+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Jack speaks intelligently
    unless are prepared to go back for numorous procedures and are clear that cutting your hair short is not in the plans in the future then by all means go for it
    But, and I had 1 procedure 10 yrs ago, I would suggets the buzz cut first to see how yopu look and feel about it and try to embrace the short hair look.
    It's cheaper, and in the longer run , if the HT doesn't work out the way YOU expected it to, it will be less emotionally and psychologically scarring than what the HT has left you with
    My procedure doesn't look bad , as hair loss has progressed I know have a bald crown and the front 1/2 to 1/3 isn't as dense as I would like it to be .
    I can cut my back and sides short # 2 and # 3 with no signs of the scar but the top just is n't as dense enough for my liking .
    Because of this I am now an emotional wreck
    I have sleepless nights 'cause I dread waking up in the morning to try and " sty;e " what hair I have

Hair loss is all "IN" the head not on the head - something I haven't been able to come to terms with and because of this the last 10 years have pure hell for me

I am now goign back to the shrink to deal with anxiety , stress that this is causing me . AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    I do not want to name the surgeon for the following reasons:

He did virtually everything he could to talk me out of the procedure. Only after he was positive that I understood what to reasonably expect did he perform it. He made me wait months, discussed alternatives such as my just cropping all my hair short, and essentially tried to make me go away. I convinced him that I fully understood that the procedure would not provide me with a full head of hair and that I understood that my own naturally growing hair would continue to thin. Finally about 6 months after I first saw him did he perform the procedure. He could have done nothing more other than refusing to perform the procedure. This is called an "elective procedure" for a reason, however. I elected to have it done and I had covinced the doctor that my expectations were realistic. The fault is mine. I was young, desperate, and although I convinced both the doctor and myself that my expectations for the procedure were realistic, they were not.
    I wish I could say the same about my doctor. He didn't once mention any alternatives, never mentioned that I may not be a good candidate. Never mentioned that he may have limitations doing the procedure.

My experience was similar to that of Mr.4000. The doctor who recommended and performed my hair transplant glossed over any negative possibilities. He assured me that I would never notice the strip scar. He assured me that the hairline in front would look natural. He failed on both these matters. The strip scar is a problem and the hairline does not look natural.

Those of you who are considering a hair transplant, please realize that Jack, Mr 4000 and I are just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of unhappy persons out here who have had hair transplants and then deeply regretted having the procedure.

Be careful. Be realistic in your expectations. Be very skeptical about claims made by hair transplant surgeons and their staff. If in doubt, Don'tDoIt.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Jack speaks intelligently
    unless are prepared to go back for numorous procedures and are clear that cutting your hair short is not in the plans in the future then by all means go for it
    But, and I had 1 procedure 10 yrs ago, I would suggets the buzz cut first to see how yopu look and feel about it and try to embrace the short hair look.
    It's cheaper, and in the longer run , if the HT doesn't work out the way YOU expected it to, it will be less emotionally and psychologically scarring than what the HT has left you with
    My procedure doesn't look bad , as hair loss has progressed I know have a bald crown and the front 1/2 to 1/3 isn't as dense as I would like it to be .
    I can cut my back and sides short # 2 and # 3 with no signs of the scar but the top just is n't as dense enough for my liking .
    Because of this I am now an emotional wreck
    I have sleepless nights 'cause I dread waking up in the morning to try and " sty;e " what hair I have

Hair loss is all "IN" the head not on the head - something I haven't been able to come to terms with and because of this the last 10 years have pure hell for me

I am now goign back to the shrink to deal with anxiety , stress that this is causing me . AGAIN
    I feel for your situation Dave, There are many in your situation or will be in your situation in the future. There are many that need a transplant right after there first causing more trauma and more damage in a short time. The cycle continues.......

I didn't listen to the higher powers and just deal with my natural look which looking back was fine. It is clearly in the head....

Most people don't care about what you look like as much as one would like to think, they are too bust caring about what they look like.

Hi, How much Saw Palmetto do you take and or recommend>

Quote Originally Posted by UnBald View Post
    Hi, How much Saw Palmetto do you take and or recommend>
    None
    I know nothing of saw palmetto and think it's a waste of time
    If it actually grew or mainained hair the world would know about it

Thumbs up

Hey Jack I'm new to this site and it took the longest for me to face reality. I'm a 23 year old male and my hair is thinning out on the top of my head as well as my crown..I have absolutely have no history of baldness in my family. I don't know why this happening to me..it's very depressing..especially when my parents actually noticed it. I was actually considering getting a hair transplant one day because I've always wanted to grow out dreads but I fear for whatever reason my hair could fall out even if I did manage for my hair to fill in. I just wanted to say your story has made me think twice about getting something like that done and that I can really relate to how it feels to feel like a complete outcast because of this issue. It's really cool to know theres a place like this people can come share their experiences.

Hi Jack

I empathize and relate to your story. Vanity, one of the seven deadly sins. It got me too and not a day goes by that I regret having done a hair transplant. How are you doing now?