Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #1601
JJacobs152

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
not to sound ignorant but how come you guys would say the results failed?
I'm hoping somebody can answer this question as well. a bit confused as to why people are saying this, when the results were to determine if the procedure is safe...
JJacobs152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #1602
john2399

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
I'm hoping somebody can answer this question as well. a bit confused as to why people are saying this, when the results were to determine if the procedure is safe...
People are just desperate and patience is out of the question so when theres lil regrowth than shit hits the fan. I think it's going to take a full year to determine how effective replicel will be just in how histogen had better results after 1 year and how propecia takes a full year to see regrowth. Im curious to see what spencer thinks about the results
john2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #1603
Thinning@30

I seem to remember reading posts that compared the length of the hair cycles in mice, dogs, and humans. If I remember correctly, the hair cycle for a mouse was several weeks, whereas for a human it was much longer, perhaps even several years. I wonder if these could be why Replicel got such good regrowth in the mouse trials, but to date has so little to show for the human trial. Would the results be better at the one year mark?

I can't wait for the David Hall interview, assuming there is still going to be one!
Thinning@30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #1604
NeedHairASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
People are just desperate and patience is out of the question so when theres lil regrowth than shit hits the fan. I think it's going to take a full year to determine how effective replicel will be just in how histogen had better results after 1 year and how propecia takes a full year to see regrowth. Im curious to see what spencer thinks about the results

histogen had results 3 months or less

why does it matter what spencer says? He already gave the disclaimer that he is just a normal guy. His opinion is really only so valuable. He is knowledgeable, but do you guys really need him to let you know whether the results were weak or not? I value his opinion and am interested in what his response will be, but some people go a little far with their devotion
NeedHairASAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #1605
WashedOut

It's a start. Not a great start but still a start. I sure hope they don't call it quits because the more people working on this stuff the better.
WashedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #1606
john2399

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
histogen had results 3 months or less

why does it matter what spencer says? He already gave the disclaimer that he is just a normal guy. His opinion is really only so valuable. He is knowledgeable, but do you guys really need him to let you know whether the results were weak or not? I value his opinion and am interested in what his response will be, but some people go a little far with their devotion
Spencer has been around these so called next treatments and all these clinical trials so im guessing he knows how to understand the next step more than us. You are so negative about everything you post like thanks for ruining my mood and others.
john2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #1607
uninformed

Quote:
Spencer has been around these so called next treatments and all these clinical trials so im guessing he knows how to understand the next step more than us. You are so negative about everything you post like thanks for ruining my mood and others.
Some people just like to make, others feel miserable, its as if it some how makes them feel better.
uninformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #1608
uninformed

Quote:
Some people just like to make, others feel miserable, its as if it some how makes them feel better.
uninformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #1609
kanyon

If this only results in a 3% improvement than I guess the cost of the treatment should be around $100 rather than thousands, right?

That's some good news.
kanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #1610
67mph

For the love of god, can those that mention mice stop mentioning mice??!

Last edited by 67mph; 05-03-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: uhh, did i mention mice?
67mph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replicel, replicel: last hope, replifail, treatment