+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 94
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,745

    Default

    This has nothing to do with Replicel, but I would just like you all to know I remember a time when research into repairing nerves to aid prostate cancer victims who had suffered total loss of sensation (ED) was utterly dismal.

    Low & behold... technology improves:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...red-limbs.html

    My point is that, like all other forms of technology, it will improve, we have come a long way from plugs to 3% hair growth using a patients own cells.

  2. #32
    Senior Member jman91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    This has nothing to do with Replicel, but I would just like you all to know I remember a time when research into repairing nerves to aid prostate cancer victims who had suffered total loss of sensation (ED) was utterly dismal.

    Low & behold... technology improves:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...red-limbs.html

    My point is that, like all other forms of technology, it will improve, we have come a long way from plugs to 3% hair growth using a patients own cells.

    the daily mail is full of drivel

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    My point is that, like all other forms of technology, it will improve, we have come a long way from plugs to 3% hair growth using a patients own cells.
    It is 12.5% vellus hair plus 3% terminal hair - hair that wasn't there before. That is a significant achievement. Those baby vellus hairs can transform into terminal hair and much of it probably will. The only way an intelligent person can look at this result and see it as a failure is if that person is completely closed minded and wants to see it as a failure. Unfortunately, there are members of this forum who are that closed minded and that negative - and that is a real shame. I could never go though life being that negative and that closed minded.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I am so glad i listened to that interview, the report sounded worse than the reality of it

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickly_burnt_tree_forest View Post
    I am so glad i listened to that interview, the report sounded worse than the reality of it
    Really? Personally I wasn't terribly impressed by David Hall in this interview.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It is 12.5% vellus hair plus 3% terminal hair - hair that wasn't there before. That is a significant achievement. Those baby vellus hairs can transform into terminal hair and much of it probably will. The only way an intelligent person can look at this result and see it as a failure is if that person is completely closed minded and wants to see it as a failure. Unfortunately, there are members of this forum who are that closed minded and that negative - and that is a real shame. I could never go though life being that negative and that closed minded.
    I agree. I'm super curios to know if the terminal becomes vellus - if it does then they have hit 15% new growth.

    Then if you use Aderans or Histogen on top of RepliCel then you might get 40-50-70% and possibly halt your hair loss. Ahhh fingers crossed...

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    i really wonder what will 12 months show us.like histogen, replicel will probably get exponential increase after 1 year.12% vellus growth is sth that cannot be overlooked.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I agree. I'm super curios to know if the terminal becomes vellus - if it does then they have hit 15% new growth.

    Then if you use Aderans or Histogen on top of RepliCel then you might get 40-50-70% and possibly halt your hair loss. Ahhh fingers crossed...
    that's an important point.d.hall in interview said that there are many other techniques and replicel's is just one of them.so he implied that a cure to baldness requires combination of different technqiues.when all products will come to market , maybe in 2015-2016, we are gonna need to buy all of them.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    80

    Default

    and if that is to be the case then there will need to be some sort of research as to test if it is indeed possible to use all three, I don't want to rain on your parade but these three methods may not play nice together.

    All in all its not as bad as everyone here is making it out to be.

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Oh no.

    Please don't start on the over speculation again people, that kind of desperate guesswork had people practically booking time off work within the next few years based on assumptions.

    I'm all for optimism but it only leads to erratic swings in emotion which is no good for anyone. Let the results do the speaking and stop tilting at windmills.

    Replicel might, in time, become your guardian in the battle against hairloss. At this point in time it's nothing, but it's trying to be something. Give it space.

Similar Threads

  1. Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Gary Hitzig - The Future of ACell for Hair Loss
    By tbtadmin in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 07:01 PM
  2. Spencer Kobren Speaks With Gary Hitzig, M.D. | The Latest on ACell
    By tbtadmin in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 07:14 AM
  3. Spencer Kobren Speaks With UCLA Scientist About Latest Hair Raising Discovery
    By tbtadmin in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 09:54 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 11:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Best Hair Transplant surgeons in the world?
10-20-2014 09:51 AM
by psychic
Last Post By fred970
Today 01:47 PM
Alternatives to finasteride
Today 01:42 PM
Last Post By paulneedshair
Today 01:42 PM
Histogen and Replicel : stem cell meeting on the Mesa
09-28-2014 03:48 PM
Last Post By mezuroro
Today 01:27 PM
[HELP - PHOTOS ATTACHED] What treatment should I use?
02-10-2014 01:27 AM
Last Post By thinninghair
Today 12:46 PM
Topical Fin or RU?
10-22-2014 06:58 PM
by buck
Last Post By buck
Today 12:13 PM