Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
    I don't think we have to worry about the drug companies not wanting the cure to be found.
    Because new people are born every day and some of them, during their lifetime, will experience MPB or any other form of alopecia. Not to mention all of us now and most of current users of Propecia, just waiting for a cure. iIt would be an instant financial mega boost.

Take into the account the myopia treatments like Laser eye surgery . They are being offered as a one time treatment (don't want to go into their efficacies).

Now lets assume Histogen comes and is a succesful tretment, you have to take into the account that its sustainabiliy and additive functions are not thoroughly tested.

So there will probably be multiple sessions with injections dispersed over larger time period. As to be sure to increase density of the hair over time, or maybe even sustain it if it lasts several years.
    I honestly don't care if they offer me valid, efficent, long lasting treatments I'll save money and definitely use them.
    Also I don't want to be offensive to Histogen as being, well, greedy or anything like that, if their treatment does what its supposed to, than by all means they should charge for it.
    The waiting is killing me...
    Yeah, and you wouldn't feel like a 14 year old girl like one does on Propecia, anything that offers a better treatment than having to block androgens would be more than welcome.

Comment

• gmonasco
      Inactive
      • Apr 2010

Histogen’s lead product application is its Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC), which is a soluble
      formulation developed as an injectable for hair regrowth. The hair loss market is both large and
      underserved - hair loss affects over 40 million men and 21 million women in the United States
      alone, however less than 7% of sufferers currently seek treatment. This is largely due to the
      ineffectiveness of currently available options such as Rogaine and Propecia.

Worldwide revenues in 2008 were reported to be $1.3B for surgical treatments, predominantly
      hair transplant procedures, $1B for non-prescription treatments such as Rogaine, and $700M for
      prescription treatments such as Propecia. Histogen sees HSC as a potential category killer, as
      efficacy results far surpass those seen with topical and prescription treatments, and the injectable
      form holds many advantages over surgical treatments.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

Definitely a category killer (and by God a welcomed one).

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Sogeking
          Now lets assume Histogen comes and is a succesful tretment, you have to take into the account that its sustainabiliy and additive functions are not thoroughly tested.

So there will probably be multiple sessions with injections dispersed over larger time period. As to be sure to increase density of the hair over time, or maybe even sustain it if it lasts several years.
          I honestly don't care if they offer me valid, efficent, long lasting treatments I'll save money and definitely use them.
          Also I don't want to be offensive to Histogen as being, well, greedy or anything like that, if their treatment does what its supposed to, than by all means they should charge for it.
          The waiting is killing me...
          I know HairTalk raised some viable suggestions on the Acell thread regarding the issue of optimism, but I am by nature one of the most negative people you will come across . But when I look at the likes of Histogen, Aderans, Follica and their research findings, I cannot help but think - "yes okay, there may be bugs with these new biotech treatments, or indeed maybe none at all" -but we will fix them, and there is an end in sight.

Comment

• doinmyheadin
            • Nov 2010

A question for Dr. Craig Ziering. I read that in the original HSC trials it worked for 85% of people. Im no scientist but if the injections are suppose to produce embryonic like conditions and it works for most people why wouldnt it work for 99.9% of people?

Comment

• CVAZBAR
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by UK_
              I know HairTalk raised some viable suggestions on the Acell thread regarding the issue of optimism, but I am by nature one of the most negative people you will come across . But when I look at the likes of Histogen, Aderans, Follica and their research findings, I cannot help but think - "yes okay, there may be bugs with these new biotech treatments, or indeed maybe none at all" -but we will fix them, and there is an end in sight.
              Very true, I just wish it was NOW. I'm tired and feel like giving up hope. I'm at a point where I can't believe shit until I see something work for everyone. Can't get excited anymore but I hope the end is near.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                Inactive
                • Jan 2011

Tssssss all i know is one thing in a few years everyone here will be like this

"**** this shit why didnt i invest in those companys damn me"

You wanna bet?

Comment

• nature
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
                  Uh, no. You cannot simply assume that repeated applications of a given treatment will produce exactly the same results as previous applications. That is something which has to be established through testing.
                  But,if that is truth than we could get full density, that means NW 1.

A question for Dr. Craig Ziering.
                  What did you think when you said 50+ injections.Does it mean that you are going to inject them all at 2cm2 treatment area or something else?
                  Are you going to set clinics in some places of Europe earlier (2013.-2015.)?

Comment

• gmonasco
                    Inactive
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Craig Ziering
                    The Company hopes to have initial results from the first case studies in the next four weeks and plans on sharing those with the hair transplant community.
                    We're coming up on four weeks -- hope to hear something (good!) soon.

Comment

• Purple Glow
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dr. Craig Ziering
                      Histogen's HSC study showed a statistically significant increase in the number of terminal hairs and hair thickness at 12 weeks. At the five month timepoint there was a decrease in hairs in a number of patients, but a significant increase again at 12 months, with the number of new hairs again reaching statistical significance at one year. There were approximately 25 new hairs per 0.1cc injection and the treatment effect was seen within 2mm of the injection site.
                      For visualization purposes, I went around looking a common household objects to find something that is about the same size as the test area. 2 square millimeters is roughly the size of the diameter of a grounding pin on a 3-prong electrical plug in the United States. If you don't know what that is, here is a photo.

In that area, 25 new hairs were seen at one year.

Comment

• cannonball
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Purple Glow
                        For visualization purposes, I went around looking a common household objects to find something that is about the same size as the test area. 2 square millimeters is roughly the size of the diameter of a grounding pin on a 3-prong electrical plug in the United States. If you don't know what that is, here is a photo.

In that area, 25 new hairs were seen at one year.
                        Oh, but I think its rather 2 square cm, which should be around the third of a square inch...

Comment

• KeepHoping
                          • Dec 2010

Sqare Centimeter

I think that part of the plug would be one sqare centimeter right?

Comment

• Purple Glow
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by KeepHoping
                            I think that part of the plug would be one sqare centimeter right?
                            No, here is an image of one square centimeter proportional to a pencil.

As you can see, that box is much larger than a grounding pin on a 3-prong plug.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                              Inactive
                              • Jan 2011

So then, whats the verdict here :-)

Good or Bad. But how did you guys come on 25 hairs, i heared something about 100 hairs :-)

Comment

• gmonasco
                                Inactive
                                • Apr 2010

I think all the speculation about hair counts is moot until we know:

1) That HSC is actually producing new hairs (rather than merely coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen phase).

2) Whether the effect is compoundable with larger or repeated dosages.

Comment

Working...