+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default vacuum wigs - share your views

I am very choosy and cautious when it comes to selecting a wig. Currently I do have one with human hair but would love to go for vacuum one as I am sporty guy and love swimming and other activities and this always makes me over-cautious with my regular wig. I heard vacuum aka freedom wigs gives great fit but a bit costly and difficult to maintain. Any advice appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I am very choosy and cautious when it comes to selecting a wig. Currently I do have one with human hair but would love to go for vacuum one as I am sporty guy and love swimming and other activities and this always makes me over-cautious with my regular wig. I heard vacuum aka freedom wigs gives great fit but a bit costly and difficult to maintain. Any advice appreciated.
    Until I read your post I had never heard the term "freedom/vacuum" wig. Apparently made by a NZ firm with a worldwide dealer network.

A few observation/comments....
    1. They use only virgin human hair. Therefore their hairpieces are expensive.
    2. No pricing info on their website. Again, expensive.
    3. Do not know why you would conclude they are difficult to maintain. Virgin hair which is unprocessed human hair with the cuticles all facing the same direction is actually easier to maintain.
    4. You did not explain why you do not swim with your hp. Why not? Hairpiece forums that I follow are frequented with wearers who swim/scuba dive/water ski with no issues.

lvlace makes some good points, which I underline

thanks for response. It is not that I do not swim with my regular one, but it always makes me extra conscious and fear of slipping them off is always at the back of my mind, if that makes sense, hun. I would certainly prefer to stay away from scuba/roller coaster with my current one. Will you please mind me sharing with me which one you are using, if any?
    I read they make your very sweaty and due to suction fit, they can make your scalp itchy and irritated. Also they are believed to be hotter than your lace wigs, so I am not really sure whether it would be tolerable one or not. Any further advice is welcome.

thanks for response. It is not that I do not swim with my regular one, but it always makes me extra conscious and fear of slipping them off is always at the back of my mind, if that makes sense, hun. I would certainly prefer to stay away from scuba/roller coaster with my current one. Will you please mind me sharing with me which one you are using, if any?
    I read they make your very sweaty and due to suction fit, they can make your scalp itchy and irritated. Also they are believed to be hotter than your lace wigs, so I am not really sure whether it would be tolerable one or not. Any further advice is welcome.
    Since my original reply I did more reading about the freedom/vacuum wig.
    Apparently a silicone cap is created to precisely match ones head shape. This becomes the base for the wig. The precise fit allows the cap to create a "vacuum" just like a suction cup. The suction holds the wig in place. One must shave all hair in order to achieve a secure hold. Also I think the wigs are fullcaps only. No toppers. They are warm which means the scalp side of the cap requires daily cleaning.
    Their clients appears to be mostly women. I saw only a couple pics of males. The cost varies from $1500-$2900.
    I wear lace. I have worn swiss and french. Since I do my own ventilation when additional hair is needed, I prefer the durability of french. I see no difference between the appearance of swiss vs french as long as french is properly applied. Others may disagree. I am only concerned about what works for me. French works. I did try uts also. It is fine. But it does not permit me to do ventilation.

Thanks Ivlace for taking time out to reply. I do agree on cost part; they are quite on higher side. Yes, they do require daily cleaning otherwise they could stink, as per the experience mentioned by its user on other forum.
    I think durability wise, French wigs are preferable but aren’t they quite delicate? As far as the application is concerned, I found Swiss ones are more complicated for first time users, my personal opinion though.

Thanks Ivlace for taking time out to reply. I do agree on cost part; they are quite on higher side. Yes, they do require daily cleaning otherwise they could stink, as per the experience mentioned by its user on other forum.
    I think durability wise, French wigs are preferable but aren’t they quite delicate? As far as the application is concerned, I found Swiss ones are more complicated for first time users, my personal opinion though.
    Thats the beauty of opinion. I take the opposite

Swiss Lace (well the ones from my supplier) I find discrete and durable. Of course, user care is important to get both.

Luca......I am confused by your question and last statement.

If you question the durability of french, I ask.......compared to what? If you are comparing french to swiss then the answer is swiss is more delicate.
    Your last statement implying that swiss lace application is more complex......again, compared to what? If you mean compared to french, I must state that the differences are so minor as to be of no consequence for most first timers. Exceptions exist. Some people simply struggle with even simple tasks. Human nature.
    The issue of which way to go.....french or swiss should be based on the importance to you of durability. Also some users think swiss is more "undetectable." If you are in that group (I am not), then go with swiss. Opinions on that topic are as diverse as hair style preferences. Go with what you believe is best for you. More likely then that you will have a satisfactory outcome. My regards.

Well a very informative and useful discussion as going on it will really help people i really appreciate it..

I understand that a Freedom wig can seem terribly expensive, but if looked after well they can last many years, while giving you the best features and benefits available for a wig. like security, comfort, good looks, versatility