Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
JJacobs152

Default Are diffuse thinners good candidates for HT?

Just as the title suggests, I'm a diffuse thinner. Don't follow any Norwood pattern at the moment, besides a receding hairline. However, with the current hairless pattern, am I a viable candidate for a procedure?

What determines if a candidate is viable for a procedure?
JJacobs152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Delphi

Diffuse thinners usually donít make the best candidates for a hair transplant because the donor might not be stable. I think it depends on the person.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Tracy C

Hi JJacobs152,

Diffuse thinners are more vulnerable to shock loss from the surgery. Since shock loss does not always recover, this can lead to a person being worse off after surgery than before.
Tracy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
gillenator

Diffused thinners should always have their entire scalps examined under high powered magnification (videoscope) for signs of miniturization. This includes the donor zones. This will inform both the doctor and patient where DHT is impeding, noting any loss of hair shaft diameter.

What is the most advanced class of loss on either side of your family history?

Are you on Propecia by chance?

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following supporting physicians: Dr. Glenn Charles, Dr. Jerry Cooley, Dr. James Harris, Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin
gillenator is offline   Reply With Quote