+ Reply to Thread

Default Considering fuht in india

Hi im a female in my late 30 's and have been experiencing hair loss since i was about 23 yrs. Recent blood tests and a local swab has put me in the category of androgenetic alopecia. After my 3 yr old was born i lost even more which i thought would have been from the birth and therefore not permanent. Its not growing back. As i dont go swimming in public anymore and pretty much think of my hair 24 hrs a day ive been seriously considering a transplant. Im not living in an area where there are any viable doctors so ive looked abroad. im currently considering Dr A 's hair clinic in delhi. The doctor has a very good reputation even amongst many american doctors. But naturally everything has to be organised via email and skype video. Does anyone have any advise?
    Also what is this post surgery shock about and could this affect the hairs around the transplanted area possibly resulting in more loss of my current hair?
    Looking forward to some useful advise. Jayne

Hi Jayne,

I don't know where you live but are there no IAHRS doctors closer to you? Here is a link to help you find out:

http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/

What have you done thus far to manage your androgenetic alopecia? Surgery should be your last resort. Here is another link to help you:

http://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/

Shock loss does not always happen but it can happen. Shock loss is more likely to happen to female transplant patients. Transplant surgery should be your last resort after all efforts with non surgical treatments have failed. You also need to know that women are usually not good candidates for transplant surgery. Many unethical doctors will not tell you that and do the surgery anyways without checking to make sure you are a good candidate. So be very carefull.

All my best to you,

Tracy

Hi tracy,
    Thankyou so much for your quick reply. Yes i also agree that surgery shld be my last resort but im almost getting to that stage.

Ok so honestly this is what ive been trying... Firt many years ago rogaine which made me feel very self conscious and i think i only had minimal results. I then started travelling and didnt want to be seen dead with a bottle of this stuff in my bag. Years passed. Ive been concerned about my hair for a long time but its only been in the last three years that ive consciously faced up to it and let my loved one know how it makes me feel.

My skin doctor recommended me rogaine, or the contraceptive pill or this finastrodide (?) stuff which when i looked into all these drugs didnt give me any hope. Actually im pretty much against drugs so ive been going the natural way..... Massage, oils, essential oil mixes of rosemary and lavendar, and now since a week or two castor oil! Physically i dont know if its helping, mentally i feel that at least im trying something. Ive even read about vibrational sound therapy in singapore but havent gotten a response from them. My doctor and i are working via using kinesiology techniques to help eliminate possible triggers or health issues. The latest has shown that my hair and heavy metals - namely mercury , in my system are related in some way.... So we are managing this now. Illl keep you up to date on that one.

Being a long term practitioner and teacher of yoga self acceptance is a big thing to work on but getting past this hair thing seems too big sometimes and i feel im dropping into a kind of depression, which of course i will deal with spiritually rather than with drugs!

This is the first time ive communicated in a forum and it somehow feels good to have taken this step and know im not alone. Im based in innsbruck,austria.
    Thanks for caring. Lv jayne

Hi Jayne,

I understand wanting to avoid medications if possible. Unfortunately it is generally not possible to successfully treat hereditary hair loss without medication. Rogaine works for most women with androgenetic alopecia who use it correctly and stick with it. I did and I grew back a lot of hair with it. The key is to determine the cause of your hair loss. If it is androgenetic alopecia, Rogaine is probably right for you. If your hair loss is being caused by something else, it might not be right for you. I wouldn't worry about being seen with it in your bag. There are more women dealing with hereditary hair loss than you may realize.

Please do read the information available to you from the American Hair Loss Association. It's good information that can help you help yourself.

All my best to you,

Tracy