Threaded View

Default My story and questions. (pics)

Hi,

I'm 22 years old, my parents didn't have any hair loss, my dad's father didn't have hair loss, but my mom's father did. I ALWAYS had a lot of thick hair, and I was known in the family for having a massive amount of hair - and you could never pull out even one hair out (my GF tried so many times because she was jealous of my hair lol). I think after one more year, and I will have less hair than my father (who's over 50, still has his hair, doesn't take care of it at all, and doesn't live healthy or anything). That's going to look weird... Or is that normal?

My hair loss began August 2010, I noticed my hair falling out. I know pretty much the exact day, and I can be sure of that, as I was always very conscious about my looks (because of the career that I've chosen). I didn't do anything for about a year, because I thought it'll go away - I didn't believe that I might have male pattern baldness, because my dad had ALL of his hair.

Now, about 3 months ago I began looking for answers. I've done some tests for my thyroid, which showed that it's okay; my iron is on the low side, but still good. I've always exercised and ate good. I went to my family doctor, and she just said if it's male pattern baldness, learn to live with it, and if it's not it'll go away. I don't think it'll go away... And I don't think my testosterone is high, because I BARELY have any facial hair at 22 yo.

Can someone please give me any tips, advice? Are there any more tests, or anything else that I can take? How do I know that I'm definitely going bald, and if I do, what are the measures that I can take to prevent this or ease it up a bit? I can't really use rogaine as I'm not completely bald yet, and don't have bald spot, the hair is just very VERY thin all over. It doesn't look as bad from the front, YET.

Thanks guys! I appreciate any response! I'm including pictures (these were taken after not having haircut for about 4months, the hair barely grows!!)

Pic1
    Pic2
    Pic3
    This is how it used to look