+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 210 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

This looks years away from anything good happening.....

Looks too good to be true to me, I can't imagine that creating a full head of hair with a few injections. The existing hair will continue to fall out anyway and you'd have to come back for more, just like a transplant.

The other thing that I don't get is....wouldn't DHT still exist therefore making any new hairs fall out or do they take the cells from the longer lasting hairs at the back of the head which creates DHT resistant hair on top/front of the head. I guess so.

1. Why did I have to go bald.

2. Why did I have to go bald 5-10 years too early...there will probably be some sort of cure by then but I'll be too old by then.

Inactive

There is only one thing right now which i am concerned about and this is the money thing

I dont wanna rattle some bushes here, but i personally think in at lest three years, being bald will be seen as a poor mens "desease"

because not everyone will get their hands on those treatments-

That those treatments will stop hairloss and generate you a head of hair with around 80% of your native density, should be clear even from early numbers, but the price tag is not final and this can be a real downer

I don't think I will invest my savings in a house for a while yet. As long as its not over £20,000 and it 100% works then great. But I think we may be getting over optimistic, who knows what will happen. Just hurry up please!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    This looks years away from anything good happening.....

Looks too good to be true to me, I can't imagine that creating a full head of hair with a few injections. The existing hair will continue to fall out anyway and you'd have to come back for more, just like a transplant.

The other thing that I don't get is....wouldn't DHT still exist therefore making any new hairs fall out or do they take the cells from the longer lasting hairs at the back of the head which creates DHT resistant hair on top/front of the head. I guess so.

1. Why did I have to go bald.

2. Why did I have to go bald 5-10 years too early...there will probably be some sort of cure by then but I'll be too old by then.
    , you need to listen to the interview or visit the replicel website or get informed or something.

1. You will only need a certain number of follow-ups within a small time frame depending on the efficacy it has on you and how severe your hair loss is.

2. The existing hair wont continue to fall out because the hairs that are programmed to fall out (have DHT receptors) will be rejuvinated/mitose with the dermal sheath cup cells of resistant hairs from the back of the head that never fall out, so it will let you keep your existing hair.

3. Im guessing with a combination of hair transplants and replicel or histogen or aderans or whatever is best at the time, you will be able to achieve a full head of hair again.

Its good to be optimistic, because newcomers of a young age on this forum reading depressing pessimists poking holes where there are none really can make things alot more daunting, the fact is there isnt any reason to be depressed at all, its not just 1 company, its many multi-million dollar companies focusing on a common goal and if your at the early stages of losing your hair, great ! it will be out in good time. If you've already lost alot of your hair, you've probably figured out how to live with it and can hold on a couple more years.

I feel like ultimately hair loss is what you make of it, just chillout, relax and enjoy your life however you can because life is not all about hair and look to some of your bald role-models to help you get through it all if it starts to get tough .

Default 2015

We expect to release results from this trial in April 2012.* Data from this clinical trial will be used for the development of a Phase IIb dose-ranging trial which is expected to commence in the fall of 2012 in Europe and/or North America.* We do not anticipate having a commercial product sooner than 2015.* Regulations established for the development and marketing of cell-based medicinal products are in place to ensure that all products that are made available to the public are first and foremost, safe and also efficacious; that is, they are able to have the intended clinical effect.* In order for products such as RepliCel to adhere to these regulations, clinical trials must be conducted to determine the effects products will have when administered to humans. RepliCel’s present clinical trial is designed to provide the company with safety data as well as some indication of efficacy.* If successful, this trial will be followed by larger clinical trials to establish an ideal cell dosing.* A commercial product may be available after those trials are finished.

Exactly, the shit works Im sure. But people will get depressed when they see like 20% increase or 10% increase, WHO THE **** CARES, this hairs will never fall and they still have PHASE II to try it out the best dosing for the most effective treatment.

Phase I = NOBODY dies + some hairs on top of your scalp.

As for money, I'd got like 40k saved up and by 2015 im pretty sure i'll have 80k.

Shit i'll sell my house, car, wife,nintendos, liver (As If i had any of those things) but I'll have a long hippie hair like the PROPHETS son !!!

So Remember guys PHASE 1 = SOME HAIRS ON THE SCALP + NOBODY DYING at least in those 6 months = GOOD THINGS to COME.

dont expect a full head of hair in april or a significant amount...that would be 2013.

but im sure they are kind of testing the dosing too but not completely...just keeping it low. I mean don't you think they already put that stuff on ONE person before? Like a mad bald head scientist?

After April you better start saving money guys...I'm telling you this is the real deal...histogen will take a LONG time they still have to fix that stuff. If this works on april, its all about dosing and nobody dying.
    Last edited by Maradona; 01-09-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: ;-0

Default Let's just pray on some topical

Lets pray some topical comes out before then that grows hair

I like the optimism and I think if this even just puts a halt to hairloss permanently it would be great. Substantial regrowth is the aim and I just hope they get significant results from phase 1 because it's important to remember here guys that they're going all out here dosing the patients with a order of magnitude or 2 higher than they anticipate will be needed with the final product as they looking to test for safety.

Hopefully they'll confirm that they have something a good bit better than finasteride and minoxidil and perhaps just as importantly, something permanent.

Fingers crossed. Hopefully Replicel publish pictures in April of the results from there current human trials, and that they are very promising then this may push Histogen to get something out earlier even if it just thickens and maintains existing hair.

I'm confused when they say it can grow new hair, and fix existing ones. I thought they found out that a bald head has the same amount of hair just shrunken beyond our view? So shouldn't this just turn on these shrunken hairs, or does it only work on those hairs that are thinning and visible?

If this is the real deal, I'm opening up a savings account just for this.