Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #21
clandestine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgold View Post
obviously it regrows hair or they wouldnt take time and money to develop it
No. This is not obvious. Preventative measures are indeed necessary when considering hairloss treatments.
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:45 AM   #22
Pate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
yeah this won't take 5 years... At most maybe 2 years.

Anyways, they're targeting acne market at the moment, so whatever product they'll come up with will probably be too weak to use against MPB...
3 years for the acne treatment was the original prognosis, 4 years (ie 2016) for MPB... but it'll be interesting to see how that might change with the Phase II now locked in and the power of this mystery 'major pharmaceutical' company behind it. It could be fast-tracked. Cosmo didn't have the resources to develop it themselves.

Here's hoping, anyway!

The POC study did regrow some hair but it's not a growth stimulant so I think the main value will be in maintaining what you already have. Modest regrowth at best. Combine it with Histogen and we will (hopefully) all be hirsuite ladykillers again...
Pate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #23
Gjm127

If it's not a stimulant, then what is it?
Gjm127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #24
gmonasco

Quote:
CB-03-01, a molecule patented by Cosmo, is a steroidal ester, androgen antagonist derived from 11-deoxycortisone, which tightly mimics the profile of an ideal anti-androgen for topical use.

The objective is to create a product for topical application to treat acne, male pattern baldness, and seborrhoea that does not have the side effects of products currently being taken in tablet form.

An IND was filed in the US for CB-03-01 for acne. Clinical trials are planned to start in the USA in Q2 2012.
http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/...peline/cb.aspx

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=apTE0BEalKQs
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #25
Gjm127

So this means they're entering phase 1 this May. So we're 8-10 years away?
Gjm127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #26
Pate

No, they're entering Phase II for acne. The alopecia product is about 12 months behind the acne product from the look of their presentations.

As I already said in the post you must have read because you replied to it, "3 years for the acne treatment was the original prognosis, 4 years (ie 2016) for MPB."

The licensing news is a big positive because whoever this big pharma company is, they will have deep pockets so development shouldn't stall through lack of funds.

And it's not a growth stimulant, it's an anti-androgen. But in the POC study it showed regrowth that I'd say is better than Propecia. Which is not surprising, Propecia only lowers scalp DHT by something like 30% if I recall correctly. This stuff should comfortably beat that figure, while still leaving our serum DHT where it should be!
Pate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:24 AM   #27
Sogeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pate View Post
No, they're entering Phase II for acne. The alopecia product is about 12 months behind the acne product from the look of their presentations.

As I already said in the post you must have read because you replied to it, "3 years for the acne treatment was the original prognosis, 4 years (ie 2016) for MPB."

The licensing news is a big positive because whoever this big pharma company is, they will have deep pockets so development shouldn't stall through lack of funds.

And it's not a growth stimulant, it's an anti-androgen. But in the POC study it showed regrowth that I'd say is better than Propecia. Which is not surprising, Propecia only lowers scalp DHT by something like 30% if I recall correctly. This stuff should comfortably beat that figure, while still leaving our serum DHT where it should be!
Here's hoping. And not just for MPB, but for acne too, in my case atleast .
Sogeking is online now   Reply With Quote