+ Reply to Thread

Default Widow's peak but becoming uncertain

Hi,

I've had a fairly heavy widow's peak all my life, and have always kept my hair super short (30mm tops). Recently decided to try a longer hairstyle. While growing, the widow's peak becomes more obvious because it looks like you're trying to cover it up (which actually works by the way ).

But I'm starting to wonder if this might actually be balding. I haven't noticed any shedding at all, and while there's some thin hairs near the edges, overall my hair isn't thin at all.

Anyway I got completely paranoid and started using propecia a month ago just in case. Could you guys take a look at the photos and give me your opinion on if this is balding? Most days I don't think it is because I've always had a similar hairline, and balding doesn't run in the family, but I guess you all know how it is. Asked my mother and she says it's always been like this, but parents are biased. I'm currently 28 by the way

I'm planning to stop propecia once my hair is longer to see if anything changes, that way i'll know for sure right? But if everyone here says it's obvious MPB then I'll stay on it. I looked at some old photos and 2 years ago I had virtually the same hairline, but the photo's were unclear so it was hard for me to tell. I somehow don't have any older photos that show my hairline.

Here's some pictures:

Side1:
    Side2:
    Front:
    Top:

2 years ago, clearest picture i had

From what I see comparing the photo 2 year ago and the newest photos there might be some receding on the temples (hard to see clearly, because of a different hairstyle).

I think it's a good thing you went on propecia. If you're lucky and the medicine works with you, you'll stabilize your hairloss and keep your hair for the next decades. You can also have a small HT if you feel your temples receding too much.

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Is there any way to be certain if it's actually receding and a true Widow's peak? In the pictures I combed it all back to show where the hairline starts/ends.
    I don't plan on stopping propecia but I would lie to be certain if it's receding. My temples have always been deep, but I don't remember how deep. Never really cared I suppose. I do now though