+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 225 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    How old are you?
    27, I'm thinking about getting on Dut

Do you guys think I will benefit from HSC, or is my current hair loss situation to advanced for repair?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Do you guys think I will benefit from HSC, or is my current hair loss situation to advanced for repair?
    I think you've got a good chance with HSC from the pic you posted. Your hair is quite a bit thicker on top than mine and you've still got hair at your hairline.

And I don't think I'm a lost cause for HSC yet (my hairline probably is though). We just don't have enough info yet on how it'll work on more advanced miniaturisation. It may be that it still works but needs more injections, or higher concentrations, or takes longer to respond.

Just hang on to what you've got as much as possible. If gmonasco's interpretation is right then we higher Norwoods will need all the help we can get.

I think that as long as you haven't been slick bald for years then its going to help you.

As for hair - some people have had results using Minoxidil on their hairline, so if this is only Minoxidil 'on steroids' then it maybe to help at the hairline. That near invisible peach fuzz could turn terminal!

I'm taking no chances, gonna stay on fin to maintain until its released

Will Histogen show results where a transplant has been done?

I found this Q&A on another forum, it might awsner a few questions you guys have. Turns out HSC will work on all forms of hair loss, and transplanted areas.

Dr Craig L. Ziering (Histogen’s principal clinical investigator) answered to some questions from users on the ************* forum back in February:

Q. Do you think a person who’s approaching a Norwood 5 or 6 can be helped with Histogen?

A. It has the potential to treat all stages of hairloss.
    http://www.*************.com/showpost.p ... stcount=25

Q. Will having a hair transplant now will interfere with having Histogen injections in the future?

A. No , having a transplant now will not prevent you from receiving HSC injections in the future. The great thing is that HSC works on the recipient area and has nothing to do with the donor at this time . This should give new hope to all those that have poor or no donor hair available.
    http://www.*************.com/showpost.p ... stcount=15

Q. Aside from Singapore I haven`t heard of any other countries in Asia taking part in the trials. Which, if any, other countries are going to take part in the trials? Thanks.

A. Right now Singapore but possibly Korea as well.
    http://www.*************.com/showpost.p ... stcount=16

Q. I got an email from gail naugton last month saying "We are starting phase 1/2 in Singapore before the end of May and hope to have phase 3 pan-Asian data by Sept 2012 for an NDA submission and 2013 approval. (hopefull Q2 2013)."

Is it possible that the NDA submissions could be shortened? Does it have to be 6-12 months long?

Is it possible to lobby the Singapore Health Authority to shorten it?

A. Sorry , but I dont see this time frame being shortened.
    http://www.*************.com/showpost.p ... stcount=27

Q. Are the new hairs from the HSC injections colored hair, for a person with greying hair?

For example if a person has white hair (ie anderson cooper) will the new grown hairs from HSC injections be white or black?

A. The hair would likely take on its original darker color.
    http://www.*************.com/showpost.p ... stcount=30

Q. 1. It has not become clear to me what exactly are the results 2 years after one single injection. I can see pictures on the Histogen website which show the hair growth after 12 weeks, 5 month and 12 month. As i can see in the statistics below the the pictures, after 12 month there is still new and thicker hair growing. Now after 2 years, is there still an increase in numbers of hair and hair thickness? I mean compared to the 1 year update, are there now more and thicker Hairs? Or were the 1 year results just lasting for one more year?

2. Will there be an update on the Histogen website which shows macrophotos and statistics regarding the 2 year results?

A. The Histogen study was originally a safety study with 12 mos follow up, with efficacy as a secondary endpoint. The Company was able to modify the clinical protocol to add a two year safety endpoint but couldn't perform the full efficacy study. Photos were taken of the treatment site which indicate persistence of hair at the treatment site but an accurate hair number and thickness assessment can not be done. The scientists at Histogen believe that the new hairs seen at 1 year are a result of stimulating stem cells in the scalp and in existing normal and miniaturizing follicles to grow new hairs. There is no reason to believe that additional hairs would be stimulated after one year with only one injection at baseline. That being said, the fact that new hairs continue to grow over the one year period is quite remarkable and unprecedented in the hair growth field.

Histogen is performing exploratory case studies in Asia where patients are receiving 50+ injections at base line to assess hair growth over time. The Company hopes to have initial results from the first case studies in the next four weeks and plans on sharing those with the hair transplant community.
    http://www.*************.com/showpost.p ... stcount=70

date Feb 2011
    _________

OF COURSE it will work at all stages of hair loss! Why would it matter?
    The only reason why they're not yet testing it on a bald scalp is because they know that the results would be minimal with one injection so they won't even bother "wasting" subjects just for that.....
    if it grew 50 new hairs on a bald scalp, you can't really show that to your investors and say "hey look at that growth! can I have $20 million for my next phase?" So that's why they're currently targeting "hairy" areas because that's what makes their charts and graphs look good

2020, in your opinion, will it be able to regrow a full head of hair on a bald scalp? (Obviously with more injections )

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    2020, in your opinion, will it be able to regrow a full head of hair on a bald scalp? (Obviously with more injections )
    YES!

Doesn't anyone remember this study?
    http://www.livescience.com/10394-mal...tem-cells.html

But the new study shows that bald people have the same number of stem cells as those with hair. So if scientists could coax the stem cells into producing more hair follicle progenitor cells, then it would be possible to generate bigger hair follicles that could grow hair, he said.
    those scientists are Histogen and they're doing just that

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    YES!

Doesn't anyone remember this study?
    http://www.livescience.com/10394-mal...tem-cells.html

those scientists are Histogen and they're doing just that
    This is great to see. Hopefully it pans out like that. I missed you that time you were gone, 2020.

Knowledgeable, positive, but realistic. You're an endangered species, I think.

that study is bullshit. Yes the stem cells may be there, but there are more structures that have been ravaged by MPB. Histogen won't bring all of them back.

It's better to stick with "keep as many follicles in shape as you can" than "just go slick bald the stem cells are still there so you will benefit too".