Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #1571
PinotQ

Ipenergy, Good list......I would like to add that I hope Spencer does not lob a softball on the pennystock-ad-gate issue. Not that David Hall will divulge anything of note but it would be nice to get an explanation of the thought process behind their campaign and, more importantly, I would sure like to read his demeanor and tone of voice when he responds. One more possible interesting question: I wonder what would happen if they injected acell at the time they re-inject the DSC cells. Could acell recruit a missing molecule or two that might make a difference?
PinotQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #1572
Follicle Death Row

Horrible results. Almost insignificant statistically. And there was David Hall saying anything above 30% would be a massive success. Time to move on.

I like the lateral thinking of growing follicles on mice and transplanting them. Interesting. I'll take 100 mice please!
Follicle Death Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #1573
Follicle Death Row

How did they get funding for phase 2? Quite frankly they don't have results good enough to proceed to phase 2. I don't understand.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #1574
The Alchemist

As of now the results are:

12.5% increase in Vellus hair
3.2% increase in terminal hair

The fate of those 12.5% vellus will be very important. If they develop into terminal hairs over the next 6 months or so, then they might be on to something. And as IPenegry has noted, there is the possibility that these results could be compoundable. If that's the case, then this would be a good result. But, only if those vellus hairs grow to terminals.

Two things i had a question about before they even started the trial were: at what depth are they making these injections and how far can these cells migrate once injected?

Suppose these cells don't migrate from the site of injection very far, if at all? Suppose that the injection depth used in this protocol is not optimal?

If those two variables were not dialed in correctly for human scalp then it could explain their poor response.

Phase II is going to be an exploratory phase, much the same that Aderans went through. It has the potential to be a long time span. But, i sure as heck hope not.
The Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #1575
eqvist

Follicle Death Row!!!!!!!!!! MAY YOU PLEASE LEAVE THE REPLICEL THREAD!!!!!!!?
There is a Replicel fail thread for you!
eqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #1576
sausage

Looks like I will be single forever, either that or I'll have to lump it with an overweight heffer with a hairy muff. Life sucks.
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #1577
Supersixx

Well well well. So bad news afterall....Feel bad for the guys in here that is loosing hope and feel insecure about their going bald. I've seen this coming a mile away and seen so many posters put so much hope and faith in Replicel only to be disappointed.
Supersixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #1578
Follicle Death Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqvist View Post
Follicle Death Row!!!!!!!!!! MAY YOU PLEASE LEAVE THE REPLICEL THREAD!!!!!!!?
There is a Replicel fail thread for you!
There is? Ok cool. Thanks for the info.

But seriously, I'm just being a realist. The results are not good. You could easily have those sort of increases or decreases with seasonal sheds.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #1579
Supersixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage View Post
Looks like I will be single forever, either that or I'll have to lump it with an overweight heffer with a hairy muff. Life sucks.
Don't look at what you don't have but what you do have and make it work for you. Girls do it all the time. As for the overweight heffer with a hairy muff....kee in mind that men are outnumbered 6-1 and there are 7 billion people out there...another thing I've learned is that girls tend to like what we think they don't..cheer up.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #1580
Supersixx

Also a sense of humor TRUMPS anything a person can offer.......

Tags
replicel, replicel: last hope, replifail, treatment