Hair loss best thing that ever happened to me.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HumanNature
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by mmmcoffee
    Being on the shorter end of the stick is unfortunate, it hurts your chances with a lot of women. I don't fault women for looking passed me for being shorter or going bald, it's their prerogative. That being said I know it's more in my head, my women troubles that is, just not being confident enough.

The thing with mpb is it's a slow change to your body. With the stages of grieving I think acceptance can only truly come once you're in your final form. So you can never truly accept balding until you've reached your terminal norwood, in my opinion at least. I can accept at this point being a diffuse NW3. But I will progress to a NW4 someday and will start the cycle of grieving all over again...
    Ok, let me drop the funny shit for a second.

It is a slow change, and some might stop with some thinning while others progress to complete baldness. It happens, it happens to 70% of men, 40% before thirty, thus classifying it perfectly normal.

I experienced the five stages too, except I skipped denial because there was no denying my bald patch by the time I discovered it! I ended up at acceptance pretty quick though, after I looked back on my track record and realised that I knew what was going to happen.

With everything in my life I have ever worried or stressed or got myself worked up into a state over, I realised long after, once I had some perspective, that it was trivial and didn't matter nearly as much as I thought it did. From college, to job interviews, to relationships. I decided to learn from my own mistakes and not let myself worry and stress and get worked up over this, knowing from past history that I'd look back on this with the same attitude at some point down the line.

It was then that I decided to start bettering other aspects of my life; my appearance, my clothes, my body, my skills and abilities. And do you know where I got that idea? Right here. Guys here in this forum gave me the idea of improving everything else about me.

It doesn't matter if you're 6'2" or 5'6", there are petite girls out there under five feet tall. It doesn't matter if you're thinning a bit or turning into Patrick Stewart, one thing I can promise you is it will be worse on you if you let it consume you and stop caring about yourself, and you will regret it so much a few years down the line when you realise you sabotaged the best years of your life because of something over which you had no control.

Stop finding an excuse to shoot down every positive message, stop comparing yourself to the norwood scale. I don't even know what that is! And I don't want to know.

So we don't have hair? So what. It doesn't make the man. I'm in the process of proving that, and you can too.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
      • Oct 2012

Agreed man. I've realized that I think for the most part. I don't let it hold me back from enjoying life and I'm gonna buzz my head soon. I said that before last summer but never did. This year I'm traveling in brazil for 3 weeks so I'm almost forced to.

I know bald or not I will find a lady eventually and I know my friends wouldn't make fun of me, half of them are balding anyway.

Comment

• deuce
        • May 2013

I think bald men look weird. Just me though. I am sure some women really do not care, and like the bald look. I cannot get use to it. My head has bumps in it.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

HumanNature, very good post.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
            Doctor Representative
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by HumanNature
            The neck responds incredibly well to training. It honestly took me about six weeks to go from a pencil neck to damn near Kurt Angle.
            Old-time wrestler, Freddie Blassie was a huge proponent of neck improvement. This VIDEO says it all.

Chuck
            Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 04-02-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
              • Oct 2011

Bald men look "weird" when they have the clear top of head thin/gone sections and allow the remaining to grow out, marking a clear difference between hair and no hair. THAT looks "funny"

If you get to that stage, you really need to either get rid of it all, or keep it buzzed, real short weekly or bi-weekly.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                Bald men look "weird" when they have the clear top of head thin/gone sections and allow the remaining to grow out, marking a clear difference between hair and no hair. THAT looks "funny"

If you get to that stage, you really need to either get rid of it all, or keep it buzzed, real short weekly or bi-weekly.
                I agree, that is why I keep mine buzzed. If I can get it to thicken a decent amount I may experiment a bit, but at this point it would just look bad.

Comment

• akai
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by HumanNature
                  I might be quite tall, but I'm an ugly Ron Perlman-looking bitch. That shit doesn't matter. I tell you what really made the difference...neck. It came as a surprise to me too, but women can't seem to get enough of a thick neck on a dude. I got myself a head brace off Ebay for about 7 buck, use it every second day to thicken my shit up.

I'll tell you something else, don't be hiding it. A man openly displaying a shaved head because he's going on top just drips confidence, that 'I don't give a ****, it takes more than that to take me out of the game' kind of confidence.

What would a pretty little piece rather have? Some doughy bitch who can't run for a bus with a full head of hair, or an alpha as **** buzz cut who can pump her into the next world?
                  Both can do fine, but a guy with a good head of hair and an attractive face will never have a problem getting laid as long as he doesn't get fat.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                    Doctor Representative
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by akai
                    Both can do fine, but a guy with a good head of hair and an attractive face will never have a problem getting laid as long as he doesn't get fat.
                    Pretty much universal... Women hate the beer gut on a man like most men are turned off by rhino haunches on a woman.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                    forhair.com
                    Cole Hair Transplant
                    1070 Powers Place
                    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
                    Phone 678-566-1011
                    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
                    Attached Files

Comment

• redy
                      • Jun 2013

I'm highly introverted and always have been. I would almost never approach girls anywhere unless they made it painfully obvious that they wanted me to.. I'm pretty sure I would be considered attractive but wouldn't consider myself to do all that well with girls/women/females - unless I know them. There is no black and white to this stuff. It's crazy easy to just think "well shit if I had hair I'd be knee deep in women" instead of actually going out and doing what you can with what you have.

Comment

• baldozer
                        • Oct 2012

The problem is that women find very few men attractive. I read a scientific study which found out that men find most of the women attractive, while women only found few men attractive, like less than 20% or so. So, women even find most of men with hair unattractive.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                          Doctor Representative
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by baldozer
                          The problem is that women find very few men attractive. I read a scientific study which found out that men find most of the women attractive, while women only found few men attractive, like less than 20% or so. So, women even find most of men with hair unattractive.
                          I think men need to be reminded of this. Women seem to like a timid, out of shape wimpy guy, the least. There really are only a small percentage of men that are genuinely good looking. Many women I have met complain, the good looking men can often be egocentric, insensitive, and unfaithful.

forhair.com
                          Cole Hair Transplant
                          1070 Powers Place
                          Phone 678-566-1011

Comment

• baldozer
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
                            I think men need to be reminded of this. Women seem to like a timid, out of shape wimpy guy, the least. There really are only a small percentage of men that are genuinely good looking. Many women I have met complain, the good looking men can often be egocentric, insensitive, and unfaithful.

forhair.com
                            Cole Hair Transplant
                            1070 Powers Place
                            Phone 678-566-1011
                            Of course, when a man would get a lot of female attention, he would obviously become arrogant. Its because its very rare for a man to be attractive to women, so those who are, can consider themselves to be very lucky. However, as much as women hate such men after being dumped by them, they would always be attracted to those guys first. That is why you would often read women saying how looks are so unimportant, and then they would go on to tell you how they dated a very handsome guy and he turned out to be an asshole and such. Its the same story for most women. Only after being dumped by such alpha males, those women would start looking for a so called nice guy with money. That is why many men nowadays consider marriage to be a lose lose situation, as they know that a woman can't ever be genuinely attracted to a beta male. And don't believe a woman when she says that looks are unimportant. Its very very important for them.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                              Doctor Representative
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by baldozer
                              Of course, when a man would get a lot of female attention, he would obviously become arrogant. Its because its very rare for a man to be attractive to women, so those who are, can consider themselves to be very lucky. However, as much as women hate such men after being dumped by them, they would always be attracted to those guys first. That is why you would often read women saying how looks are so unimportant, and then they would go on to tell you how they dated a very handsome guy and he turned out to be an asshole and such. Its the same story for most women. Only after being dumped by such alpha males, those women would start looking for a so called nice guy with money. That is why many men nowadays consider marriage to be a lose lose situation, as they know that a woman can't ever be genuinely attracted to a beta male. And don't believe a woman when she says that looks are unimportant. Its very very important for them.
                              When I was in my late twenties and looking thin on top, I did commonly get the cold treatment from women my age. In my own experience, women past 30, seem more concerned about their own looks and less determined to land the trophy face man. 35 can be a humbling age for many women where the grey hairs, wrinkles and assorted sags begin to set in. Around 35, the bald guy with money, self confidence and a solid physique begins looking pretty good to them.

Chuck

Comment

• baldozer
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
                                When I was in my late twenties and looking thin on top, I did commonly get the cold treatment from women my age. In my own experience, women past 30, seem more concerned about their own looks and less determined to land the trophy face man. 35 can be a humbling age for many women where the grey hairs, wrinkles and assorted sags begin to set in. Around 35, the bald guy with money, self confidence and a solid physique begins looking pretty good to them.

Chuck
                                Seriously, who cares and wants to be with women over 35, who have had 40 boyfriends before! And women over 35 are reproductively senile anyway. Men generally want to stay away from them.

Comment

Working...