+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Benis23 View Post
    For the guys who are on the .25 mg twice a week regimen - what is the best way to get finasteride into such a small dose? Are you buying the 5 mg pills and then splitting them with a pill splitter? Or buying the 1 mg propecia?
    I don't think it is possible to cut a 5mg pill into .25mg? If you plan on only using .25mg two times a week, go with name brand propecia. It may cost you $75 for 30 pills, but if my math is correct it would last about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Benis23 View Post
    For the guys who are on the .25 mg twice a week regimen - what is the best way to get finasteride into such a small dose? Are you buying the 5 mg pills and then splitting them with a pill splitter? Or buying the 1 mg propecia?
    I am buying generic 1mg and then using the pill cutter. It is a bit more $$ but at this low of a dose , it is not that big of a deal.

Desmond, this is the thread I've requested updates, and no reply dude. Sorry if I sound offensive, just pointing out.

What days are you taking it may I ask?

hey there!

even i have the same side effects almost. why do we have the burning sensation after peeing, doesnt make sense. can anything be done to mitigate it. i had this problem initially then it became better now it has returned. i am taking .25 mg daily. when did this burning sensation of yours subsided?

I had a brief stint with 0.25mg fin ED a few years back. It went fine for a week or two, then the sides hit me. No erections, and I think I can relate to the shrinking issue as well. I had an injury at the time, completely unrelated, but I was able to blame my issues off to that towards my sexual partner. She didn't make a big deal out of it, but was kind of baffled anyways. I played it cool but in my head I was pretty concerned. It took a while for my erections to return after I quit, I learned my lesson and swore to never touch that stuff again! I remember asking my first derm for Propecia, and he refused, saying he would have no part in chemically castrating a young man over a few strands of hair. He was more right than I could comprehend at the time..

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfarva View Post
    I had a brief stint with 0.25mg fin ED a few years back. It went fine for a week or two, then the sides hit me. No erections, and I think I can relate to the shrinking issue as well. I had an injury at the time, completely unrelated, but I was able to blame my issues off to that towards my sexual partner. She didn't make a big deal out of it, but was kind of baffled anyways. I played it cool but in my head I was pretty concerned. It took a while for my erections to return after I quit, I learned my lesson and swore to never touch that stuff again! I remember asking my first derm for Propecia, and he refused, saying he would have no part in chemically castrating a young man over a few strands of hair. He was more right than I could comprehend at the time..
    sorry it didnt work for u, try topical AA maybe?

Thumbs up

Hey guys, I'll try and keep an eye on this section of the forum from now on Feel free to post any questions you have.

As far as the burning sensation in your urethra goes, it's a common adverse effect I experienced as well. It's related to finasteride shrinking the prostate. As prostate is in direct contact with your urethra, its shrinkage leads to release of inflammatory cytokine that makes the penis quite sensitive specially when you are passing urine. However, finasteride can only shrink the prostate to a limited size; your prostate then maintains this size and the sides subside. This generally takes 6-12 months. For me, the burning sensation continued for the first 6-7 months. After 6 months it slowly subsided and 12 months later it did not happen ever again.

With regards to dose, I'm taking 0.25mg TWICE A WEEK on Monday & Thursday. I've been on this dose for 2 years now and have maintained my hair at baseline with no more adverse events to report.

It's definitely worth while to try and micro-dose as I did if you're struggling with sides.

We just need to hang in there and maintain the hair we have till CB-03-01 comes to market.

Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys, I'll try and keep an eye on this section of the forum from now on Feel free to post any questions you have.

As far as the burning sensation in your urethra goes, it's a common adverse effect I experienced as well. It's related to finasteride shrinking the prostate. As prostate is in direct contact with your urethra, its shrinkage leads to release of inflammatory cytokine that makes the penis quite sensitive specially when you are passing urine. However, finasteride can only shrink the prostate to a limited size; your prostate then maintains this size and the sides subside. This generally takes 6-12 months. For me, the burning sensation continued for the first 6-7 months. After 6 months it slowly subsided and 12 months later it did not happen ever again.

With regards to dose, I'm taking 0.25mg TWICE A WEEK on Monday & Thursday. I've been on this dose for 2 years now and have maintained my hair at baseline with no more adverse events to report.

It's definitely worth while to try and micro-dose as I did if you're struggling with sides.

We just need to hang in there and maintain the hair we have till CB-03-01 comes to market.

Cheers guys
    Des i love you, no homo lol. Thanks man. i think i ll wait, its much better than the initial month though . btw can you plz elaborate why cb is being touted so much? i mean there are no studies, anecdotal report or at least some before after photos. Thanks!!

Hahahaha thanks man

CB-03-01 is an androgen-receptor blocker. The beauty of it is, it's only active locally where you put it. Once it enters the bloodstream, it breaks down to inactive metabolites and is rapidly excreted, hence no sides. So pretty much, it blocks DHT binding to androgen receptors on our DP cells and sebaceous glands thereby preventing miniturisation.

Cosmo pharmaceuticals did conduct a study and it proved to be more powerful than all our anti-androgens and finasteride! Albeit it was in a small group of patients and they used ionopheresis which will not be possible for a commercial product. Nevertheless, it proved extremely potent and its mode of action is quite sound, hence the big following it gets.

Cheers my man

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hahahaha thanks man

CB-03-01 is an androgen-receptor blocker. The beauty of it is, it's only active locally where you put it. Once it enters the bloodstream, it breaks down to inactive metabolites and is rapidly excreted, hence no sides. So pretty much, it blocks DHT binding to androgen receptors on our DP cells and sebaceous glands thereby preventing miniturisation.

Cosmo pharmaceuticals did conduct a study and it proved to be more powerful than all our anti-androgens and finasteride! Albeit it was in a small group of patients and they used ionopheresis which will not be possible for a commercial product. Nevertheless, it proved extremely potent and its mode of action is quite sound, hence the big following it gets.

Cheers my man
    Wrong Desmond, RU58841 favours a stronger binding to the AR than CB-03-01 . Albeit not much, it does. I checked into ic50 values too, anyways here a quick summary;

CB-03-01 is approximately as active as cyproterone acetate (CAS 427-51-0)
    When compared with the antiandrogenic compound cyproterone acetate, PSK-3841 (RU58841) exhibited a 20% increase in androgen receptor binding.
    CB-03-01 won't be any better than dutasteride or RU58841 really in terms of effectiveness. The thing what is good about it is the devoid of systematic side effects (theoretically at least). Prevention is the best thing to do with androgenetic alopecia and it will be a good option for everyone cause all the other treatments do carry a side effect risk.