Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #21
sausage

What type of hairloss are we talking about here?

We are 100% not talking about typical pattern baldness.

I eat healthily and I am in good shape physically, always have been and my hairloss is definately not to do with my diet, especially as my brother suffers from hairloss too and therefore is clearly hereditry.
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #22
sgilk4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
I agree that nutrition has an impact on hair loss, I do not doubt that for a second. What I doubt is that it will have a substanial effect on MBP. If you are suffering from MBP a healthy diet will help making the hair that are not effected by DHT look good and healthy, but the hair follicles in the areas that are effected by DHT will still shrink and eventually die. It might slow it down a bit, I just don't believe that food will do it alone, if so there would be no balding top athletes...

I can honestly say that I haven't eaten any fast food or boxed foods for the past 3 years. My diet consists of fish, various vegestables, chicken/turkey and almonds and fruits and I do cross fit 3-4 times a week. Am I missing something in my diet to make this work?

Bonus info: My hair loss is somewhere between NW2 and NW3.
When I first started my page, I was only going to gear it towards women. About six months into my research, I started reading about men who were able to reverse their hair loss as well. I cannot leave men out if there is a chance that it will work.

If I could change the title to my website, I would change it to Hair Loss Diet to Thicken Hair, or something like that. The title is actually composed of keywords.

Many people have a gluten sensitivity. I don't know if you eat grains, but that could be a clue. Most of the time, though, the intolerance to gluten causes alopecia areata/totalis.

Your diet is excellent. One thing though. You have to eat the kind of vegetables that most people avoid. Go very heavy on kale, spinach, leeks and bok choy. 50% vegetables per day in volume.

I am in communication with a young 23-year-old male who stopped shedding when he stopped junk food. His breakfast consisted of Captain Crunch, his lunch was the same, and his dinner was McDoland's. He started thinning in his late teens. He is so stressed about his hair loss, he has never worked.

For men, Cholorophyll, Saw Palmetto, and Zinc are top notch. And then wait and see what happens.
sgilk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
sgilk4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage View Post
What type of hairloss are we talking about here?

We are 100% not talking about typical pattern baldness.

I eat healthily and I am in good shape physically, always have been and my hairloss is definately not to do with my diet, especially as my brother suffers from hairloss too and therefore is clearly hereditry.
Even in the books that I've read geared towards men, they don't distinguish between male patterned baldness (horseshoe) or just generalized thinning. The men I've talked to had generalized thinning. It is my belief that for men with MPB, this would work best as a preventative measure. I would never tell a man that because he has advanced MPV that he is out of the loop. We don't know enough about it yet.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #24
VictimOfDHT

Bottom line is : If hair loss runs in your family and you inherit the curse gene, you ARE going to lose your hair NO MATTER WHAT you eat...or don't eat.

But anyway, I'm not giving up my cheese cake for nothing. I live a life with no sex and I couldn't care less but can't live without sweets. I'm pretty skinny though.
VictimOfDHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #25
sgilk4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
Bottom line is : If hair loss runs in your family and you inherit the curse gene, you ARE going to lose your hair NO MATTER WHAT you eat...or don't eat.

But anyway, I'm not giving up my cheese cake for nothing. I live a life with no sex and I couldn't care less but can't live without sweets. I'm pretty skinny though.
Oh. Okay.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #26
Maradona

I really wish there was a section for diet, not only for hair loss but for well being,fitness and combat the depression that hair loss may bring.

Oh well thanks for the info anyway
Maradona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #27
sgilk4

Default You are Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
I really wish there was a section for diet, not only for hair loss but for well being,fitness and combat the depression that hair loss may bring.

Oh well thanks for the info anyway
You are so welcome.

Sheree
Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #28
PatientlyWaiting

MPB is genetic.

A good diet when you have MBP, will be as effective as taking hair vitamins, that make hair and scalp healthier but they won't regrow hair or stop hair loss. That's what a good diet would do.
PatientlyWaiting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hair loss diet, reverse hair loss, stop hair loss