Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Prestige
    • Sep 2012

Could rogaine make my hair worse?

Finally gonna make the plunge into using rogaine (cant take DHT blockers as my T is already low). Is it possible my hair will end up worse off? I'm not talking about the shed, but overall after the shed, can rogaine make me worse off? Also what concerns me is I read "I had a shed, but then my hair came back thicker". How do you know that you're not just back at baseline and just the shed hair came back?
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Doubt it. I went through a massive shed, but it was all weak, miniaturized hairs I was going to lose anyways.

Rogaine *can* make your hair better though, so it's a little silly to not take a shot at that with the potential repercussion of losing hair you were already going to lose - just a little early.

Comment

• The Prestige
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
      Doubt it. I went through a massive shed, but it was all weak, miniaturized hairs I was going to lose anyways.

Rogaine *can* make your hair better though, so it's a little silly to not take a shot at that with the potential repercussion of losing hair you were already going to lose - just a little early.
      So does your hair look better or worse now?

Comment

• Dan26
        • Jul 2012

If you are a responder it will be great you will buy a lot of time it keeps hairs in anagen phase for much longer

You can run into trouble if you are allergic to minox or any ingrediants in the vehicle and are also not a responder. Scalp irriation can cause shed, alchol vehicle increase pdg2 also...but aslong as your not gettign crazy irriation and in a coupe lmonths u see atleast velus hairs it is a good choice

are you going with liquid or foam?

Comment

• The Prestige
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
          If you are a responder it will be great you will buy a lot of time it keeps hairs in anagen phase for much longer

You can run into trouble if you are allergic to minox or any ingrediants in the vehicle and are also not a responder. Scalp irriation can cause shed, alchol vehicle increase pdg2 also...but aslong as your not gettign crazy irriation and in a coupe lmonths u see atleast velus hairs it is a good choice

are you going with liquid or foam?
          foam

Comment

• Dan26
            • Jul 2012

go for it kiddo

again dont expect nothing miraculous...it will simply slow down your MPB and if your lucky youll get a some thickening/regrowth

Comment

• The Prestige
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
              go for it kiddo

again dont expect nothing miraculous...it will simply slow down your MPB and if your lucky youll get a some thickening/regrowth
              Does rogaine actually make miniaturized hairs thicker?

Comment

• Dan26
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by The Prestige
                Does rogaine actually make miniaturized hairs thicker?
                ya it can..without an AA tho and DHT doing more damage, may be tough

Comment

• macster
                  • Aug 2013

Prestige, I am not sure I understand. You WANT to maintain a low T level?

Finasteride RAISES your testosterone levels and dutasteride raises them even more.

Do you want low t levels for some reason?

Comment

• The Prestige
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by macster
                    Prestige, I am not sure I understand. You WANT to maintain a low T level?

Finasteride RAISES your testosterone levels and dutasteride raises them even more.

Do you want low t levels for some reason?
                    Not at all I'm going on trt.

I'm in the low 200s should be around 700 at my age, the 10-20% from fin would do nothing.

I've talked to derms, hair transplant doctors, endos, an urologists and all agree I must treat the low T and only after a year could I consider dht blockers. I already have all those horrible fin symptoms like ED and low libido.

Comment

Working...