+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 34- 2 HT's, looking for scar repair for short hair

I'm 34, had my first HT at 22 and my second at 25. I went in EXTREMELY uneducated and just wanted the quickest, most permanent fix I could get. When the say permanent, they mean it. Luckily I only have one scar and it's not horrible. My hair is still thinning and instead of going through all of this again, I feel I'm ready to buzz it short and live with my hair loss. Only problem... The "stupidity scar." I've read some posts and am interested in obatianing the best way to fix my scar. FUE seems to sound like the best technology but I don't know much about it and I'm afraid of what it will look like when I'm 50. I'm hoping for suggestions and to meet some people possibly going through the same thing. I'm ready to begin living life without grabbing the ball cap, staying away from water and loathing social events where I can't wear a hat. Pleased to meet you friends!

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Well you have come to the right place. Sorry to hear about your experiences.

Search on FUE and scar repair, there is a lot of info here. FUE in scars is a bit unpredictable, but in the right hands you should be able to cut it down to a clipper 2-3, but you need to have realistic expectations.

This time spend months to educate yourself - 90% of the info here is good and most of the people want you well. But spend months and when you think you got it figured out, post your plans and let people "shoot" at it, listen and read also between the lines.

Good Doc names that comes to mind for FUE repair in scars, but there are probably a few more, but do your research:
    Dr Feller, Dr Lindsey, Dr Bisanga, Dr Cole, Dr Feriduni (the only one I have had work done with - classic FUE HT)

Here are some examples:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...highlight=scar

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...highlight=scar

There are plenty more examples if you spend time searching.
    Take your time and good luck.
    Cheers

@ Ron Solo, did you fix the scar? I think Fue would be best, but go to a top notch fue doc.
    @Still searching what is your opinion of Feriduni? I like his scar repair case http://www.*********************.com...=2968&DrID=437 and want the same done for me and thankfully my scar is half the width and length of this guys scar, but still want it invisible. Anyway what is up with Feriduni and did he have any scar repair cases for you to see at his office that are not on the net? Just want to graft into this scar and move on thanks buddy.

Personally I think Feriduni is a top Doc, he is very ethically and systematic in his approach. You feel like you are talking to a scientist who knows his stuff and at same time is aware of the feelings surrounding hair loss.

I would go to him for sure - at least for an opinion.

He has showcases for scar repair but as I was a virgin scalp and looking for FUE in the hairline I did not look at these.

Good luck.

"He has showcases for scar repair but as I was a virgin scalp and looking for FUE in the hairline I did not look at these."

Darn, thanks for the reply though brotha. Has anyone done FUE into a small strip scar by Feriduni? Has anyone done FUE into a small strip scar from Bisanga? Thanks

@Still searching, do you think a 1mm wide scar can be repaired after a couple session to let the scarred person in question wear his hair to a grade 1 like a little better than here

Stevie,
    I am no expert on scar repair. Pictures tells more than a thousand words, and even in the hands of a top doc:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6529

You can still see the shadow of a linear scar, but then again the improvement is obvious.

Wish you good luck. Please do not jump into anything.

@Still researching, I don't think anyone would notice that and it is a very low grade, seems just tattoo or just FUE won't give perfect results but also his scar is bigger than mine and longer...but the longer hair pic looks great. Also he only did one session...It always looks worst on the side of the head for some reason...well thanks man, but I have been researching for awhile so I think I will be okay. I hope the SMP works well as a combination...thanks for the response though man.

What do you guys think of the scar at 1:39? I mean I don't think the whole head looks great (yet Umar was given a mess) but what about the scar? I think the placement of the scar was perfect to look like a bump, perhaps one more pass...But I think this is another ray of hope out there for guys with scars, and his scar was substantial.