Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #1531
gmonasco

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
Why is this a problem when a hair transplant surgeon can correct the angle?
It's hardly efficacious to have a treatment to regrow hair that requires those regrown hairs to be individually dug out of your scalp and reseated at a proper angle.
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #1532
gmonasco

Exclamation

Quote:
Increased terminal hairs were seen in the entire region within the 4 injection sites supporting the hypothesis that HSC stimulated resting and miniaturizing follicles to increase terminal hair growth.
Note carefully that this passage does not claim that HSC is producing any new hair growth. It only talks about stimulating "resting and miniaturizing follicles."
Old 05-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #1533
BoSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
"resting and miniaturizing follicles."
This confuses me, I thought they discovered hair follicles are shrunken down, microscopic , but still there. Shouldn't treatments restore these follicles back?
BoSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #1534
tizzle

just to clarify:

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles...wth-interview/

in this interview gail naughton said that the HSC is stimulating not only the existing hair follicles (the ones that are not completely "dead" from mph) but it also stimulates the stem cells that are responsible for creating hair follicles in our scalp in the first place.

so the way i understand this, is that you can be completely bald and still regrow hair with the HSC. Its just more effective when you still have hair since remaining hair follicles will produce also more hair per follicular unit. And they call it "regenerative medicine" so i think i understood it correctly.

But if i am not plz feel free to correct me
tizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #1535
john2399

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
just to clarify:

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles...wth-interview/

in this interview gail naughton said that the HSC is stimulating not only the existing hair follicles (the ones that are not completely "dead" from mph) but it also stimulates the stem cells that are responsible for creating hair follicles in our scalp in the first place.

so the way i understand this, is that you can be completely bald and still regrow hair with the HSC. Its just more effective when you still have hair since remaining hair follicles will produce also more hair per follicular unit. And they call it "regenerative medicine" so i think i understood it correctly.

But if i am not plz feel free to correct me
You sound correct to me. I do feel a nw 2 or 3 would benefit more from this treatment or specially someone who is thinning in which this can help catch it in time.
john2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #1536
jpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
You sound correct to me. I do feel a nw 2 or 3 would benefit more from this treatment or specially someone who is thinning in which this can help catch it in time.
I'm a nw 1.5/2 thinning slowly, I'm on fin so I'm hoping I can keep it this way till Histogen comes out in a few years. I hope I'm a good candidate
jpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #1537

73% growth was from this one subject ONLY:

the rest of the subjects didn't have such massive growth, altough Histogen said that after one year, EVERYONE'S hair count improved....
2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #1538
gmonasco

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
Not exactly. She said, it "seems as though we're creating new hair follicles from stem cells that are in the scalp." It might also be the case that something else is happening, such as HSC is simply coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. The abstract quoted earlier in this thread suggests the latter.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
Not exactly. She said, it "seems as though we're creating new hair follicles from stem cells that are in the scalp." It might also be the case that something else is happening, such as HSC is simply coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. The abstract quoted earlier in this thread suggests the latter.
^ that's more likely.....

Histogen is not in the business of actually CLONING hair, it just works with what you got
2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #1540
gmonasco

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
This confuses me, I thought they discovered hair follicles are shrunken down, microscopic , but still there. Shouldn't treatments restore these follicles back?
There's a difference between follicles that are miniaturized and those that have stopped producing hair altogether. What works on the former may not necessarily work on the latter.

Tags
craig ziering, histogen, hsc, spencer kobren