3 months on fin: nothing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccmethinning
    • Jan 2012

11 months. No notable changes from a month ago, except maybe a little more loss at the temple points.

Comment

• thinninghair
      • Jan 2014

I am 5 months in on fin...nothing for me, just accelerated hair loss.

F this.

More annoyed that the hair that I have is not staying put....thats the killer. Now I am not sure if a HT is worth it, if i am just going to lose the hair anyways

Comment

• TotallyScrewed
        • Jun 2014

I would kill to have fin "do nothing." My hair is still rapidly thinning (each strand is thinner every day). Consider yourself lucky.

Comment

• TotallyScrewed
          • Jun 2014

Did it immediately stop your miniaturization though? Or are you saying that continued until finally reversing..?

Comment

• RobertoMcGurk
            • Jul 2014

I think it does not suits to you, you must try some other technique or consult to dermatologist, Well fin i mg is used to treat male pattern baldness to prevent and reverse the hair loss process.

Comment

• burtandernie
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
              thats why ultimate AA regimen right now is dut and RU (blocks T and DHT)...

It is more potent than CB btw, but CB also helps with inflammation.
              I dont know where this kind of info comes from because RU was never fully studied and CB is in like phase 2 I think just for acne. So I mean where people get this kind of info I have no idea do they just make it up? I dont know where you even legitimately would get these chemicals or ever know there pure to even begin to figure all this out.
              If RU was studied well in humans and sold in the US from a reputable and regulated supplier that might be a starting point, but I dont know any such place. Even having RU doesnt mean it only acts locally.

Comment

• Jazz1
                Inactive
                • Aug 2012

3 yeas on fin I'm doing great, maybe try 2mg fin, 1mg morning and 1mg night worked for a guy on hairlosshelp.

Comment

• J_B_Davis
                  • Dec 2008

You might not be a responder, but it does seem that some people do better on higher doses than others. If you’ve tolerated the 1mg well, see if your doctor will prescribe 2mgs like Jazz1 suggested and see if things improve.

Comment

• J_B_Davis
                    • Dec 2008

Last edited by J_B_Davis; 08-03-2014, 08:52 AM. Reason: Sorry, double post, please remove this one.

Comment

• doponea
                      • Aug 2014

a year if you dont notice anything something is wrong

Comment

• ccmethinning
                        • Jan 2012

13.5 months. I can say that since I have started I have most certainly lost ground on my hairline. I will continue fin though because I have no other choice.

Comment

• Plan C
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ccmethinning
                          13.5 months. I can say that since I have started I have most certainly lost ground on my hairline. I will continue fin though because I have no other choice.
                          I posted 5 months ago in this thread, discussing how I too was having no luck with fin. The difference is, I quickly swapped fin for dut and RU. The two of them are definitely producing superior results with regard to my hairline than fin did.

I'm afraid that on a lot of these forums, the answer you'll receive if you're not getting ideal results is 'give it time'. You've given it time and your hairline has suffered as a result. I wasn't willing to take that risk and immediately strengthened my regime. I'm not saying it's your fault that this has happened, rather that the 'give it time' response that is frequently thrown around is not always suitable. If you've got aggressive hairloss, you can't afford to sit back and hope for results.

Comment

• ccmethinning
                            • Jan 2012

I really might start dut. Not sure if I want Dutas, Duprost, or Dutagen from inhouse.

I will give it a couple more months with the fin I just bought, and if I don't see any changes, dut it is for me.

Did you notice any additional shedding when you switched from fin to dut?

Comment

• mitchsmith
                              • Sep 2014

There are many different types of baldness, and they have different causes, and are (or are not) treatable in different ways. To determine why you're going bald, you can begin by doing a little internet research, but you may also want to see a doctor.

Comment

• SolarPowered Man
                                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ccmethinning
                                I really might start dut. Not sure if I want Dutas, Duprost, or Dutagen from inhouse.

I will give it a couple more months with the fin I just bought, and if I don't see any changes, dut it is for me.

Did you notice any additional shedding when you switched from fin to dut?
                                I've tried dutas and duprost. Dutas is a better responer for me. I'll be going back to dutas once my duprost is finished.

Comment

Working...