Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Default sounds like a shill plant to me......

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzleme View Post
    Micropigmentation should be looked at as an option depending on the amount of area you want to cover. You need to find a technician like Athena Karsant who has offices in SF Francisco and Beverly Hills. A majority of her business comes from doctors who respect her technical and artistic work. She does fabulous paramedical tattoo and works with her clients over a year contract to develop the look her clients are striving for.

Anyone that claims they can do your tattoo in one visit with a follow-up the following day is WRONG! Follow up visits need to occur 3-6 weeks after a procedure to allow any swelling to subside, and to allow for healing time to understand how a particular person reacts to the pigment. (Absorption and color matching will vary depending on body chemistry, etc...) Anyone promising a quick fix is wrong. It's semi-permanent and will require touchups from time to time over the years.
    You sound like a salesperson (shill) for this Athena Karsant person, or maybe you are her?????? I have been looking into this to, and that lady uses permanent cosmetic ink that disappears no matter what you do. my mom had eyebrows done the same way and they were gone in a year (and they were blue) from that junk ink......

everyone is trying to do this stuff now, maybe we all should just wait until a later time when we see more.

No I'm not Athena!!! However I know her work and she receives numerous referrals from reknown plasic surgeons and hair transplant Drs for scar camouflague. I posted this because I think people should know that tattoo should be considered as an option. Will it work for everyone? No. But there are some horrible transplants out there as well. No cosmetic tattoo will last forever. Depending on the person's body chemistry, medications they're taking, how much they go in the sun, have skin lazer treatments, or the types of shampoo and skin care products they use. This is why Athena works with clients over a year. She can tweak the color or the depth of the pigment for each client. She is not saying come in and in one or two visits to complete the job...

Yes I'd be skeptical of a technician claiming to replicate a full head of hair with tattoo. However, for a majority of scars or even hair thining, it's an option that should be considered. But just like anything, do research on the technician and make sure they have sound referrals! Good luck.

Dazleme, have you seen the work of Mark Weston of Artistry Concepts?.. he seems to be the go to guy for this procedure and his work appears pretty convincing even on those who barely have hair, with flying colors.. idk Daz, but it feels like ur tryin sell something or you r really tryin to get AC's attention. I do however feel that not everyone is da same. what may look good on one person may not be the case for da next, and u may have a point as far as discoloration. we're all different skin types so who trully knows how ones skin will react in the future.. i still think Mark is da best at this, and so far haven't heard anyone complain.

I'm looked at AC's work and it looks very good as does HIS in the UK. I posted on here because I've had cosmetic tattoo done with Athena, and over my few visits with her have watched her repair scars including hair transplant with very impressive results. I was curious what others were doing and found this site. I thought I'd let people know that there is someone on the West Coast that you might want to check out if you're considering a non surgical solution. This is not a one time process so if you don't want to spend your money to fly to Florida or the UK, there's an option in CA that comes with top Dr, and client recommendations. Good luck.

To Dazz: well it seemed to me as though u hit AC with a lowblow and thought no one saw it.. u mentioned pretty much every guarantee and procedure process that AC stands by and u were totally against it.. now idk for sure if their true to their word but then again no complaints or any statements to the contrary.. you'd think if so, someone wld've put that out there somewhere.. I'm extremely skeptical about this but if i wanted to do this today it'd only be done by AC.. But on a positive note, if ur satisfied with the job u had done then good for u.. now ppl on da westcoast know there's someone out there they can do research on n possibly giv it a shot.

Default I Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Bubb729 View Post
    To Dazz: well it seemed to me as though u hit AC with a lowblow and thought no one saw it.. u mentioned pretty much every guarantee and procedure process that AC stands by and u were totally against it.. now idk for sure if their true to their word but then again no complaints or any statements to the contrary.. you'd think if so, someone wld've put that out there somewhere.. I'm extremely skeptical about this but if i wanted to do this today it'd only be done by AC.. But on a positive note, if ur satisfied with the job u had done then good for u.. now ppl on da westcoast know there's someone out there they can do research on n possibly giv it a shot.
    Funny thing about this Dazz...After I saw her post the other day I decided to contact them as I am also looking into this. Well, Dazz is definitelty a plant for this Athena person, actually an employee. In the response to my email she forgot to remove the forwarding information. That info is as follows and I quote "I bet this came from my posting on the hair forum. Good luck. Ev" So Evelyn, you've been caught as a shill. How about the fact that I asked about the "Athena Technique." You claim it is trademarked, well sweetie, I did a trademark search and guess what, NOTHING. Not surprised. I wonder what else they' re hiding and not being truthful about....I check out businesses in depth as this is what I do for a living. So guys, whoever you do business with make sure you check out and have them substantiate their claims. And this if for any type of business.
    Last edited by HairLarry; 07-15-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: typos

I think if you look through my posts I never made any false claims nor did I discredit any other business out there! I'm not a paid employee of Athena. I was/am a client and given the quality of her work I offered to help her in my spare time...

Several of her clients told her to get involved with these forums and believe it or not, this is the first time we (I) posted. I take it you all don't want technicians to post and just clients??? Got it!

"Larry" - Her webmaster jumped the gun and the TM is being removed. It was an honest oversite... Thanks for bringing it to her attention.

Athena's work speaks for itself as does her referrals. She's happy to meet with anyone for a free consultation.

Default Back to our problem

Alright, now that weve ID'd Dazz the shill, can we get back on track with our balding problems? I personally dont like women coming here and trying to sell their service....this is a mans world here. What could they possibly know about how hair loss really effects us? I thought businesses werent allowed here to pitch their stuff. thanks to HairLarry for doing his homework. I am thinking more and more about this tattoo thing it would sure make my life easier. i probably wont make any commitments until my kids return to school though.

WOW!!.. Dazz - hand in the pot.. ouch

so has anyone tried a using the non-permanent henna for this?