+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr. Shapiro

Default Dr. Shapiro

Is Dr Lawrence Shapiro an IAHRS member or am I mixing him up with someone else? He practices in South Florida and I thought I stumbled on his name through this site. I'm now doing more homework and can't find anything about him on this site now. I was just about ready to give a deposit and if I did not check again I could have made a big mistake.

thanks again,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richardd1972 View Post
    Is Dr Lawrence Shapiro an IAHRS member or am I mixing him up with someone else? He practices in South Florida and I thought I stumbled on his name through this site. I'm now doing more homework and can't find anything about him on this site now. I was just about ready to give a deposit and if I did not check again I could have made a big mistake.

thanks again,

Richard
    No he’s not an IAHRS member. You can go to www.iahrs.org to see which doctors are members.

Probably thinking of Ron Shapiro.

Trust me guys, Dr. Ron Shapiro of MPLS and Dr. Lawrence Shapiro in South Florida are two entirely different surgeons.

Dr. Ron Shapiro is the acclaimed one!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Yes, L Shapiro is also known for his Help Hair shake. He claims whey protein concentrate with vitamins will help you make your hair thicker and fuller while whey protein isolate will actually make you lose hair. Anyone with any knowledge of nutrition would tell you this is a complete crock of shit. The difference between the isolate and the concentrate is negligible with the isolate having most of the fat and lactose removed. Both products were considered waste at one time and cheese making operations would to have to pay to have it hauled away. Someone figured out if they dried it and put it in a can with a little marketing people would actually believe they were buying something that somehow was going to transform their body into some type of super muscle building machine and give them glowing health. This guy has taken it a step further, added some vitamins and has people believing they will somehow be growing more hair or growing it faster.

The only dairy product that has an ounce of health promoting qualities is raw milk. But most people don’t have the balls to drink it because the marketing over the years has been so intense and thorough that they actually believe it’s dangerous. When the fact is the milk that they are drinking is loaded with pus, feces, growth hormone and antibiotics, but if you heat it up high enough and then ultra pasteurize it so it has a shelf life of several months the public will somehow will believe that it is actually something good for them because some guy on TV says so.

This is why marketing is such an important subject to thoroughly understand when researching hair transplants, along with many other subjects. Over time you begin to understand how it’s all connected.

Stay away from the PT Barnum’s of the hair transplant industry.