+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I would like to see more good beard/body-hair to head transplants. That seems like the only solution possible now that can give you nearly a full head of hair. A beard hair can give you 4 times more coverage than scalp hair, and if your hair is coarse, its not much difference in texture from your beard hair. For example, if you do such procedure on a black man, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between the scalp and beard hairs.
    Yield rates have been very poor with body hair transplants. Pilofocus *should* alleviate the problems which is why I've mentioned BHT with Pilofocus on a number of occasions.

But... BHT is ridiculously expensive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, you made a really good thread on potential treatments a long time ago. It really helped me out when I started lurking on the forums.
    yea that was me! I made one every 6 months, just been too busy lately to make a new one!

Things are seeming a little flat these days. Think we could use a significant new finding to lift our spirits. Takes something bigger each time though...think we need something more than finding out what may be causing or contributing to mpb and more along the lines of discoveries contributing to potential treatment options.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Things are seeming a little flat these days. Think we could use a significant new finding to lift our spirits. Takes something bigger each time though...think we need something more than finding out what may be causing or contributing to mpb and more along the lines of discoveries contributing to potential treatment options.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15636
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15594

That should lift your spirits significantly. In a nutshell it should mean its GAME OVER for hair loss!

Thanks for the links. Yes, it looks like there is a lot of good work being done, and I very firmly believe that the more work is getting done the more additional efforts (and most importantly, money!) gets attracted to the issue. To be honest, most pharma companies abandoned MPB a long time ago, as there was nothing for them to think they could be close to getting it solved (and thereby becoming the most profitable company in the world, and no, I don't think I'm exaggerating). They're all about low risk (meaning less expensive) and high reward, so they have no interest in just shooting in the dark. But the closer it gets, the more specific targets they have to focus on, the more companies think they may be able to swoop in and solve that final few stages of the puzzle. Whether it will happen or not, I don't know, but as far as the drug companies are concerned, if it look potentially doable, they'll be interested and willing to invest time and money, at least for a while.

Just give us a safer way to stop the stupid androgens from killing the hair we still have. Im not even talking regrowing vast amounts of hair just let me keep what I got without the hormone drugs. At least for me im happy there, but progress towards massive regrowth is good too