+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Yeah, and it really sucks when this happens when you're 14 years old...
    That really sucks man, is this happening to you?

Kids at that age can be cruel too. It unusual to get it so young.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    That really sucks man, is this happening to you?

Kids at that age can be cruel too. It unusual to get it so young.
    Hit me just before I turned 18,

by 19 i was a NW2, then 20 i really started to thin out, got on fin, now i've been a thin NW3 for about 2 years, but it's still very slowly losing more and more.

Aggressive loss sucks!!! I need more than fin to help, really hoping we figure out CB soon.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    sorry but I have to challenge this...

if you stop hairloss you are very luck IMO...most will get slowing down to some segree.
    Yes, a lot of people slow it down. A fin Minox combo can have some gains but you hear of people who get less back after inital shed. Its a big gamble with your hair and body

Quote Originally Posted by Cob984 View Post
    Yes man fat gain just gets worse, iv tried RU, CB start/stop and the fat gain will not go, its really quick to hit the body too,

Incredibly frustrating because my libido is totally fine, the world just hates me i guess
    fat and hair or fit and bald
    Been on RU for months and have maintained my weight at 12st. I gym, run and cycle a lot though so maybe thats it.

Weight gain, is it common with all DHT drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Hit me just before I turned 18,

by 19 i was a NW2, then 20 i really started to thin out, got on fin, now i've been a thin NW3 for about 2 years, but it's still very slowly losing more and more.

Aggressive loss sucks!!! I need more than fin to help, really hoping we figure out CB soon.
    I was a NW2 when I was 15, I tried to tell my family that I was losing my hair but they just passed it off as nothing then it really progressed. I'm 17 now and I'm a NW3 going on 4. I hope we figure something out, I'm runnin' outa hope

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    I was a NW2 when I was 15, I tried to tell my family that I was losing my hair but they just passed it off as nothing then it really progressed. I'm 17 now and I'm a NW3 going on 4. I hope we figure something out, I'm runnin' outa hope
    Telling your family or anyone else about your hair loss will get you NOWHERE. Don't expect sympathy either, anyone privileged not to deal with hair loss will always brush it off as no big deal you know first hand as do I when I told my dad; he got angry and basically made me feel worthless for worrying about it.

Why do these people not give sympathy? It's best explained by a quote from the TV show The Big Bang Theory;

There’s an economic concept known as a positional good in which an object is only valued by the possessor because it’s not possessed by others. The term was coined in 1976 by economist Fred Hirsch to replace the more colloquial, but less precise neener-neener.
    So essentially, society's humiliation of hair loss sufferers is a subconscious effort to further the divide of those privileged with hair and those without in order to give themselves the higher social standing.

They wouldn't know their own satisfaction without someone else's downfall. They *NEED* bald men/women to feel better about themselves.

That said, I never touch the subject of hair loss... nobody cares, and thats evidenced by the fact that there is no cure and any treatment that is in the works is at an embarrassingly slow pace.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Telling your family or anyone else about your hair loss will get you NOWHERE. Don't expect sympathy either, anyone privileged not to deal with hair loss will always brush it off as no big deal you know first hand as do I when I told my dad; he got angry and basically made me feel worthless for worrying about it.

Why do these people not give sympathy? It's best explained by a quote from the TV show The Big Bang Theory;

So essentially, society's humiliation of hair loss sufferers is a subconscious effort to further the divide of those privileged with hair and those without in order to give themselves the higher social standing.

They wouldn't know their own satisfaction without someone else's downfall. They *NEED* bald men/women to feel better about themselves.

That said, I never touch the subject of hair loss... nobody cares, and thats evidenced by the fact that there is no cure and any treatment that is in the works is at an embarrassingly slow pace.
    I think that's quite a misanthropic view of things, from my point of view people project their own experiences and view point when they try and understand anothers. To them hair loss is no big deal because they have not experienced it and lack the empathy to see things from another perspective without projecting their own thoughts upon it.

I have a friend whose upper body is covered in keloid scars he doesn't take his shirt off in front of others and at times I catch my self forgetting what the big deal is about then I remember to take things from his point of view alone and its becomes completely understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by huawei View Post
    I think that's quite a misanthropic view of things, from my point of view people project their own experiences and view point when they try and understand anothers. To them hair loss is no big deal because they have not experienced it and lack the empathy to see things from another perspective without projecting their own thoughts upon it.

I have a friend whose upper body is covered in keloid scars he doesn't take his shirt off in front of others and at times I catch my self forgetting what the big deal is about then I remember to take things from his point of view alone and its becomes completely understandable.
    This is because you've already been exposed to a condition that is also aesthetically crippling to your image by social standards. You can relate to him on some level. Anyone else and they wouldn't give a damn. But I guarantee this, your baldness will be accepted for ridicule while your friends keloid scars will get sympathy.

Baldness is the ONLY condition I can think of that society thinks is acceptable to ridicule and ONLY if its a guy thats experiencing hair loss. Women get a pass.

40% of men experience noticeable hairloss by age 35. how many guys are too short, not attractive enough, and the list goes on and on. girls dont get ridiculed because their overweight?

Its very obvious you're all about a big pity party and that's fine. But I dont think any of us accepted the invite man. Stop acting like a 5 year old. yeah this sucks but whining and making pathetic comments like poor us no one cares enough to cure us is just ridiculous.

You act like Lauster has the cure in his jean jacket pocket but wont give it to us because hes a meanie. Im 100% cool if people need to come on here occasionally and vent just to get it off their chest or for their own sanity but its all you ever do now.

and are you f ing kidding me with that comment about women not having a hard time with HL? Maybe they wont get made fun of in a TV show or something (yippie) but Im guessing they have it a lot worse then a guy.

@ KUDU. Hang in there man. You might be suffering right now but with any luck a real treatment could be available withing 10 years. Sounds like forever but getting back your hair by 27-30 is a prospect many guys on here would have killed for. Hell, even if it doesn't happen until your 40. Hair completely changes the way you look and feel.

as hard as it is just try and accept your situation, knowing that you might be able to be "cured" at a relatively young age.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    40% of men experience noticeable hairloss by age 35. how many guys are too short, not attractive enough, and the list goes on and on. girls dont get ridiculed because their overweight?
    Oh please, dont even compare weight that can be easily taken care of (diet + burning off calories) to something with zero options. The ridicule for someone with a disgusting diet and poor health habits (lack of exercise of any kind) is completely warranted.

Its very obvious you're all about a big pity party and that's fine. But I dont think any of us accepted the invite man. Stop acting like a 5 year old. yeah this sucks but whining and making pathetic comments like poor us no one cares enough to cure us is just ridiculous.

You act like Lauster has the cure in his jean jacket pocket but wont give it to us because hes a meanie. Im 100% cool if people need to come on here occasionally and vent just to get it off their chest or for their own sanity but its all you ever do now.
    Oh yeah, me calling out society for being sh*theads is really a plea for pity... from other balding guys. Dafuq?

and are you f ing kidding me with that comment about women not having a hard time with HL? Maybe they wont get made fun of in a TV show or something (yippie) but Im guessing they have it a lot worse then a guy.
    Yeah, they do get a pass. You'd have to be incredibly in denial to say that women get humiliated as much as men do over baldness. Using a TV show crap is just as ridiculous of an argument as suggesting that throwing in the towel and shaving it off is fine because celebrities do it and they look good... yeah, as if were celebrities..... or as if all forms of humiliation are on TV. Either youre a hermit and never dealt with the real world or you really are that naive to think women have it as bad when it comes to 'hair loss shaming'. Yeah, they could feel worse (i didnt say that, so dont cram words into my mouth that I didnt say) but public perception and ridicule is pretty damn obvious of which sex gets it worse. Just go into ***'s forum and see how some of the guys there get treated by FAMILY members... being called a sphynx? You think women get that kind of disgusting treatment to their face? No, its not acceptable... but men are told to toughen up, grow a pair and let society hurl all kinds of insults at you. God damn if you dont see this there's no hope for you being realistic about the disparity.

CAlex I'm sure your heart is in a good place, but lets deal with reality here....