+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 225 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast

Sold to Aderans.

So true@ mass media lol, and you need the money to afford to look that great - what a great narcissistic empire we have built for the future generations.

Just hope Aderans can come up with something good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oQY...mbedded#at=475

Hey do you think aderans can give you the same density that histogens are saying they can the 57 hairs per cm2. I know aderans says 79% more terminal hairs. I Wonder how much hairs they can give you in one cm2.

@ UK - I really should've asked them how they obtained the WNT's. They told me that the price of the WNT/Noggin treatment was almost 20 grand. That kind of discouraged me, especially since they were unsure of any proven results. But as I said before, if the treatment was proven, it would be more than well worth it for me to spend 20 grand to restore my hair. Also, several medical labs sell WNT proteins. For example: www.stemrd.com

@ lost.hair.lost.youth - There are many problems with FUE. First, a few doctors even admitted to me that FUE does in fact cause scarring, when the hairs are yanked out from their original positions. It may not scar to the extent that FUT does, but scarring is still scarring and I don't want to spend the rest of my life working to cover up a scarred head. Also, I believe FUE only works to cover very small areas of hair loss. I know that Histogen is using WNT's and God bless them for it. I just want something in the interim until HSC is released. I don't want to waste at least 3 more years struggling with thinning hair/baldness.

I wouldn't touch any of those 'products'.

Although Sonic Hedgehog (shh) mutants have shown that there is a requirement for Shh in normal follicular growth, recent studies have suggested that unregulated induction of epithelial Shh target genes promotes the formation of hair follicle tumors through its proliferative influences on hPr-like cells (Figure 3). If Shh target-gene induction is sufficient for the proliferation of hPr-like cells, then expression of Shh target genes should generate ectopic epithelium with follicular differentiation. Consistent with this notion, forced activation of Shh target genes in epithelium induces follicular tumors, the most clinically significant of which are BCCs (skin cancer). These carcinomas are composed of cells that are ultrastructurally and immunophenotypically similar to hPr cells and, thus, are the least differentiated of tumors derived from hair follicles [1,22,23]. Since the first studies that associated mutations in ptc1 with Gorlin Syndrome, an inherited susceptibility to BCC formation, analyses of sporadic BCCs have verified a link between activation of the Shh pathway, target-gene induction and BCC formation [24–26].
    Id firstly wait for approval and then see actual results - lol anyone handing over 20k on no evidence/basis deserves to lose it IMO.

I was reading of some research that was released in March this year (mouse model) where they were able to promote anagen through the shh pathway by using 'Polygonum multiflorum extract' (lol, I know):

Abstract: In Polygonum multiflorum extract treated group, we observed increase in the number and the size of hair follicles that are considered as evidence for anagen phase induction. Immunohistochemical analysis revealed that earlier induction of -catenin and Shh were observed in Polygonum multiflorum extract treated group compared to that in control group.

It is reported that THSG, an active compounds from Polygonum multiflorum, induced melanogenesis in melanocytes (Jiang et al., 2009), which suggested that it might promote hair growth by increasing anagen-phase hair follicles. In order to improve the bioavailability of Polygonum multiflorum extract, we produced Polygonum multiflorum extract after microbial fermentation using strains of Lactobacillus. Therefore, we investigated the hair growth promoting activity of the fermented Polygonum multiflorum extract using 7 week-old C57BL6/N mice which are in the stable telogen phase. The shaved back skins of C57BL6/N were treated with topical application of Polygonum multiflorum extract for 1, 2, 3, and 4 weeks. At 2 weeks, Polygonum multiflorum extract induced hair growth in the telogenic C57BL/6 mice, while neither less visible hair growth was observed in the control group. To further investigate the hair growth promoting effect, we plucked 10 hairs per mouse randomly from the treated area and measured the hair length. The hair length of Polygonum multiflorum extract treated mice was significantly longer than control group. Further, we will compare the hair promoting activity between Polygonum multiflorum water extract and fermented Polygonum multiflorum. If so, we will analyze the active compounds from each extract, which are responsible for the hair promoting activity. Various hormones, growth factors and development-related molecules are involved in hair follicle growth (Boivin et al., 2006; Datta et al., 2009; Stenn and Paus, 2001; Yamazaki et al., 1999). To trigger anagen onset, several activators must be expressed up to a critical threshold concentration. Among them, -catenin and Sonic hedgehog (Shh) expression play key regulators of hair follicular growth and cycling that act as anagen-inducing signaling molecules (Peters et al., 2002; Stenn and Paus, 2001). Induced -catenin expression was observed in the dermal papilla at anagen onset and also detected in the stem cell progeny in the hair matrix throughout anagen phase (Schneider et al., 2009). Shh mainly expressed during anagen phase.

When catagen phase of hair follicles begins, Shh expression ceases and its expression is hard to detect in the telogen hairs (Oro and Higgins, 2003). To elucidate the molecular mechanism of Polygonum multiflorum extract in inducing anagen hair follicles, we examined the expression levels of -catenin and Sonic hedgehog (Shh) in the skin. Immunohistochemical analysis result showed that -catenin and Shh expression were up-regulated in Polygonum multiflorum extract treated group compared to that in control group at 2 weeks. Some studies showed that continuous -catenin signaling is required to maintain hair follicle tumors (Lo Celso et al., 2004). We observed that Shh and -catenin expression levels gradually began to reduce in both groups after 3 week (data not shown), indicating that anagen phase of hair follicles was ceased (Datta et al., 2009). Further experiments are needed to identify active components in fermented Polygonum multiflorum extracts and to determine their mechanisms of action, which might be responsible for the hair promoting activity. In summary, it was reported for the first time that Polygonum multiflorum extract promoted hair growth by inducing anagen in telogenic C57BL6/N mice. In Polygonum multiflorum extract treated group, we observed an increase in the number and the size of hair follicles that is considered as evidence for anagen phase induction. Immunohistochemical analysis revealed that -catenin and Shh were expressed earlier in Polygonum multiflorum extract treated group than that in control group. Taken together, these results suggest that Polygonum multiflorum extract promote hair growth by inducing anagen phase of hair follicles.
    Source: Park, Zhang & Park, 2011. Available here: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...78874111001644

Although it has shown maybe that unregulated manipulation of the Shh pathway can cause cancer, I believe the chance that it can cause cancer is totally overblown. I agree that we shouldn't be experimenting with it ourselves but tumors I believe can only arise if the Shh pathway is hit on constantly. However, if it is transiently regulated, no tumors will occur and the potential for new hair growth is very real.
    I read the article too about polygonum multiflorum but I really don't believe that any of these all-natural herbs and nutraceutical remedies have any real potential to regrow hair or reverse miniaturization. It's chemical proteins like WNT, Noggin, or BMP that possess real potential to regrow hair. I know that Histogen is testing WNT proteins but I will some one would test Noggin or BMP.

I really hope histogen can get 25% of hair every shot.. that would make my life a whole lot better.

Still not sure why everybody talks about the amount of hair grown in pre-clinical safety trials as if it's anything but an indication of its potential. Histogen is going to try every possible way they can to increase that efficacy and the success rate of HSC before release because the amount of hair they grew in pre-clinical trials would never be worth marketing. At least not in my opinion. Too few men would pay a large amount of money to receive scalp injections that will grow cosmetically insignificant amount of hair. Especially if they need to get more than one set of injections. Some may still want it but I doubt it'd be enough of a profit in it to go through with phase III trials if they can't improve the results.

Besides there's no reason only some follicles would answer while others would not, assuming of course that they did indeed grow new hair as they said. I still believe that if they can wake up one follicle they can wake them all up. Just a matter of finding the best method to reach all of the follicles. Same thing with Replicel really. Different approach but the same basic idea applies. If you can bring one follicle back from the dead you can bring them all back.

@Jundam

for one, Its a very high starting point(the preclinical growth data hsc showed) Even if they are only able to duplicate the density results, over a larger area of course, that would definitely be worth bringing to market.

Anyone who thinks 1/4 of natural density that lasts over 2 years(minimum) from a non invasive technique is not worth bringing to market has been drinking too much minoxodil IMO.

Obviously we would like more then 57 new hairs cm/2 but even that number blows anything currently on the market out of the water by miles. this could be marketed so well. It would come with none of the ht stigma and im sure if the price is around 5 thousand that it would easily make it into the preventative market for young guys just noticing the slightest thinning who would rather play it safe and get the injections rather then risk to see where their hair loss might take them.

If I could get 57 new hairs cm/2 tomorrow I would drop out of university and use next years tuition money to pay for it without blinking. that density would make a world of difference on so many guys.