Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #41
gmonasco

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
Living in denial and attacking others WHO ARE ONLY BEING REALISTIC and who see things as they are WON'T change anything, buddy.
Realism and ignorance and two very different things. Demonstrating the latter doesn't produce the former.
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #42
jman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
Realism and ignorance and two very different things. Demonstrating the latter doesn't produce the former.
very poetic gmonasco, but Realism is accepting that in the best case scenario Replicel can only regrow 12% of you're hair and that's not good enough to even come to market. Facts are the facts and you are just calling people ignorant because they don't share your level of optimism in regards to how this fail of a trial will be turned into a useful end product....let it go now, you should move on.
jman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #43
ejj

same old same old ... ` prp` .. ` acell ` .. `plucked hair `... `layyyyzer therapy` ` replicell ` ... what next ? all utter bs .....
ejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #44
NeedHairASAP

it's like a preschool class

"stay positive!"

"use your inside voice!"

"hug yourself. you're special!"
NeedHairASAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #45
gmonasco

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
but Realism is accepting that in the best case scenario Replicel can only regrow 12% of you're hair and that's not good enough to even come to market.
But you don't know that to be the best case scenario, because Replicel hasn't been through a full efficacy trial yet.

Quote:
Facts are the facts and you are just calling people ignorant because they don't share your level of optimism in regards to how this fail of a trial will be turned into a useful end product
No, I'm calling you ignorant because you've repeatedly demonstrated that you don't understand how clinical trials work. I don't have any particular optimism regarding Replicel.
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #46
Xestenz

Yes, the Phase I/II efficacy results were prima facie disappointing.

However, one thing overlooked here is that the act of cultivating and injecting dermal cup sheath cells back into the doner is now effectively proven to positively influence human hair growth.

Despite the low numbers, this in and of itself amounts to a breakthrough.

Also, much of the focus has been on the dosage aspect of the Phase I/II trial, and the fact that a 100x dose should produce 'more' results.

Two points about this -- putting on 10x the amount of sunscreen on a single spot does not necessarily provide 10x the sun protection, but sunscreen continuously applied over a large area will provide up to the rated protection. Perhaps Replicel's therapy will work much the same way, where it is proper distribution of the DCS cells and not concentration of those cells that will yield the best results.

Also, while dosage is important, I think the real opportunity for improved results will come from refinement of the cell cultivation and multiplication process itself. Note that three test subjects were disqualified simply because their respective personal therapies were subject to slightly higher temperatures during shipment. This demonstrates how sensitive this aspect of the process really is.

We know from other research that multiple generations of cultivated cells can quickly lose their ability to perform their original task. What if, under the current method, only 1 in 1000 DSC cells maintains the ability to wake a folicle or induce a new one? What if that could be refined to 1 in 100? Or 1 in 10? Harvesting, cultivation, multiplication, shipping, application, etc. can all play a role in this -- and this IMO is were greater gains in actual hair growth might be found.

Just some thoughts to add to the fray.
Xestenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #47
Follicle Death Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejj View Post
same old same old ... ` prp` .. ` acell ` .. `plucked hair `... `layyyyzer therapy` ` replicell ` ... what next ? all utter bs .....
Utter bs next. I hear it's a fancy new organic topical about to start trials. Smells a bit though.
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #48
Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
Utter bs next. I hear it's a fancy new organic topical about to start trials. Smells a bit though.
Arghhhhhh where the **** is Aderans and Histogen when you need em :P
Kiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:38 AM   #49
BaldinLikeBaldwin

Replicel... bwoy you better go back to the drawing board cause you LOST tonight
BaldinLikeBaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #50
Tracy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Arghhhhhh where the %^#$ is Aderans and Histogen when you need em :P
We need every company that is willing to work on solving the problem to stay in the game. Tossing one company out simply because you cannot see the gains they have made is very foolish. I personally have very little faith in Aderans - but I certainly hope they stay in the game because you just never know what is going to happen. The more companies out there trying to solve the problem the better it is for us because it increases the chances that a solution will be found more sooner than later.
Tracy C is offline   Reply With Quote