+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 210 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2095

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    A direct answer this time would be greatly appreciated.
    BaldTruthTalk forum is a place where everyone suffering from hair loss is welcome to share their thoughts, fears, insight, and opinions about hair loss and its treatment. Users that are overly disruptive to the forum are typically removed in time. We provide time to the offending poster to give them the benefit of the doubt and watch to see if they are getting something out of the community and positively giving something back.

There are those of us in our community who are less equipped to deal with the emotional turmoil that hair loss can cause us in our lives, and these are the people who need our help the most. We do read every "report" submitted and are not blind to the fact that Scorpion's posting activity has caused much disruption to the users of the forum. It can be extremely difficult to strike a balance between accommodating the users of the forum and needs of the person being reported.

Scorpion has certainly come a long way since he first began posting, and we hope he will continue on this path and take other hair loss sufferers into consideration when he posts. He has asked for his more offensive posts to be removed and it appears that his attitude has improved greatly, which we believe is directly attributed to having the ability to share his thoughts in our community. Shutting the door to someone who is clearly in extreme need, just doesn't sit well with us.

While Scorpion’s introduction to BaldTruthTalk forums might have been offensive and disruptive to many, encouraging another human being to commit suicide or bating someone who appears to be as depressed as Scorpion, is nothing more than an act of cyber bullying and will not be tolerated on BTT Forums.

Users can choose to ignore any poster on this forum by going to that person's profile, clicking on "User Lists" and clicking on "Add to Ignore List." That person's posts will then be hidden from your view.

We do monitor and will continue to monitor the posts as we always do, and will ultimately always strive to do what is in the best interest of the hair loss community.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtadmin View Post
    BaldTruthTalk forum is a place where everyone suffering from hair loss is welcome to share their thoughts, fears, insight, and opinions about hair loss and its treatment. Users that are overly disruptive to the forum are typically removed in time. We provide time to the offending poster to give them the benefit of the doubt and watch to see if they are getting something out of the community and positively giving something back.

There are those of us in our community who are less equipped to deal with the emotional turmoil that hair loss can cause us in our lives, and these are the people who need our help the most. We do read every "report" submitted and are not blind to the fact that Scorpion's posting activity has caused much disruption to the users of the forum. It can be extremely difficult to strike a balance between accommodating the users of the forum and needs of the person being reported.

Scorpion has certainly come a long way since he first began posting, and we hope he will continue on this path and take other hair loss sufferers into consideration when he posts. He has asked for his more offensive posts to be removed and it appears that his attitude has improved greatly, which we believe is directly attributed to having the ability to share his thoughts in our community. Shutting the door to someone who is clearly in extreme need, just doesn't sit well with us.

While Scorpion’s introduction to BaldTruthTalk forums might have been offensive and disruptive to many, encouraging another human being to commit suicide or bating someone who appears to be as depressed as Scorpion, is nothing more than an act of cyber bullying and will not be tolerated on BTT Forums.

Users can choose to ignore any poster on this forum by going to that person's profile, clicking on "User Lists" and clicking on "Add to Ignore List." That person's posts will then be hidden from your view.

We do monitor and will continue to monitor the posts as we always do, and will ultimately always strive to do what is in the best interest of the hair loss community.
    its good that its not some forum where the mods and admin have gone mad with power and delete threads and boot people at the drop of a hat, but scorpion is nothing more than an internet troll who time and time again deliberately posts using offensive descriptions of bald guys, exaggerating how futile the life of a bald person is and simply goes on about how there's nothing worse than being bald. In my opinion anyone who does that is either incredibly stupid and blind to the offense they are causing time and time again, or just (much more likely) loving their life as a troll. I got to say i hate that im suffering mpb it does suck but if anyone really felt suicidal etc than i really do feel bad for them its really not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I'M NOT A TROLL!!!

I just have a different world view.

Deformed in eyes of some people.
    If it helps, I don't think you're a troll. I DO think you're an asshole, and you're DEFINITELY a douche. But I agree with the moderators that balding has hit you hard, and that might even be the reason for the asshole-ishness and the douche-osity. And I think this forum helps you in the same way it helps us.

But I also thought this was a thread about Replicel, so what the heck do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I'M NOT A TROLL!!!
    oh okay then.... that's all you had to say

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    But I also thought this was a thread about Replicel, so what the heck do I know?
    You are absolutely correct, this is a thread about Replicel and from this point on it will be kept on topic and all off topic posts will be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by tbtadmin View Post

nice piece of writing and very reasonable.

I'm shedding like mad. What is the connection between replicel's science and doctor Gho's? I've heard they are working off the same idea. Considering Gho is obviously correct about his assumptions, should we be extremely hopeful?

I've been stalking this thread for some time now and have read some on the current future treatments in the works...replicel, histogen, Aderans, etc...

1. Is there any summary/wiki/opinion that continuously updates where each one is at the process and ranks how promising/effective it seems to be?
    2. I consider some users here probably in the top 0.0001% of experts in the hair loss field and what will likely happen with these different treatments...are any of you making any stock plays into how this will likely all play out?
    3. I personally am an NW4-5, and was considering micro-pigmentation since I shave my hair anyway, but one of the biggest things that stopped me doing that for now was the promise of these future treatments, thought it'd be better to save the money and risk for a while to see if any of these pan out. I mean, even the up close pic of results from phase 1 of Histogen leads me to believe they will be able to create some product out of that someday. But am I just being too optimistic and should I just go through with the micropigmentation since these treatments could be years away/too expensive/not that effective?

Quote Originally Posted by alanrudy View Post
    1. Is there any summary/wiki/opinion that continuously updates where each one is at the process and ranks how promising/effective it seems to be?
    I don't think so. The forums are probably the best place for a quick summary if someone keeping up to date answers your question. The problem with the forums is that even on the Replicel thread many of the posts are trash.

2. I consider some users here probably in the top 0.0001% of experts in the hair loss field and what will likely happen with these different treatments...are any of you making any stock plays into how this will likely all play out?
    Replicel is the only publicly-listed company, the others use private funding. Check the "Buying Replicel Stock" thread for uses who have bought Replicel stock. Personally I haven't purely because I can't be bothered trying to find a broker who will let me trade on OTCBB. I figure if Replicel shoots to $100/share it'll be because the treatment works and that is all I need.

3. I personally am an NW4-5, and was considering micro-pigmentation since I shave my hair anyway, but one of the biggest things that stopped me doing that for now was the promise of these future treatments, thought it'd be better to save the money and risk for a while to see if any of these pan out. I mean, even the up close pic of results from phase 1 of Histogen leads me to believe they will be able to create some product out of that someday. But am I just being too optimistic and should I just go through with the micropigmentation since these treatments could be years away/too expensive/not that effective?
    I personally don't like SMP but regardless of what treatment you're considering, be it SMP, FUE, or FUT... if you were going to get that treatment anyway and are holding off because of the promise of HSC/Replicel/Aderans, why would you wait?

If the new stuff works, you're no worse off. You get a full head of hair and nobody sees your scar/dots. Worst case you get a few FUEs to fill in gaps/hairline.

If it doesn't work, you've just spent five years bald that you could have spent with the procedure. And to be honest at this stage, the chance that any of these will completely cure hair loss is pretty small.

Personally I am going to spend five years bald because I'd rather be bald than have a bad transplant/SMP experience. But that's just me.

And yes, the treatments are years away and there is a good chance they won't be fully effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    And yes, the treatments are years away and there is a good chance they won't be fully effective.
    No offense, but there's a good chance you don't know sh*t until evidence is released.

No report out yet from Replicel? Has to be 2moro surely.