Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #1531
gmonasco
Senior Member
 
gmonasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 872
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
Why is this a problem when a hair transplant surgeon can correct the angle?
It's hardly efficacious to have a treatment to regrow hair that requires those regrown hairs to be individually dug out of your scalp and reseated at a proper angle.
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #1532
gmonasco
Senior Member
 
gmonasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 872
Exclamation

Quote:
Increased terminal hairs were seen in the entire region within the 4 injection sites supporting the hypothesis that HSC stimulated resting and miniaturizing follicles to increase terminal hair growth.
Note carefully that this passage does not claim that HSC is producing any new hair growth. It only talks about stimulating "resting and miniaturizing follicles."
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #1533
BoSox
Senior Member
 
BoSox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
"resting and miniaturizing follicles."
This confuses me, I thought they discovered hair follicles are shrunken down, microscopic , but still there. Shouldn't treatments restore these follicles back?
BoSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #1534
tizzle
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 52
Default

just to clarify:

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles...wth-interview/

in this interview gail naughton said that the HSC is stimulating not only the existing hair follicles (the ones that are not completely "dead" from mph) but it also stimulates the stem cells that are responsible for creating hair follicles in our scalp in the first place.

so the way i understand this, is that you can be completely bald and still regrow hair with the HSC. Its just more effective when you still have hair since remaining hair follicles will produce also more hair per follicular unit. And they call it "regenerative medicine" so i think i understood it correctly.

But if i am not plz feel free to correct me
tizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #1535
john2399
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
just to clarify:

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles...wth-interview/

in this interview gail naughton said that the HSC is stimulating not only the existing hair follicles (the ones that are not completely "dead" from mph) but it also stimulates the stem cells that are responsible for creating hair follicles in our scalp in the first place.

so the way i understand this, is that you can be completely bald and still regrow hair with the HSC. Its just more effective when you still have hair since remaining hair follicles will produce also more hair per follicular unit. And they call it "regenerative medicine" so i think i understood it correctly.

But if i am not plz feel free to correct me
You sound correct to me. I do feel a nw 2 or 3 would benefit more from this treatment or specially someone who is thinning in which this can help catch it in time.
john2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #1536
jpm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
You sound correct to me. I do feel a nw 2 or 3 would benefit more from this treatment or specially someone who is thinning in which this can help catch it in time.
I'm a nw 1.5/2 thinning slowly, I'm on fin so I'm hoping I can keep it this way till Histogen comes out in a few years. I hope I'm a good candidate
jpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #1537
2020
Senior Member
 
2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,527
Default

73% growth was from this one subject ONLY:



the rest of the subjects didn't have such massive growth, altough Histogen said that after one year, EVERYONE'S hair count improved....
2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #1538
gmonasco
Senior Member
 
gmonasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 872
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
in this interview gail naughton said that the HSC is stimulating not only the existing hair follicles (the ones that are not completely "dead" from mph) but it also stimulates the stem cells that are responsible for creating hair follicles in our scalp in the first place.
Not exactly. She said, it "seems as though we're creating new hair follicles from stem cells that are in the scalp." It might also be the case that something else is happening, such as HSC is simply coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. The abstract quoted earlier in this thread suggests the latter.
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #1539
2020
Senior Member
 
2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
Not exactly. She said, it "seems as though we're creating new hair follicles from stem cells that are in the scalp." It might also be the case that something else is happening, such as HSC is simply coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. The abstract quoted earlier in this thread suggests the latter.
^ that's more likely.....

Histogen is not in the business of actually CLONING hair, it just works with what you got
2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #1540
gmonasco
Senior Member
 
gmonasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 872
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
This confuses me, I thought they discovered hair follicles are shrunken down, microscopic , but still there. Shouldn't treatments restore these follicles back?
There's a difference between follicles that are miniaturized and those that have stopped producing hair altogether. What works on the former may not necessarily work on the latter.
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
craig ziering, histogen, hsc, spencer kobren

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Histogen HSC | The Archived Interview with Dr. Craig Ziering on The Bald Truth tbtadmin Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic 14 05-09-2011 03:06 AM
Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Robert Bernstein About ACell MatriStem tbtadmin The Bald Truth: Show Archives 2 11-04-2010 09:10 PM
AOLís StyleList Speaks With Spencer Kobren About Womenís Hair Loss tbtadmin The Bald Truth: Show Archives 0 08-17-2010 01:01 PM
Spencer Kobrenís The Bald Truth | Interview With Dr. Craig Ziering tbtadmin Histogen's Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC) 3 10-08-2009 11:53 AM

» The Bald Truth
» Recent Threads
finasteride and libido
08-08-2013 09:51 PM
by boourns
Last post by Bren79
Today 07:53 AM
Complete RU58841 Usage Guide
05-01-2013 06:52 PM
Last post by Potm22
Today 07:43 AM
Reactions to shaved head. Advice?
06-16-2013 04:03 AM
by yabyel
Last post by Bren79
Today 07:37 AM
» Newest Videos

Update On Hairloss 8/10/09...
My hair loss was getting worse, so I just got it cut really short now. I don't think it looks that b...


Hair Loss Remedy Myths Perpetuated Onlin...
We are sure these people mean well, but this is a prime example of why the snake oil industry thrive...


Hair Transplant | "SurgeonofNalts&q...
http://www.baldtruthtalk.comFounder of The American Hair Loss Association Spencer Kobren speaks with...


How Hair Loss Colors Our Lives | Spencer...
...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:05 AM.