+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I'm a bodybuilder. It's ok to use steroids after a HT?

Im on the second week after my HT and I was wondering if I use steroids would affect the grow of the transplanted hair? Thanks

I don't think it's a good idea unless you are strongly willing to jeopardize your results.

Quote Originally Posted by arturmeireles View Post
    Im on the second week after my HT and I was wondering if I use steroids would affect the grow of the transplanted hair? Thanks
    It's hard to say. In theory if the transplanted grafts are resistant to DHT, then it should not make much of a difference, but if the roids somehow interfere with the natural healing process you could be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    It's hard to say. In theory if the transplanted grafts are resistant to DHT, then it should not make much of a difference, but if the roids somehow interfere with the natural healing process you could be screwed.
    The steroids wont affect the healing process.

Why do you need steroids?

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Why do you need steroids?
    If you read the title of my thread you would know why I use steroids.

Yes I see I should have been more specific. I was curious if this is something you do professionally and are paid or on the amateur level with aspirations of making a living at it? Just curiosity on my part and please do not feel obligated to answer.

If you read the title of my thread you would know why I use steroids.
    It just says " Im a body builder " .doesn't say why you need steroids .

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Because he doesn't wanna lose his gains!!! I understand that feeling completely. I started taking bcaas and even though they don't do much for me, I'll never workout without it again. I feel lost without it. I'd like to think its keeping me mean, lean, and a killing machine! Its about looking **** as **** in public.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

It's my understanding that steroid use is illegal throughout the US. Not sure where other countries stand:

"Are steroids considered illegal in every state?
    Yes. The Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 became law on November 29, 1990, when former President Bush signed the Omnibus Crime Control Bill. The law applies in every Federal court across the country. It places steroids in the same legal class –schedule III- as barbiturates, LSD precursors, and veterinary tranquilizers like Ketamine and narcotic painkillers such as Vicodin.

Does it matter how much you are caught with?
    Yes. In both state and federal courts, punishment is driven by quantity. In Texas, for example, possession over 400 grams has a possible range of imprisonment of 5 to life. The amounts are counted in units with one pill, capsule, or tablet equaling 1 unit while 0.5 grams of liquid is also equaling 1 unit.

Are steroids classified the same as illegal drugs such as cocaine, ecstasy, LSD, pot, etc.?
    All illegal drugs are classed according to legislation, but steroids are prosecuted just like “harder” drugs and can carry very serious punishments.

Are federal laws different from state laws?
    Punishments vary in severity on a state to state basis, for example, in Connecticut it’s considered a misdemeanor with a maximum sentence of up to one year in jail unless near a school, could be additional imprisonment.

In Arizona however, it’s a felony charge but under a new law some offenders if eligible can get probation with drug treatment instead of prison time.

Louisiana carries a possible prison term with hard labor for a first offense personal possession charge.

In Florida and Georgia, the simple possession of any amount is a felony with a sentence of up to 5 years imprisonment."

Unfortunately, America has the largest prison population per capita of any country in the world with the possible exception of North Korea. There is a reason for that. Part of the reason is, fines are a huge source of revenue for municipalities. Sad but true. Two major privatized prison corporations in the US have stock available for purchase. They also have lobbyists who push for stiffer sentences for lesser crimes. These privatized prison corporations make more money when their incarceration numbers are up.

Look it up, it's true. One has to be very careful today not to break any laws.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 04:07 PM.