Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVAZBAR
    • Dec 2010

Spencer said he spoke to Dr. Z and will be back on the show in a couple of weeks for a Histogen update. Problem is that Dr. Z is a busy man so things can change.

Comment

• jpm
      • Nov 2011

and the good thing with Histogen is that, unlike replicel, the process can be mass produced. It's just a complex that once the right formulation is worked out, it can be made in bulk. Leading to cheaper prices

Comment

• bigentries
        • Dec 2011

How convenient

Replicel presents bad results and suddenly Histogen is going release more information.

Really good timing considering that everyone know they got at least some success and the expectations are really low at the moment

Comment

• BoSox
          • Jun 2010

I just hope Fin can keep my thinning hair for at least a few more years for Histogen. Looking forward to an update from them, this is great news.

Comment

• jpm
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
            I just hope Fin can keep my thinning hair for at least a few more years for Histogen. Looking forward to an update from them, this is great news.
            Fin should do that. No worries there!

Comment

• kaandereli
              • Jan 2012

is it true that histogen will present 3 months results in SID conference 2 days after?

Comment

• jpm
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by kaandereli
                is it true that histogen will present 3 months results in SID conference 2 days after?
                When its comes to keeping deadlines in this industry, take it all with a pinch of salt.

But yes I believe they started Ph2 in Jan and so 3 months would have been March time. Couple of months to collate data so yeah they should be releasing 3 month results

Comment

• john2399
                  • Jan 2012

These clinical trials take so dam long. I wish it was only 2 phases instead of 3 long ass trials that seem to take forever.

Comment

• Latitude
                    • Apr 2011

I do get concerned when percentages are quoted, a 100% increase in an area with one terminal hair is just, well, one hair. The percentage increase could really be an infinite number depending on the baseline. Ultimately the results need to be cosmetically significant to the individual being treated to make any product a commercial success.

Comment

• Kirby_
                      • Jan 2012

If (if!) this ever works and is commercially available, it'll be ideal for diffuse balders like myself! I wouldn't mind even having to have new injections every five to ten years, in theory. Surely in practice Histogen's treatment could be priced more affordable and mass-market than Relicel?

Comment

• PvH
                        • Jan 2012

so we officially back on histogen? lol

Comment

• tizzle
                          • Apr 2012

@latitude

i dont think the regrowth is based on the haircount you still have. The technology should kind of reactivate the "dead" follicels too so i guess its a % of the hair you once had before mpb (and its not 100%, that would be too good to be true )

Comment

• jpm
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Latitude
                            I do get concerned when percentages are quoted, a 100% increase in an area with one terminal hair is just, well, one hair. The percentage increase could really be an infinite number depending on the baseline. Ultimately the results need to be cosmetically significant to the individual being treated to make any product a commercial success.
                            If you only have one terminal hair, then that's ok because Histogen 'will' thicken up your vellous and non-terminal hairs.

My understanding is that, at 3 months 22% increase in terminal hair count. So if you have 100 vellous hairs and 1 terminal hair on your hair then you still have 101 hairs. Add 22% to this and you get 24 Terminal Hairs and 125 hairs in total. Also Histogen reports that it increases hair thickness by about 23% (at month 3). So you will have 125 hairs (24 terminal) that have increased in thickness by 23%!! - Not bad for someone at 3 months who started off with only one ''hair''. Results will surely improve at 6 and 12 months.

If this is actually what histogen can do, then it is a very very good treatment!!

Comment

• Losing_It
                              • Jun 2011

see below

ABSTRACT FINAL ID: 519
                              TITLE: Stimulation of hair growth in humans by cell-secreted proteins
                              AUTHORS (FIRST NAME INITIAL LAST NAME): G. K. Naughton1, C. Ziering2, N. Sadick3, D. Perez-Meza4, M. Hubka1, D. Ehrlich1, J. Mansbridge1
                              INSTITUTIONS (ALL): 1. Histogen, San Diego, CA, United States.
                              2. Ziering Medical, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
                              3. Sadick Dermatology, New York, NY, United States.
                              4. Permanent Hair Solutions, Maitland, FL, United States.
                              ABSTRACT BODY: We have evaluated a bioengineered human cell-derived formulation, termed Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC), on the effects of hair growth activity in male pattern baldness and female diffuse hair loss. HSC is produced by cells grown on beads in hypoxic bioreactors and contains cytokines including KGF,VEGF,follistatin and noggin. Follistatin and noggin antagonize activin and BMPs which maintain the quiescent state of hair follicle stem cell proliferation. We hypothesized that injection of this medium may increase the supply of progenitor and transit amplifying keratinocytes to the hair shaft, leading to an increase in the thickness of the hairs and a reversal of the miniaturization process. Three clinical studies have been performed. The pilot study was a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 26 men with androgenetic alopecia. At baseline one area of the scalp received (4) 0.1cc intradermal injections (injs) of HSC and the parallel site received identical injs of placebo. HSC showed an excellent safety profile and a statistically significant increase in hair shaft thickness (p<0.05) at 3 months and hair density at 3 months (p <0.03) and 1 year (p<0.03) as assessed by Trichoscan image analysis. Analysis of the distribution of hair density at 1 year showed that the effect was no longer localized to 2-3mm around the injection site, as was the case at 12 weeks. Increased terminal hairs were seen in the entire region within the 4 injection sites supporting the hypothesis that HSC stimulated resting and miniaturizing follicles to increase terminal hair growth. A Phase I/II 55 patient trial with an identical protocol but with 8 injs of HSC and control at baseline and a repeat dose at week 6 has completed enrollment. A 10 patient non-controlled study for men and women with hair loss is being conducted, with patients receiving 20 injs of HSC at baseline and week 6. The efficacy results seen with HSC represent a novel regenerative medicine approach in hair growth treatment.

KEYWORDS: Hair, Clinical trials, Biologic therapy.
                              CURRENT 1ST PREFERRED CATEGORY: Human Clinical Research and Therapeutics
                              CONTACT (E-MAIL ONLY): ebrandt@histogeninc.com
                              SESSION LOCATION: Ballroom B/C
                              SESSION DAY & DATE: Thursday, May 10, 2012
                              SESSION START TIME: 10:00 AM

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by PvH
                                so we officially back on histogen? lol

Why did people lose faith in histogen to begin with?

Comment

Working...