+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by uninformed View Post
    I understand your point but im pretty sure he was kidding about asking Spencer for money
    Yep. I was kidding.

Im getting 1400 grafts. If the results is near to wesley sneijders (i've always buzz cut my hair, same age as him, lesser hair loss but he had a stronger forelock) i will get 3 more HST procedures.

As for sharing my results, I dont mind, to a limit. But if we want to get precise and scientific about things, I think a 3rd party (im in london) will need to be involved to take photos in proper lighting with a proper camera.

As I said, I was kidding, but certainly would not say no to some cash from the community, HST is EXPENSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Yep. I was kidding.

Im getting 1400 grafts. If the results is near to wesley sneijders (i've always buzz cut my hair, same age as him, lesser hair loss but he had a stronger forelock) i will get 3 more HST procedures.

As for sharing my results, I dont mind, to a limit. But if we want to get precise and scientific about things, I think a 3rd party (im in london) will need to be involved to take photos in proper lighting with a proper camera.

As I said, I was kidding, but certainly would not say no to some cash from the community, HST is EXPENSIVE!
    I think there was another guy on this forum who had 1600 grafts. Wish he would update regularly, but i totally understand why he doesn't. I'm not so regular on the forums myself. Only been checking more than usual recently to see what replicel are upto.

I guess my case would be very helpful, as im a buzz cutter, so theres no hiding the result. But I am selfish and lazy. I want to document donor regrowth and more importantly the recepient yield and hair quality, but not for you guys. More for me, so i can sue him if its a disaster!

Anyways, my day with gho is drawing very near now, so let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Thank you for that great post Spencer. As someone who's still uncertain about all the options out there, it's great to have someone like you who can help us figure things out. More and more patients are getting procedures with Gho right now and I think it's extremely important that we all know whether HST works as advertised.

I understand from your post that it's very difficult to verify the claims but could you by any chance recommend some place future Gho patients can turn to at all? Surely there must be people out there who can give at least some indication whether the harvested donor follicles are regenerating and at what level the recipient yield is?

Thanks one again for the response. I'm sure many of us greatly appreciate it and hopefully Dr. Gho gets back to you as well.
    I think the problem with Kobren setting anyone up with a third party to make the assessment, would be that if the third party determined that there was no actual regeneration Kobren’s detractors would start posting that the results were skewed. They would say the whole thing was rigged. It’s actually quite counterproductive because it’s the very posters who claim they want this procedure to become mainstream who are actually holding it back. I think it would be a good idea to find an independent dermatologist to be the third party. Someone who actually understands hair and who can clearly mark off extracted grafts to see if they fully regenerate or if there is just a hair or two left behind after extraction.

Ok. Any one in the US/Canada is going to get an HT at Gho's? How about if somehow we can find a couple of guys and ask them if they'd be willing -once they're back home from their trip- to go to reputable and trusted HT doctors to have them check the donor sites and document the regrowth of the harvested hairs in the site?

Spencer can arrange this with a couple of doctors that he has contacts with and if they really want to help us they would be willing to do this. There must be a few guys (patients) who wouldn't mind doing this. Maybe we can offer them some kind of an incentive (a free hair brush or free haircuts... ). The doctors can then let us know what their findings are. Don't tell me no doctor would be willing to do this because they'd be worried about losing business to Gho. I don't think every body is willing to wait a year before he can have his HT at Gho's and I don't think every body can go into all the trouble of traveling to Europe and all the extra fees and expenses.... At the same time, these doctors maybe can adopt Gho's method and start offering it and profiting from it since I know people will be lining up to get it done by them.

Again, it's not that hard to find out what Gho's all about. If I had the money I would've done something to put this issue to rest long time ago. I'm a philanthropist but unfortunately a poor one.

we would observe easily the efficiency of hst if the donor area is from facial hair.if i had the chance to test hst , i would certainly let gho pluck hair from beard and then look at the donor site everyday to check its efficiency.

why do poor people always think theyd be a philanthropist?

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Yep. I was kidding.

How much are you paying for HST?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    How much are you paying for HST?
    rates are on the hasci hair website...along w everythig else people ignore

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    rates are on the hasci hair website...along w everythig else people ignore
    I dont see why people are saying it is expensive, looks the same price as normal transplants. Which are in the 0-10k range.

Thinking of getting this done in order to restore my juvanile hairline is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Does Spencer get involved with this stuff?

I mean I don't really know what he does on a day to day basis?
    I can't really speak to anything related to HST, but feel I can definitely answer this question. I know on a day to day basis Spencer works to assist people (men and women) dealing with hair loss via email and phone communication. I know this because he did it for me 13 years ago. Thirteen years ago I started to loose my hair as a result of coming off a high androgen birth control pill (Loestrin FE), I was 21 years old at that time and completely unable to cope or deal with what I was confronted with. I searched online for answers, but found none. In reading an article on some website, I found Spencer Kobren and sent him an email explaining my devastation and desperate plea for help. He didn't have to to write me back, but he did and that was biggest turning point in my life. Someone cared, someone listened and assisted me in seeing doctors that I would not have otherwise been afforded the luxury to see. There was no magic solution as a result of seeing these doctors, but that isn't the point. The point is he listened and took action to help a desperate 21 year old girl whom he had zero connection with or obligation to. That is indeed being a true consumer advocate. Much of this advocacy occurs with men and women behind the scenes, and things he never really ever does get credit for.

Thoughout my hair loss journey I have been in communication with Spencer and he has to continued to help me during my darkest times. He was a catalyst in me starting my own women's hair loss support site, chronicling my own journey in dealing with hair loss and later creating my own community for women. I started my site in 2007 and had no idea how it would massively positively impact the thousands of women who came to it. Just knowing they weren't alone, was a push to help them get on the right track. All this positive change was a result from Spencer Kobren who cared enough to take the time to write back a complete stranger in need back in 1999.

I get emotional and upset when I see people attacking the character of Spencer, because I do know him and know his heart has always been in right place. Not to long ago there was a massive smear campaign that was launched against him online, defamatory things were said, lies posted and unfortunately those posts are used by individuals today that dislike Spencer as some sort of proof that he is lacking in character. He is not.

I often wonder where I would be if it were not for Spencer and I truly dare to even imagine. I am stronger today in dealing with my hair loss than I ever was before. It was his words of support and encouragement, his actions to assist in any way he could, along with the women on my site that are the reason I am fortunate to be where I am today mentally.. in my ability to cope with my hair loss.

I apologize for taking this thread off track, I just wanted to speak out about something I do know about. Please feel free to jump this post and get right back to your topic.
    I am not a doctor. I am just another 34 year old girl who has been dealing with hair loss for 13 years. Everything I say is only my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt.