear about a trial

Nice find lacazette.. Im surprised your not starting to conduct your own hair research with the amount of reading and findings your report here..
    At least at the very least this is further evidence that the rch01 technology is somewhat effective albeit less effective considering it doesnt have dp cells, but it is still effective which is all that matters to me! Hopefully shiseidos collaboration significantly improves the technology or regience blows em out of the water

it's encouraging to know there are more and more researches out there with serious attempts to cure baldness. it's hard to imagine that we won't have anything in the next 5 years. i'm a strong believer that in 5 years the cure will be found, at least as proof of concept. then it only depends on annoying trials, but japan's laws changed the game a lot.

I think there's a 50/50 chance of a superior treatment coming out by 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    it's encouraging to know there are more and more researches out there with serious attempts to cure baldness. it's hard to imagine that we won't have anything in the next 5 years. i'm a strong believer that in 5 years the cure will be found, at least as proof of concept. then it only depends on annoying trials, but japan's laws changed the game a lot.
    guys no offense but i just dont understand how you are actually surprised by these serious attempts to cure baldness...
    if you are business man or at least did some economy lessons in bachelors you would understand the magnitude of curing baldness. it is billions we are talking here.
    I swear to god I will pay up to 90grand if you make me NW0 without sides without taking any further drugs.
    and i know many of my friends would give the same lumpsum.. how can we make ourselves more clear?

come on guys seriously.. do not underestimate the market value for curing baldness....

actually this post is coming from joachim lurking on this forum for quite sometime. jeez

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post

In 5 years you're going to be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShookOnes View Post
    In 5 years you're going to be very disappointed.
    There is way more players, news, info and trials than ever before. In my time on this forum I've seen a lot of things come and go but the times are clearly changing.

i'm not optimistic or pessimistic, i skip speculation and just look at the news on forums. I always find optimism trolls and pessimism trolls they both share not being scientist in common. or quoting their dr. or some spammy HT clinic etc. i'm starting to doubt both sides now. but what wakes you up in the morning to get on hair loss forums are you really that unoccupied that you find yourself expecting something in 20 years? I'm psyched about virtual reality but i wasn't on blogs in 1995 telling everyone how premature their excitement was.

Regience will clearly be the strongest competitor for Shiseido at near term, maybe even his assassin

July2015
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=fr

Japan is working hard on regenerative medicine. The development of cell and tissue regeneration is one of the pillars of the Growth Strategy in Japan and the government is pushing projects to improve competitiveness of this growing industry. The legislation for pharmaceutical and medical device was revised last fall to enable shorten the approval processes for commercialization. A new Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED, 1) was also established in April 2015 for better crossovers between relevant ministries and strengthen support system of network in the development process. Benefiting from these movements, major pharmaceutical companies and other industries, such as Fujifilm and Nikon are actively investing and collaborating with overseas companies. In June 2015, the ten key companies formed a task force to establish a regenerative médicine development center and are inviting biotech companies from overseas

The regenerative medicine is a pillar of growth strategy in Japan and the government is pushing projects in the development of new drugs and technology to improve competitiveness of this growing industry. The revision of pharmaceutical and medical device law enforced last November and a new approval system was established for priority review and approval for innovative products. As the regenerative medicine receives high expectations for practical application, the new system will shorten the approval for commercialization as little as three to four years including development after meeting the safety requirements which shortened by approximately six years compared to decades ago. This revision of the law created a separate regulatory pathway for medical devices and could lead less complex approval procedures for some foreign manufacturers.

In addition to major pharmaceutical and medical device companies, other industries and venture businesses are entering the market. Japanese companies have been aggressively taking over foreign companies. For example, Fujifilm acquired U.S. based developer and manufacturer, of fully functioning human cells in industrial quantities to precise specifications, Cellular Dynamics International, Inc. in March 15. Nikon and Lonza of Switzerland agreed to collaborate for cell and gene therapy manufacturing in Japan in May 2015. Olympus and Mitsubishi Chemical HD also established regenerative medicine units within the organization to expand the opportunities

Regenerative Medicine Industrialization Task Force (RMIT) announced its plan of ten companies from Japan and abroad to establish a regenerative medicine development center in Kawasaki city in 2017. They are inviting overseas biotech companies to join and collaborate, to pool the technologies and provide regenerative medicine treatments using cultured cells, in order to lead the development and commercialization of regenerative medicine.

The ten companies are; Fujifilm, Astellas Pharma, Janssen Pharma, Regience, Rohto Pharmaceutical, Cell Seed, Wako Pure Chemical, Takara Bio,Tella, MediNet (4). The major areas of the development are cell processing and culturing, cell sheet, material, equipment, reagent and pharmaceutical. The taskforce was established within the Forum for Innovative Regenerative Medicine (FIRM, 5) in Japan which has over 150 member companies.

Taking the advantage of these movements in Japan, the plan of the taskforce companies is to actively promote regenerative medicine technologies to overseas from Japan. The development center will be built in the special economic zone in Kawasaki, “Keihin life innovation international strategic zone” in neighboring city of Tokyo (6). The life innovation international center will open in Spring 2016

The global market for regenerative medicine estimated by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), amounts to an annual 100 billion yen ($811 million), and expects to grow rapidly to 1 trillion yen in 2020, and 12 trillion yen in 2030

Quote Originally Posted by brocktherock View Post
    There is way more players, news, info and trials than ever before. In my time on this forum I've seen a lot of things come and go but the times are clearly changing.
    Except he's talking about a proof of concept of a cure in 5? Thats insane. More like a business plan for another company trying to find a cure...