+ Reply to Thread

Default Arsene Wenger warning his players about hair loss products

I thought this was a pretty cool snip it from Wenger's most recent interview. He never says the name but I am sure he is talking about fin and its effect on the body in top athletes.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...103145386.html

how accurate is he? I've never heard anything about fin affecting physical performance.

Who is using it? Wilshere maybe but not sure if that's just a high hairline or a receding

Easy for Wenger to say that when the mans in his fifties and has more hair than I did at 18

^ He's 64 and still looks to have a NW0/1.

I don't know how accurate he is but there must be a few players on it as he brought it up himself when discussing Everton. I am sure a decent amount of players would try fin especially when there have been many high profile footballing hair transplants over the past couple years (Rooney, Klopp, Conte, etc...). I am sure these 19-26 yr old stars are more vain than any of us could imagine being so I am sure hair loss is not something they would stand by and do nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by DifferentLine View Post
    ^ He's 64 and still looks to have a NW0/1.
    Fame, money and probably a long list of women hes been with in his time and still a world class head of hair, this man has genuinely had it all for life, Soome people get all the uck

I wouldnt be at all suprised if fin had some effect not understood completely yet, on physical performance. Its the most powerful male hormone your changing I dont think its that big a leap to say it might play unknown roles.

Muscle Mass Gain From Testosterone Not Affected by 5α-Reductase Inhibitor

"[T]he inhibition of testosterone's conversion to DHT by dutasteride had no significant effect on the ability of testosterone to exert its effects on muscle mass and strength, sexual function, erythropoiesis, plasma lipid levels, prostate volume, and sebum production," write the authors. "Instead, over the range of testosterone concentrations that were achieved (and which spanned the entire physiological male range and extended well into the subphysiological and supraphysiological range for men), testosterone was able to subserve all androgen-dependent functions that were studied herein, including maintenance of prostate volumes, PSA levels, and sebum production."

They add, "Even under these conditions of suppressed circulating and intraprostatic DHT concentrations induced by a high-dose dutasteride regimen, prostate volumes and PSA levels were maintained by testosterone doses administered in this trial."

"The main clinical message...is that for patients receiving exogenous testosterone, the gain in muscle mass was not affected by concurrent 5α-reductase inhibition," writes Dr. Gruntmanis in the editorial.

Enzymatic Conversions and Anabolic Steroids

3beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3bHSD)

(3bHSD is widely distributed in the body.)

This enzyme, like the esterase enzymes, can work in two directions. It can either convert a steroid that has a keto group on position 3 of the steroid (Figure 3, the left molecule) to one with a hydroxy group in the same position (Figure 3, the molecule on the right) or vice versa. The latter action is seen when androdiol is converted to testosterone by this enzyme. The former is seen when DHT is converted to androstanediol (not androstenediol) in muscle tissue (Figure 4): this is the reason DHT is not an effective anabolic in muscle tissue.)

I had no idea who this guy was until I looked him up, but I always almost lol when I see a guy his age with a NW0/NW1 and little or no signs of thinning. Some people just have better luck when it comes to the genetic lottery.