+ Reply to Thread

Default Question for Spencer

Althogh it is down the road, who do you recommend for the Knoxville area. Is there a doctor in the Knoxville area or somewhere close that I can see for my second surgery?

Spencer, I don't mean to answer this question for you, but if you don't mind, I'd love to chime in! :-)

Denver Mint:

I've been a fan of Spencer's radio show "The Bald Truth" for a year now and I have learned alot, and can lend some of what I have learned in an answer to your question. There is an organization (that you may have heard of now that you have found this site) called The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS). The website is www.iahrs.org. This organization is literally a collection of some of the most ethical, skilled, caring, and results-driven state-of-the-art hair transplant surgeons in the world. It's an elite group, with only 40 or 50 members. If you check out the website, you can find IAHRS hair transplant surgeons that are nearest to you.

I read your other post. Glad to hear your Bosley experience went well and I wish you the best outcome.

I wish I could say the same about my Bosley experience back in 2000! But like you, the doctor did not implant a single graft. I only saw him for 45 to 60 minutes throughout the whole 8-hour procedure. In my second surgery with an IAHRS doctor, the doctor implanted 90% or more of the grafts.

TeeJay

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Mint View Post
    Althogh it is down the road, who do you recommend for the Knoxville area. Is there a doctor in the Knoxville area or somewhere close that I can see for my second surgery?
    Hey Denver Mint,

The truth is you might be very happy with the results of your first surgery and if you decide to have a second you might want to stick with the same surgeon.

With that said, we do recommend a really skilled and ethical hair transplant surgeon in Nashville. His name is Jack Fisher, M.D., and he an Associate Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN. You can see Dr. Fisher's IAHRS profile by clicking the link below.

Dr. Fisher's IAHRS Profile
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.