Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gutted
    im nw 2. The only areas i need regrowth is hairline/temples and a bit more density in the frontal region.
    I am Norwood 6 - the only areas I need regrowth is my whole ****ing head

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

simply -
      excess dht/androgens/5alpha?? -> over expression of cox 2 -> automatic over expression of pgd2 etc - > hair thinning - > dormancy and mild fibrosis -> baldness -> full fibrosis.

obviously there are many many other ezymes and protiens in the pathway that will be affected through negative feedback mechanisms.
      Now the thing I want to know... is WAS DR Cots study surrounding stem cells in bald scalps at the latter "FULL FIBROSIS" stage? Or was it at mild fibrosis (still have tiny vellus hairs)??

Because as we all know:

Earlier, people used to think that the hair follicles died premature deaths and that caused baldness, but this and other studies proved otherwise. These new discoveries and the studies that put aside inaccurate beliefs about the cause of baldness carry the potential for a future that’s full of thick, healthy hair.

In this milestone study, researchers used 15-dPGJ2, the PGD2 derivative to treat normal hair and found that the treated hair had stunted growth and ultimately died off.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by UK_
        The point is that WNT signalling will cause stem cells to proliferate which is what you need for hair to grow, hence why Histogen were able to destroy all the naysayers and create 2 years of hair growth that nobody else has ever accomplished - please name one person on a forum who has accomplished such a feat?
        as I said before: one anagen phase lasts 2-3 years. OF COURSE if that hair does not fall out prematurely, it will stay! The question is: what makes you think after anagen phase ends, it will regenerate again?

Comment

• gutted
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
          I am Norwood 6 - the only areas I need regrowth is my whole ****ing head
          looool - nw7 will be fully reversible in a few years with ease.
          Although i still think its reversible now.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 2020
            as i said before: One anagen phase lasts 2-3 years. Of course if that hair does not fall out prematurely, it will stay! The question is: What makes you think after anagen phase ends, it will regenerate again?
            More Injections!!!!!

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
              Now the thing I want to know... is WAS DR Cots study surrounding stem cells in bald scalps at the latter "FULL FIBROSIS" stage? Or was it at mild fibrosis (still have tiny vellus hairs)??
              THIS is what i wanted to know too!

as far as i can remember the scalp biopsies were from men who were nw7?
              possibly indicating full fibrosis.
              But time/age rather than norwood scale is more a good indication of how much scar/fibrotic tissue the scalp is surrounded by.

Comment

• BoSox
                • Jun 2010

looool - nw7 will be fully reversible in a few years with ease.
                By who, Aderans?

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Is this the holy grail?

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
                    By who, Aderans?
                    by these guys:

Coba situs sbobet judi bola online terpercaya dan aman di indonesia langsung bisa daftar dan login dari agen sbobet online. Dengan panduan cara main sbobet88 terlengkap.

Comment

• gutted
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
                      By who, Aderans?
                      Most HM companies will fail in thier ventures, i.e wont yeaild "super" results via injections to be viable as a hair loss treatment.

If something much better is not found in the near future to reverse baldness eg histogen etc i predict these HM companies turning into hair transplant companies - multiplying hairs artificially in a "petri dish" and then transplanting them into patients scalps.

their cures are not "easy".

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                        More Injections!!!!!
                        yeah if that's the case then they're wasting time. Besides 5 desperate people from this forum, most people won't be interested getting thousands of injection every year. It's a losing battle

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Most HM companies will fail in thier ventures, i.e wont yeaild "super" results via injections to be viable as a hair loss treatment.

If something much better is not found in the near future to reverse baldness eg histogen etc i predict these HM companies turning into hair transplant companies - multiplying hairs artificially in a "petri dish" and then transplanting them into patients scalps.

their cures are not "easy".
                          Id be happy with that.

Comment

• UK_
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                            yeah if that's the case then they're wasting time. Besides 5 desperate people from this forum, most people won't be interested getting thousands of injection every year. It's a losing battle
                            2 - 3 years is a long time - and I guarantee you 100% you would not turn down offer of one single treatment for 2 - 3 years of hair growth.

Nobody will need to buy stupid finasteride or minox either.

Oh and Histogen had 46% increase in Phase 2 when they increased dose - they are yet to establish a proper dose yet - so who knows how much REAL hair growth they will give you during those 3 years - are you still going to turn it down? LOL

We dont even know what impact the dosage increase of Phase 2 will have on the time of growth lol is it not possible to suggest that if by increasing the dosage heightened the actual hair count, then surely it will also increase the length of time it lasts? Perhaps a proper ESTABLISHED dose will end up giving you 10 years of growth.

Will you still turn it down then???... I doubt you will... you will come crawling back to Histogen.

Comment

• gutted
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                              Id be happy with that.
                              i wouldnt...but it wont come to that.

Comment

• Jan 2012

now it's 10 years.... all I want out of life is to be a monkey of average intelligence

if they're actually reversing the damage and fix the environment then the hair will last forever if not then it will only "stimulate" it for some time

Comment

Working...