+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Histogen buys biomed skincare line

http://www.prweb.com/releases/HA/Cel...eb11651734.htm sorry if old news..didnt see it

Not sure if its worth posting but at least its something. might help if its cash flow positive to help with funding trials etc.

I PRAY histogen, even in its current form, is released. I really want it. 2016 is so close and Asia wouldnt be a horrible place to have to visit for this. Its terrible being so in the dark about follica and histogen.

genuine question - why do you want histogen?
    (before and after pics have been absolutely dreadful)

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/HA/Cel...eb11651734.htm sorry if old news..didnt see it

Not sure if its worth posting but at least its something. might help if its cash flow positive to help with funding trials etc.

I PRAY histogen, even in its current form, is released. I really want it. 2016 is so close and Asia wouldnt be a horrible place to have to visit for this. Its terrible being so in the dark about follica and histogen.
    Agreed with you, specially the second part.

Good news in the long term, I guess... but I can't help but feel like the money used for that acquisition should have been used to fund the HSC clinical trials.

The reason HSC is important and people want it is:

1. It would be the first proven effective hair regrowth solution since minoxidil/finasteride.

2. Some of the results pictures show significant improvement. Some patients reportedly got 60%+ regrowth, with the average being around 20%. That is significant. Dr. Ziering said himself that he saw significant visible improvements in almost everyone he gave it to.

3. The results in these early clinical trials are probably using lower doses than is optimal, because they haven't done a phase IIb dosing trial yet.

4. The clinical trials results show continued regrowth after I think 6-12 months, given just a single round of injections. Consider the fact that these test subjects were not on any other treatments at the time. No finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral, RU, etc. Imagine the results that might be possible for a thinning NW2-3 with a combination of all of those.

5. HSC could possibly provide regrowth of the donor region for standard FUE procedures or maybe even pilofocus. This makes hair transplants much more appealing.

Any new, effective treatment could also help drive competition for the hair loss industry. Right now we're stuck with hair transplants and the same 2-3 FDA approved medications. It's like an oligopoly, with no one under any pressure to get any new treatment out of the door. Maybe Cosmo, Replicel, even Aderans might get their act together.

Ugh, such incompetence, as I've been saying for the past while. Histogen needs money to further develop HSC... and instead they piss away their funds on an acquisition.

I've asked this before and I'll ask it again:

Does anyone think researchers, doctors, biotechs or anyone at all cares to see balding men overcome this disease or does society prefer to have us gimped forever?

I thought histogen had finished?

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    I thought histogen had finished?
    You must be from the future.... lol

Histogen has a new hobby now.... BONES!

But Don't break a bone, histogen will soon change to another hobby before they develop a treatment.

Whats the vibe with their HSC I thought they had pulled the plug, Where are they at with it?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Ugh, such incompetence, as I've been saying for the past while. Histogen needs money to further develop HSC... and instead they piss away their funds on an acquisition.

I've asked this before and I'll ask it again:

Does anyone think researchers, doctors, biotechs or anyone at all cares to see balding men overcome this disease or does society prefer to have us gimped forever?
    Do you expect by crying all these ''worthless'' scientists will provide a cure sooner?