Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gutted
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
    Yeah I know, time to say goodbye to the white stuff and the cigs too.
    iv been substituting with almond milk. cigs are a no go, they probably cause hair loss via other mechanisms than androgens.

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by gutted
      iv been substituting with almond milk. cigs are a no go, they probably cause hair loss via other mechanisms than androgens.
      Oxidative stress, most likely. This effect, however, is probably negligible unless you're a pack a day smoker of sorts.

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
        Oxidative stress, most likely. This effect, however, is probably negligible unless you're a pack a day smoker of sorts.
        i dunno, a cig a day is probably enough. Im pretty sure nicotine affects Nitric oxide levels somehow, which is crucial for hair growth.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by gutted
          i dunno, a cig a day is probably enough. Im pretty sure nicotine affects Nitric oxide levels somehow, which is crucial for hair growth.
          I know some pack a day smokers with incredible hairlines. NW0.

Comment

• gutted
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
            I know some pack a day smokers with incredible hairlines. NW0.
            i guess if your prone to baldness, cigs may have a negative affect on hair, but you will never really know until a controlled study is done.
            It could be that those individuals werent smoking for a suffecient amount of time to cause baldness, it may have caused hair loss here and there but not enough to cause baldness.

Comment

• doke
              • Jun 2009

One thing i am going to stop the cygenx and keep on trx i think maybe that propecia or if natural use saw palmetto get something like hairgenisis caps or procerin just to keep dht at bay.
              Or go to hair research as they have some natural stuff i used to use solgar high potancy saw pal.

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

Regarding cigs I hate to admit it but I smoke like a chimney- there's a plethora of health reason and im goin to quit for those. I'm sure all the crap in cigs will be screwing up my capillaries also, so many good reasons to quit.

Double edged sword tho-hairloss stresses me, smokes calm me-ah well gotta kick away the crutch.

Comment

• doke
                  • Jun 2009

give it up jc also guys try a laser comb with the trx,my dad smoked all his life and died at 64 so did not even get his state pension he paid into in uk.

Comment

• Jcm800
                    • Jan 2011

Yeah I'm going to doke. My dad died at 54, I'm ****ing my chances up.

I'll pass on a laser comb tho dude

Comment

• doke
                      • Jun 2009

sorry to hear about your dad that is young jc.

Comment

• Jcm800
                        • Jan 2011

Thanks doke, I was quite young at the time too. He had a full head of fair tho, genes screwed me somewhere

Comment

• doke
                          • Jun 2009

hi jc my grandad on my mothers side was bald all over top of scalp so that is where mine may come from but i do have a bit more than he had.

Comment

• gutted
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by doke
                            One thing i am going to stop the cygenx and keep on trx i think maybe that propecia or if natural use saw palmetto get something like hairgenisis caps or procerin just to keep dht at bay.
                            Or go to hair research as they have some natural stuff i used to use solgar high potancy saw pal.
                            im thinking of starting on saw palmetto 1 x 320mg a day, rotated every other day, but i dont want to experience another shed and bring my hair count down as things are going realy good.

Im theorising saw palmetto has a different mode of action than its dht lowering effect.

Comment

• doke
                              • Jun 2009

hi gutted it is supposed to be good for the prostate and sex drive hahaha

Comment

• gutted
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by doke
                                hi gutted it is supposed to be good for the prostate and sex drive hahaha
                                ive used it a few years ago, and experienced a massive accelaration of mpb while i was on it,hence why i have been coming here but i think at the time i was on a very very high dosage, which is what actually caused the accellaration.

But i have to say though, the first 3 weeks, i regrew a thick, terminal hair below my hairline and my hairline was much much stronger, im thinking of starting it again but at a much lower dose, for my hairline specifically.

I dont think saw palmettos benefits come from the dht supression. It possibly the fatty acids, and too much saw palmetto will upregulate testosterone, which is where the inrease in sex drive comes from, and possibl accerllaration in hair loss.

Comment

Working...