+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 225 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast

To be honest nobody know how much it'll cost. If it's 10K per 2K session then of course you're looking at 50K but who says you'll need 10k grafts, who says there won't be bulk discounts, and who says other docs won't figure it out....*

Richard, what's that about sunken eyes?!?

I don't think we'll have any new informations until November.

China Medical Biotech Forum
    November 7-9, 2011
    Beijing, China
    Dr. Gail K. Naughton to present "Human Embryonic-like Proteins Stimulate New Hair Growth in Humans while Inducing Apoptosis in Cancer"

And even there ... her speech is barely going to last 30 minutes if you look here : http://www.medbioforum.org/cmbf2011/...m_track6.asp#6

Quote Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    Well UK_ of all people the other day was raving about how Gho has cured baldness
    Haha

... Let's wait and see - even Rassman wants to see the results before coming to any [accurate] conclusion... read the post on "professional jealousy" on the balding blog.

http://www.baldingblog.com/2011/07/2...hos-technique/

I think Richard is right, I am also seeing a lot of doctors downplaying the Gho technique - I dont know whether it is jealousy - I mean Gho has a waiting list [now] up until late 2012.

The thing is Rassman contends that Gho is just doing a normal HST procedure, but how can he honestly know for sure? I mean really, think about it. Why didnt Rassman apply these "accusations" when Gho was releasing medical articles about the efficacy of his procedure? Why wait unti HST exploded in consumer demand?

Has anyone tried messaging Dr Ziering through facebook?

Or emailing his clinic directly?

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1824

Listen to the second interview.
    You'll need multiple injections for a full head of hair ... and you'll need to come back every 3-6 months.

Well, unless you're some hollywood superstar, that's going to be absolutly impossible to afford.

I'm kinda losing faith with Histogen, I see this as some kind of ''botox for hair''. Just like botox, you need to come back regularly to a clinic to get a fix ... it's going to be the exact same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1824

Listen to the second interview.
    You'll need multiple injections for a full head of hair ... and you'll need to come back every 3-6 months.

Well, unless you're some hollywood superstar, that's going to be absolutly impossible to afford.

I'm kinda losing faith with Histogen, I see this as some kind of ''botox for hair''. Just like botox, you need to come back regularly to a clinic to get a fix ... it's going to be the exact same shit.
    Your assertion rests upon a source which predates the findings that prove a single injection can last up and beyond the two year period.

I point you to their actual updated findings in which new hair growth has been seen and maintained up and beyond the 24 month mark, this was achieved with negligible amounts of HSC as the initial trial was more a determinant of safety as opposed to aesthetic efficacy.

Regardless of the cost, a better treatment is a better treatment, beggars can't be choosey.

I obviously can't comment on cost Mojo, but what I can say is that Histogen's focus is on mass marketing this product, they have previously made statements about making this product available to the wider public, and a lot of their investments have gone into setting up a viable manufacturing system to do so. I highly doubt this translates to a treatment that will only be available to the select elites of society. Their preious statements that allude to; "only a small percentage of the wider public seeking current FDA approved treatments" suggests to me the contrary to your opinion, they are clearly intending to target the wider public. Also, if this is actually primarily targeted for the elites, why would Dr Ziering be on here talking to us 'mere mortals'?

We should also add the following to the list of upcoming treatments:

http://www.skincareblog.net/2011/03/...al-stem-cells/

So what's that now?... 7 in total?... what did we have throughout the 80's...90's?... **** all thats what.

Be grateful.

Does anybody on here feel after reading the above link they could set up their own lab and start regenerating hair follicles?

OH THATS RIGHT - We need professionals... sorry Iron_Man, I did try.

God knows why there's no research coming out of the UK - too busy spending millions developing STD apps for Iphones to support our burgeoning prostitution industry.

Wow, I never heard of Mibelle Biochemistry before; that's really cool. I like Histogen's chances, as well as Replicel. I'm not too confident in Aderans, and plus now that they're run by Bosley, that's a negative. Bosley is about one of the least ethical companies around. You listed 7 companies that developing new treatments for hair loss. I know about Histogen, now Mibelle, Replicel, Follica, Aderans. What are the other 2?

And BTW, of course some one like Rassman is gonna downplay these new techniques. While he's still offering archaic hair transplants and head tattooing, these other doctors are going to be offering WAY more effective techniques that don't leave scars all over your head. I mean, how many people even want some scarring hair transplant or worse yet head tattooing in the first place?

@DepressedBHL - Well we have the following (if I have missed any please inform me):

1) Aderans

2) Histogen

3) Follica

4) Replicel

5) Berlin Tech University

6) MiBelle Biochem labs

7) China Medical University (Nitric Oxide solution)

8) Acell/Plucking + Gho's HST (entire surgical paradigm, which offers probably the best chances of all)

9) St Vincent's Hospital in Melbourne and Melbourne University (Rod Sinclair)

10) Professor Mayumi Ito and his team developing wnt signalling for BOTH hair loss and grey hair

Note, all of the above are professionals, professionals we could all do without (according to Iron_Man).

The thing is with Rassman, he himself has not OUTRIGHT said Gho is wrong - he [like all of us] wants to see the results - I think deep down he knows Gho has created that new era in transplant techniques that is SO OVERDUE right now!

And is it just me? Because I dont ever recall such a number of companies working on treatments during the 80's and 90's! Back then all I remember were horrible plug transplants and minoxidil, people were still waiting for FDA clearance for propecia - now we're waiting for FDA clearance for gene therapy!

I know hair loss has turned us all into a bunch of downers but we have to be positive!