+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy my story (microwave version)

I am a 37 year old male. Norwood 3(ish) i think. Began thinning at around 19 or 20. Opted for a hair transplant at 21 (and my wallet was accepted with open arms) at Transform Medical Group in Belfast.
    The butcher (sorry surgeon) was then a Dr Alan Kingdon, who I believe is still practising & head of Transform group. The transplant cost me then around £1100. I always remember the smug look on Kingdon's face when he said 'a success! there were even a few grafts left over which we planted in the crown.' (I had little or no crown loss at this stage!)
    After the op my forehead ballooned like the elephant man & I had to wear a cap & tell a lot of lies! To date this transplant (if you can grace it with that name) has left 'easily detectable 'doll like' hairs on my forehead and as my natural hairline has receded more, it is very noticeable. The scar was quite wide & was never sewn up properly and is easily detectable, as I wear my hair quite short (2-3 razor) & try & keep what I have on top unshaved. More lies told!
    At age 24 I was teased further about my hairloss and the crown began to disappear, I became very depressed (minoxidil used & was crap). I decided on another transplant which was again in Belfast with another company (regency crown i think)who raped my wallet and left me in a lot of debt. They used a chinese surgeon (name may have been Wong) who told me he had arrived from a famous surgeory in 'Harley Street' London. He would over emphasise 'Harley Street', but it may as well have been Coronation Street for the amount of cobbles left and a pathetic sparse few 'grafts' put in which gave no coverage. At least the scarring was alot thinner than Kingdon's butchery, but detectable none the less. More lies!
    I have tried propecia & find that it turns my hair a gingery colour and deflates my labido big time. I still use rogaine foam, but cant apply it twice a day on the crown due to the mess caused with toppik etc.
    I cant shave my head 1. because of the scars 2. i wouldnt suit it 3. wouldnt have the balls! I have very fair thin eyebrows which dont help either.
    To cut a long story short I am considering another transplant, which are supposed to be much better these days, but surely FUT is the same procedure as was administered to me in the 90s? how is it so different?? I want to trust a surgeon and I have now a fair bit of research under my belt. Dr Farjo seems the best and Dr Feller (although it means travelling but that wouldnt hassle me). James Nesbitt's ht from Dr Maurice Collins in Dublin looks great!! but he is quite expensive & I wasnt too convinced about his b&a pics.
    Sorry for rambling on but I need help guys & would appreciate your comments!

Post edit

As it wont let me edit the first post, can I just point out (apart from spelling surgery wrong ) that I have still pain and numbness in the donor area from 16 years ago? The scar is pinky red & even noticeable under longer hair the other linear one is longer, thinner and white)

Should I still be feeling numbness & pain in this area 16 years post op??

I'd love to sue Kingdon/Transform, (I'd hardly have a case after all these years) but if I ever met the guy again I'd ..

Quote Originally Posted by rugsr4mugs View Post
    Should I still be feeling numbness & pain in this area 16 years post op??
    No, not after 16 years
    You might want to consider getting it checked out

Default options

After what you've gone through you want to go back for more? I would suggest you just keep using toppik if you have enough hair to support it or just shave it. I'm an HT victim. I used toppik and couvre as long as I still had enough hair but then it got too thin. I wore a toupee for two years and then finally a couple of months ago said to hell with it and shaved it scars and all. It took a while for people to get used to it, but they eventually did. It was miserable at the beginning but now everyone just treats me as if I had always looked like this. I don't think that I look good but I couldn't let concealers and hair pieces control my life anymore. Don't put yourself through even more misery. There are other options. Hell, maybe a hair system is the thing for you. There's also HIS hair clinic. I've never seen first hand what they do, but its an option. Just consider all the options that are available to you. If I lived on your side of the pond I'd make an appt. for a consultation at HIS just to check it out. Here's my whole story if you're interested.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3451

Quote Originally Posted by rugsr4mugs View Post
    I am a 37 year old male. Norwood 3(ish) i think. Began thinning at around 19 or 20. Opted for a hair transplant at 21 (and my wallet was accepted with open arms) at Transform Medical Group in Belfast.
    The butcher (sorry surgeon) was then a Dr Alan Kingdon, who I believe is still practising & head of Transform group. The transplant cost me then around £1100. I always remember the smug look on Kingdon's face when he said 'a success! there were even a few grafts left over which we planted in the crown.' (I had little or no crown loss at this stage!)
    After the op my forehead ballooned like the elephant man & I had to wear a cap & tell a lot of lies! To date this transplant (if you can grace it with that name) has left 'easily detectable 'doll like' hairs on my forehead and as my natural hairline has receded more, it is very noticeable. The scar was quite wide & was never sewn up properly and is easily detectable, as I wear my hair quite short (2-3 razor) & try & keep what I have on top unshaved. More lies told!
    At age 24 I was teased further about my hairloss and the crown began to disappear, I became very depressed (minoxidil used & was crap). I decided on another transplant which was again in Belfast with another company (regency crown i think)who raped my wallet and left me in a lot of debt. They used a chinese surgeon (name may have been Wong) who told me he had arrived from a famous surgeory in 'Harley Street' London. He would over emphasise 'Harley Street', but it may as well have been Coronation Street for the amount of cobbles left and a pathetic sparse few 'grafts' put in which gave no coverage. At least the scarring was alot thinner than Kingdon's butchery, but detectable none the less. More lies!
    I have tried propecia & find that it turns my hair a gingery colour and deflates my labido big time. I still use rogaine foam, but cant apply it twice a day on the crown due to the mess caused with toppik etc.
    I cant shave my head 1. because of the scars 2. i wouldnt suit it 3. wouldnt have the balls! I have very fair thin eyebrows which dont help either.
    To cut a long story short I am considering another transplant, which are supposed to be much better these days, but surely FUT is the same procedure as was administered to me in the 90s? how is it so different?? I want to trust a surgeon and I have now a fair bit of research under my belt. Dr Farjo seems the best and Dr Feller (although it means travelling but that wouldnt hassle me). James Nesbitt's ht from Dr Maurice Collins in Dublin looks great!! but he is quite expensive & I wasnt too convinced about his b&a pics.
    Sorry for rambling on but I need help guys & would appreciate your comments!