+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I don't see why a balding woman would suffer more than me.
    she wouldn't necessarily, suffering is subjective and no to be measured by the severity of what causes it-but she would have a stronger/or more reason(s) to suffer.

no, she gets sympathy. Men get ridicule.

If you go bald you are forced to be one of those guys who always make fun of them selfs... that's dumb as hell. I don't like that and I don't want to be that person lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    no, she gets sympathy. Men get ridicule.

If you go bald you are forced to be one of those guys who always make fun of them selfs... that's dumb as hell. I don't like that and I don't want to be that person lol.
    Ok, you are right about this. Women do get more sympathy. But personally i don't need anyone's pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    There seems to be this conventional wisdom that hair loss should be far more distressing for women than for men and I'm sorry but I just don't get it.

Also, when you speak of conformity, statistically men in their 20s are no more likely to lose their hair than women. So why are men berated for wanting to conform when women aren't?

I think it's time to accept hair loss affects both men and women just as hard and the jokes about male pattern baldness need to stop.
    I don't think it's going to help you feel any better by discussing this topic. The jokes will always be around and I think it fits in the territory of guys calling each other stupid names like butthead, whereas women don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Layercake View Post
    I disagree. Id rather be a balding dude than a balding chick any day. I mean....I'd rather just not be balding, but If I had to choose.

I just feel like the pressure to "look good" is a bit higher for girls. Also there are a lot more bald guys so its less of a big deal. In addition guys are generally more visually than emotionally driven. What I mean is: I know a fair few ugly-ass guys with smokin hot girlfriends. I don't know too many if any hot guys going out with ugly girls.... but this is all just personal experience so I could be wrong.
    Definitely agree.

Both men and women have hair loss. Most of the time it's more obvious that men are going bald because their hair is usually so short you can see the scalp immediately and the hairloss tends to be right on top in full view whereas woman can tie their hair up or get a volume blow dry and style it better to hide the hair loss and their hair loss is generally more diffuse anyway. That all makes a BIG difference in your perception about their hair loss.

I think bald and balding men have just as many career opportunities though. Most people don't care about your bald head if you're intelligent or funny or at least have a positive attitude about life.

On the other hand I think women look sick and fragile when they are losing their hair. I just looks so much more wrong, IMO.

yeah , guys go bald. It a common part of being a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by crashul View Post
    Ok, you are right about this. Women do get more sympathy. But personally i don't need anyone's pity.
    Yeah, I know.

But guys get smirked at, laughed at.

They get labeled as "lol, the bald dude" "haha, baldy"

Your whole life becomes one big joke to people.

I am not that far down the balding line, but I am getting there... The way my life has changed just because I went from a norwood 1.5-2.5 ish is amazing. It really does make a big difference.

I can't let it progress any further. being young and having good regimen I can probably recover some ground, hopefully.

If I do I will greatly respect having more hair again.

No, and this is why:

Quote Originally Posted by Layercake View Post
    yeah , guys go bald. It a common part of being a guy.
    Keepthehair, I wish you would stop generalising all bald men. For some unfortunate guys it really does have a hugely negative impact on there looks ( who knows I might end up being one of them) and maybe they get ridiculed some, but there are plenty of bald guys that look very good, and better than many guys with full heads of hair. Can you not see that? balding affects every man in a different way.

The only thing I would say about women and balding is that it's much more acceptable for them to wear a wig, I would date a girl that wore a wig if I was attracted to her.

I agree with what you are saying man.

Eh. I guess I am just a little frustrated. Don't take anything anyone says too personal man

I don't want to tick you off man. I guess I just want people to further acknowledge that men suffer more than people think they do.

I just don't buy it. In this post feminist age, everything seems to be harder for a woman, from getting a job to going for a p*ss.

Women are meant to be seen as 'courageous' for basically fighting the same disease which for men 'doesn't hurt' and that they should just 'get over.'

It's the same disease, except women get sympathy whilst men become the butt of jokes. Women are allowed to cover up and men are considered vain for doing the same. It's the same disease and lots of people of both genders suffer it and it is as disfiguring for men as women. End of.

What's less attractive than a balding man? A whining man.