+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Follica

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    Ooh, I like that.
    Purely baseless speculation on my part there, and probably a 'too good to be true' outcome in reality, but if events transpire that way... a whole lot of things that happened over the last year or so would suddenly make sense.

Keep emotions in check guys, stay cautiously optimistic.

I agree.. stay cautiously optimistic. I'll believe it when I can comb it.

between this and niagam/mwamba, there's some genuine hope for the near future, maybe not next year, but 2-3

Quote Originally Posted by mnhair View Post
    between this and niagam/mwamba, there's some genuine hope for the near future, maybe not next year, but 2-3
    Yeah, it seems like circa 2015-2016 there'll be some new things coming to fruition, particularly in Asia, but possibly even in the USA with follica and donor doubling.

I think the first generations of these treatments will be far from perfect though, and won't take a Norwood 7 to a Norwood 1 and look totally normal. I would expect later iterations to be capable of that though.

It's great if you're less than Norwood 3 right now and on fin, these treatments could get you a juvenile hairline and fill in any gaps without look weird at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    Yeah, it seems like circa 2015-2016 there'll be some new things coming to fruition, particularly in Asia, but possibly even in the USA with follica and donor doubling.

I think the first generations of these treatments will be far from perfect though, and won't take a Norwood 7 to a Norwood 1 and look totally normal. I would expect later iterations to be capable of that though.

It's great if you're less than Norwood 3 right now and on fin, these treatments could get you a juvenile hairline and fill in any gaps without look weird at all.
    That's if you can tolerate fin or if you choose to take it in the first place. Not everybody is willing to take that garbage.

We need these future treatments to come sooner than later. Hormone effecting drug shouldn't be our best solution at this point. It's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Hormone effecting drug shouldn't be our best solution at this point. It's embarrassing.
    I strongly agree, as a fin user.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    That's if you can tolerate fin or if you choose to take it in the first place. Not everybody is willing to take that garbage.

We need these future treatments to come sooner than later. Hormone effecting drug shouldn't be our best solution at this point. It's embarrassing.
    I think it's disgusting how we are encouraged to play with our hormones by HT drs and spencer - they should all be ashamed of themselves.

I told myself the same when I visited some surgeons. And they always talk like finasteride will stop your hair loss forever. All those NW3 on finasteride that have had a HT, they will lose their hair behind the transplanted area at a point. If finasteride stopped hair loss forever, that's it, we would already have a "cure".

My GP and my dermatologist were against using finasteride from the beginning. I'm still thankful they didn't prescribe it to me.

Unfortunately fin is all we have at the moment that is proven to work. I would prefer not to take it too. But would rather keep my hair. I regret not taking it a year or so earlier as i was in denial instead of getting a transplant. Transplanted hairs are just not natural in the hairline.

I hope some of you guys who have not tried fin dont come to regret not trying to keep what hair you have.

Hurry up Follica we need a new treatment. That works....